• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who has actually encoutered a shiny pokemon asides the freebies in games?

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I've found plenty of shinies. However, I've NEVER hatched one :(

Serebii!

The first shiny Pokemon I found was Ghastly which was random, I have also randomly found a Tangela and Zubat shiny

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Many but the only random shinies I meet were Puputar in Pokemon black and Sawk in another pokemon black file.I worked hard for my other shinies.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
The most encounters I've had were in my Silver version where I missed out on the Ditto, Psyduck, and Yanma. Second would be my Sapphire version where I struck lucky and managed to catch a shiny Pikachu in the Safari Zone. The other shiny I found was a Graveler and it ended with a bang. Third would be my White version where I stumbled upon a shiny Boldore. In all my other versions, I have found nothing.

Sandkitty-Nya

Kekekekeh!
Bidoof in Platinum (Very first Shiny I ever saw. I was in Eterna Forest, though, so naturally Cheryl and her stupid Chansey killed it. >.<)
Wingull in Platinum (I, uh.. Accidentally killed it. I'm still kicking myself over it despite it happening back in early 2010. *Sighs*)
Nidoran-F in HeartGold (Found while looking for a Growlithe. First Shiny I ever caught. She's now a gorgeous Nidoqueen <3)
A Starly, about 5 Shinx and maybe.. 4-5 Ralts in Platinum due to Chaining.
Rufflet in Black (My first attempt to hatch a Shiny. Took over 400 eggs, but it was so, so very worth it. <3)
Tropius in Black (Completely random encounter. Scared me half to death when it showed up.)
Gastly in Black (Hatched only a week ago. Completely random, too! I've always wanted a Shiny Gastly, so I was absolutely over the moon getting him. <3)

Preeetty sure that's it for any I actually encountered myself. I wish I had better luck with Shinies, especially chaining. My best friend has amazingly stupid luck with the PokeRadar.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I've been playing pokemon repeatedly for YEARS (ever since R/B/Y, though I know there were no shinies then). The ONLY pure random encounter I've ever had was of a Sandile in Black/White while I was EV training. I must just have crap luck for shiny encounters. I've had a few hatch from the Daycare eggs on Crystal, but isn't that a 50% chance? So it hardly counts.

Oh, I did successfully Chain a few on D/P/Pl. A Shinx, a pair of Ponyta, a Magnemite, a Smoochum. Maybe more. But damn...chaining got to be crazy hard and time-consuming.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
I've found quite some shinies in my years as a Pokémon palyer. My first one was Doduo on Leaf Green. After that I've had many others, and the most recent have been shiny Audino in Black, shiny Eevee I hatched in White and my shiny Oshawott in White 2. When I saw my starter was shiny I literally screamed "F*CK YEAH!"

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
I have been playing Pokemon since 1999 and I have never encountered a shiny in any of the games I have played through ever.

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
First was a Drowzee in the original Silver. Then a Banette in Sapphire. Ever since then, I've only accidentally found my shiny Shellder through an egg, and any others were all through trades or the obvious gyarados...

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Random Shiny's:

Bibarel (DP), Starly (DP), Caterpie (GSC), Golbat (RSE), Anorith <3 (Emerald, shiny given by proffersor)
Jigglypuff (Caught in Safari ball - HS) Lileep (Random breed no MM - b/w) Litwick (b/w), Tentacruel (HS), Pineco (DP).

MM's

Throh, Heracross, Torkoal, Ponyta, Tauros, Murkrow, Phanpy, Zorua.

I am currently now breeding for Shiny Numel :)

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
Randomly found a Raticate and Clefairy on White, as well as a Geodude on HeartGold. Top tip: If you want to hunt shinies whilst not focusing on it, complete your pokedex.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Most of my shinies in my sig were encountered randomly in the wild (plus the illumise I traded), except for Dustox, which I traded for. I haven't played Black and White 2 yet, so my only other non-random shinies are two red gyarados.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
I am currently in the worst situation ever. I'm playing Pokemon Emerald on an emulator, and I kid you not, the third pokemon I come across is a shiny Poochyena. This is the first legit shiny I've seen in about five years, and I DON'T HAVE ANY GODDAMN POKEBALLS AT THIS STAGE!!! <sob>

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I am currently in the worst situation ever. I'm playing Pokemon Emerald on an emulator, and I kid you not, the third pokemon I come across is a shiny Poochyena. This is the first legit shiny I've seen in about five years, and I DON'T HAVE ANY GODDAMN POKEBALLS AT THIS STAGE!!! <sob>
I feel your pain.
Anyway, my first shiny was a zigzagoon. Then I found a Shiny Sharpedo and a shiny zubat which eventually became an awesome shiny crobat. All were these were in my sapphire game. Sadly, I haven't found any shinnies in any other of the games ( and ive played all except the second gen).

It is I-

Shiny Spearow in Firered, now a Fearow
Shiny Audino in Black
and Shiny Golett in White, now a Golurk

I have seen and caught a shiny oddish and numel. I evolved the oddish into a bellosom, and the numel is now a camerupt.

First a shiny Sandile in White, than a shiny Nidorino which I didn't end up catching cause of it's highish catch rate in the Great Marsh. Dx
Plus tons from trades and RNGs.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I found a shiny Tentacool in SS. Didn't like how it was female, though. Alas, it's gone now due to me restarting it (seriously, 300-something hours and I STILL hadn't beat the Elite Four? Inexcusable).

My aunt bought me a used Diamond cartridge... that had a shiny Arceus on it. Yeah, it's obviously hacked, but I still keep it 'cause it's the key to my Giratina in SS.

Apparantly I found a shiny Vullaby in Black... but ran from it, and never realised it until I saw that Vullaby had a shiny form in the Pokédex.