• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who has actually encoutered a shiny pokemon asides the freebies in games?

PokeMaster366

I've found a green Bronzor and green Zubat in D/P/Pt, a shiny Girafarig in R/S that I didn't catch (Safari Zone pains), and a Patrat with blue eyes in White.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
shinies I have seen

I have seen several shinies my first being a shiny weedle back during gen 2 at the time though I thought it was a glitch and besides I didnt have any pokeballs at the time to catch it especially since I had just started a new game.
other shinies I have seen and remember seeing consist of:
tentacool(caught silver version)
girafarig(gen 2 didnt catch)
sandshrew(gen 3 caught and evolved it but I forgot to trade it to a different game before I restarted that save file)
boldore(caught black version)
numel(sapphire version caught)
rattata(caught soulsilver)
magikarp(silver version caught funny thing I caught it while surfing around the red gyarados)
and that is all I remember

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
I have. :3 Shiny Starly and an amazing shiny Lillipup that is now a shiny Stoutland. <3 :3

Always wanted one of those > <

My only random encounters were from Diamond: a shiny Golbat at Stark Mountain was my first,a gastly from Old Chateau and a Graveler near Celestic town.

And I was happy that I had kept my Master Balls:
the guy knew self-destruct.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Let's see...

Shiny Cleffa on Crystal (Odd Egg hatched)
Shiny Zubat on Sapphire (caught, lost when brother restarted it)
Shiny Oddish on Emerald (caught, lost when Emerald went missing)
Shiny Chansey on Pearl (seen, only had four Heal Balls, used all four and was forced to run away :( )
Shiny Magcargo on Pearl (caught, lost when the game got corrupted)
Shiny Gyarados on Platinum (caught, slated to be transferred over to SS, then White)
Shiny Litwick on Black (caught, now a Lampent)
Shiny Illumise on White (caught, named her Lady Gaga, also was the first Illumise I encountered when the swarm appeared for the first time)

I have yet to encounter a shiny on HG/SS.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I've encountered two, both in White. The first was a Litwick, which I was while I wasn't paying attention and accidently KO'd it, and the second was a Purrloin which now rests in my PC.

Blockmaster

Beep-Boop!
-Golduck in Black
-Chansey in HeartGold
-Zubat in Black 2

All are totally random, but none really appeal to me. I also cleverly named my Golduck 'Gloduck'

Also worth noting, all three were first encounters (as in I just went in the area and *bam* Shiny)

Kalosian

So long
Met and captured:

Ponyta in Crystal
Duskull in Ruby
Tentacool and Pidgeotto in FireRed
Tentacool in LeafGreen
Oddish, Poochyena, Whismur and Spinda in Emerald
Hippowdon in Pearl
Basculin in Black
Braviary in White

Met and captured, but not kept due to the circumstances:

2 Minccino in White

These are all of the shinies I have met aside from RNGs and trades.

AphoticVoid

Pokémon Trainer
Encountered and caught a shiny Basculin in Black 2 and a female shiny Carvanha in Emerald. And I also encountered a shiny (forgot which pokémon) in Emerald, but that was years ago, when I had no idea shinies existed.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Just two, and they were accidental. A Surskit from Pokemon XD and a male Nidoran from SS

Necro101

...I have never seen a shiny Pokemon in the wild other than the Gyarados from lake of rages who dosen't count...
When I look at these posts with like 15 shinies, all I can say is that they are relay lucky... Wait, maybe I'm the unlucky one.

RAWK ON

Jerda Foks

Ponyville Author
A Tangela in Black. I traded it off for something rare at some point. Can't remember what exactly.

colorless-winter

i love my Sylveon!
me ive met and caught ummmm...........none... none at all DX
you all are so lucky....
XP

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
i have. (in sig) reallllllllllllllly unluck tho

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
other then gyarados, gible, haxorus, and a traded machamp, I have found a Graveer on Diamond, and a Klink and mincinno in Black1 (both pre-national)

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I have been playing Pokemon since Gen 1 (Red/Blue/Yellow). I still play the games I have White 1 getting Black 2 soon. and aside from the freebies and events and such. I have never ran into a Shiny. :(

The Arceus Delusion

In Arceus We Trust
Quite a few:
I found a shiny Psyduck in fire red, which I mistakenly evolved into a Golduck. I also found a shiny Rhyhorn in the safari zone in Leaf Green. Regrettably, I deleted my old Pearl file in 2010, so I no longer have my two original shinies anymore.

Anyways, the shinies I now have are:
Cascoon (Pearl)
Nidoran M (Soul Silver)
Roselia (Pearl)
Snubbull (Soul Silver)
Minccino (White)
Magnemite (White 2)
Spinarak (Bred in Black, Hatched in White 2)