• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who has actually encoutered a shiny pokemon asides the freebies in games?

I don't really care about shinies, but anyways:
- I caught a Shiny Bellsprout in LeafGreen, but that file was corrupted, so it's gone...
- I once encountered a Shiny Drowzee in LeafGreen, but I didn't have Poke Balls with me...
- I once encountered a Shiny Seaking and a Shiny Dratini in the same Safari Game on LeafGreen, but both of them fled...
- In Emerald, I once caught a Shiny Trapinch, it's a Shiny Flygon now.

All legal, I don't use RNG and stuff like that.

Last edited:

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
Well, back when the stars aligned into the shapes of Nut Bars and the planets became one, I encountered a good few shinies on some of my ancient and otherwise deleted save files back in Gen III. Thanks to my infallible photographic memory, I can still tell you which ones they where and exactly where I caught them, so my only regret is having been stupid enough to delete them in the first place.

- Back on Leafgreen, I encountered a shiny Slowpoke on the south portion of Six Island, and to my recollection it either evolved into a Slowbro later on or fainted during the encounter.
- I encountered at least three on Emerald, but they were all on seperate save files. One was a Zubat, the other a Tentacool, and the last was a Banette. I still have the last one in theory, but I can't transfer it since I lost the original cartridge nearly four years ago, and the battery's probably dead by now. If I can just find where that cart went, I can get all of my cool stuff back.

As for my current experience with the Shiny Charm, I've been trying to hatch a shiny Poochyena, but to no avail. I hear from a greater authority that a minimum of 200 eggs should give me a fighting chance, but I don't even have the patience to hatch 80 in one day.

Hydreigon6507

I have found a Shiny... after waiting six years.
I guess it was just becoming inevitable, and that was why I found it. My luck is strange that way.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
one, only one a shiny Seviper in white. i was over the moon.

i have been playing since i first got blue that was long ago

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
org gold: golbat, org silver: magby, platinum: ratacate, missed cacthing it >>, ss: swinub, white: Tranquill, Black: Cleafariy

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Millions of people have. They're not super rare if you know what you're doing.

iCakeify

Luxray Fanboy
Shiny Golbat. Shiny Weedle. And shiny Charmander. Oh. Can't forget about that shiny Chinchou.

That's it, I guess.

When I played my first pokemon game(Pearl), I was training my Piplup as soon as I found a shiny Starly level 3. I thought my DS was broken or having weird glitches and I was afraid that the coloring was getting broken so I quickly turned the game off. I forgot to save. Anyways, I learned my lesson.... LOL that was depressing when I found out it was just a shiny....

Ditto B1tch

Rhyhorn at Pokemon Safari in FireRed

Tentacool at Route 199 in Emerald (while looking for a Feebas. It was worth as much as a Feebas!)

Voltorb at Power Plant in FireRed

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
Shiny Drowzee in Silver or Crystal, Shiny Banette in Sapphire, Shiny Shellder in Soul Silver. Shellder was the only one that I knew what a Shiny was when I hatched it (wasn't even trying for a shiny).

- Shiny Zubat in Sapphire
- Shiny Golbat in Heart Gold

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I have encountered two by chance. A linoone in Sapphire (Orange) and a golbat in Diamond (Brownie).

I think I gave the linoone away. The golbat, I believe I still have.