• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who has beaten Red?

Who has beaten Red?

• Total voters
Cyril: I think I did, with a lv.79 Raichu, umbreon,Abrok,Ho-oh,Butterfree and Steelix.

Torpoleon

I have beaten him in Silver numerous times. My Silver Team is pretty high leveled!

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I lost pathetically the first time I faced him but ground him into the dirt every other time. I'm pretty sure my team was Typhlosion, Ampharos, Alakazam, Gyarados, Togetic and something else. Either Tyranitar, Ho-oh or Lugia. I only used Typhlosion and Ampharos in the actual battle, though.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Wow seams like lots of people beat red, and 2 dont know who he is? but seams like this thread has been doin good and people like it

Zeddokun

I beat him with a level 69 Feraligatr, a level 37 Shuckle, a level 42 Lugia, and a level 5 Togepi...

I don't know HOW, as their movesets all sucked...

Last edited:

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
I beat him using Pokemon that were at all between level 55 and 60. Except for Paras, which was at level 5. Seriously, he's a pushover if you can wear his Pokemon down. Especially Snorlax.

Narshen

Rocket Grunt
I always remember my Pokemon being at least 10 levels lower than his whenever I first battled him. He's not very hard at all. Feraligatr and Lugia were usually enough to do the job.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I beat him really easily. I forget my team, but none of them were higher than 55. Red was way to easy, if you had the type advantage you were pretty much guaranteed a win.

Defeated him mono grass with a lv55 Exeggutor and lv56 Meganium.
Took me 50 revives just to get a single turn on Charizard....still, nothing hard.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I beat him in Silver with a lv.100 Feraligatr and in Gold with a lv.100 Typhlosion. I wasn't into making teams back then since I was only 11.

Andy787

I can't remember my pokemons the time I fought him, it was so long ago (though I think I remember having a level 70 Ho oh).

Simple reason - when I first found Red, he obliterated me EASILY!! I remember always getting owned by him till I learned that I needed to train harder and equip myself with more items. Even with that I still couldn't beat him. And if it weren't for stalling for time, I'd still have difficulty beating him. Now? I possibly could beat him easily (since I've gotten more experience in pokemon games and know what moveset's to teach pokemons). But back then? Didin't stand a chance X_X

And his hardest with me was always his bloody Snorlax! Since I never thought of tatics, all it'd need to do is hit me with one good Body Slam and with a high chance of paralysis, I'd always be trying to get rid off the problem with Full Restores. The only way I'd be able to beat it is stalling for time to where it always used "Amnesia". His Espeon is also one of his hardest as well (thanks to it's high Special Attacking power & high speed). But SNorlax was 20x worse :x

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have, at least 30 times. He's very easy in the 2nd Gen as opposed to the 4th Gen. At least I think so.

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Espeon
Blastoise
Nidoking
Articuno
Typhlosion
Meganium

Polar Star

Huzzah!
I think my team was something like...

Espeon
Typhlosion
Articuno
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Gyarados*

My Espeon took out about half of Red's team by itself.

Scrible

Dude, I kicked everyone's *** with my lv100 Umbreon. I took out most of the elite four with it too ^^