• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who got the worse treatment compared to their game counterpart?

Who had the worse treatment compared to their game counterpart?

• Total voters

09Murphym

I will have to say Hop. While wally and Hau still have some importance in their respective arcs, Hop had his role mostly stolen by a character who was an minor NPC in the games. Also I am aware that I could have added more characters to the poll but these three seem to be brought up the most when it comes to discussions of rivals that have reduced roles in the adventures manga.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
People only say Wally was "treated poorly" because he didn't become a Dex holder.

Because if they try to argue he was shafted story-wise, then I suggest people replay RSE. Wally's story relevance was completely non-existent in those games. You could remove him and absolutely nothing would change.

And outside of Sobble (arguably), Marvin didn't "steal" anything.

And its clearly hard for Kusaka to fully balance two protags with Spe's current schedule. Adding Hop would not be a good idea here.

09Murphym

People only say Wally was "treated poorly" because he didn't become a Dex holder.

Because if they try to argue he was shafted story-wise, then I suggest people replay RSE. Wally's story relevance was completely non-existent in those games. You could remove him and absolutely nothing would change.

And outside of Sobble (arguably), Marvin didn't "steal" anything.

And its clearly hard for Kusaka to fully balance two protags with Spe's current schedule. Adding Hop would not be a good idea here.
I was referring to how Marvin is the third member of the galar trio instead of Hop, who would have made more sense.

Moni_22

I was referring to how Marvin is the third member of the galar trio instead of Hop, who would have made more sense.
I guess it's because he wants to treat the 3 rivals equally. Having Hop as a third main character would mean that he would be more important than Bede and Marnie. For now, I like how he's treating Hop and Bede, Marnie still hasn't been as important but that will probably change when Piers is introduced.