• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who has the highest potential to beat Tobias' team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Having a team of Legendary Pokémons won't make him special right? Besides, Ash (who is often considered by many fans as a weak trainer) managed to beat his Darkrai (thought with very high difficulty) and almost with Latios.

So, who do you think are the trainers who has the potential to beat his entire team in a proper battle?

I think even Gary and Alain would lose.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Don't know rest of his lineup, but if they are all legendaries, I don't know if anybody outside E4/Champions/Brandon (with Golem Army) can defeat him. Still, some can give a fight:

End-DP Ash with a team of Charizard/Pikachu/Infernape/Sceptile/Snorlax and Glalie/Krookodile. Paul with a team of Torterra/Electivire/Drapion/Ursaring and any other two of his Pokemon. Tyson.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Ash, if he used his top six: Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, Infernape, Glalie/Heracross/Bulbasaur (for support)/Greninja (if Frogadier evolves) might be able to do it if he's on his game and battles smartly. Other than him, as stated before, Cynthia or an Elite 4 or other champion would likely be able to defeat him.

Vernikova

Champion
I don't like assuming teams for Trainer who have not displayed full teams, but I think it's fair to assume to that, if granting him a full team with Pokemon roughly equivalent, then the list of Trainers that can beat him are cut down to only Elite Four members and Champions.

Giovanni when he had Mewtwo may be able to do it, but it would be an outside chance. Brandon using his Regi and the three other Pokemon like Dusclops also has an outside chance. Maybe Palmer, but his Rhyperior put on a poor showing against Ash despite facing Cynthia with his Milotic.

Alain has no shot. His Mega Charizard X is strong, but its clearly his strongest Pokemon, and he can't take down an Elite Four member's strongest (assuming) Pokemon. Gary has no shot. Paul has no shot. Not Anabel. Not Ash.

If by his entire team, we use the Pokemon he has shown (Darkrai and Latios), Any Champion and any Elite Four member would do it. Ash (strongest team), Paul (strongest team), Brandon (with Regi), Palmer, Giovanni (with Mewtwo, and that's living off of hype) likely would. Noland (with Articuno) has a chance. Gary (Sinnoh) and Reggie also have chances. I think the weakest Trainer with a realistic chance to beat his two Pokemon would be Anabel. Alain also has a shot since he put up good fightsm but it would be very difficult in a 2v1.

Why? It took the strongest version of Pikachu to tie, a much stronger Sceptile to get a high-diff win after a host of Ash's other strong Pokemon (a stronger Swellow, stronger Torkoal--Heracross and Gible whom have type advantages) wore down Darkrai. There's no way Tyson has a shot against him.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Don't know rest of his lineup, but if they are all legendaries, I don't know if anybody outside E4/Champions/Brandon (with Golem Army) can defeat him. Still, some can give a fight:

End-DP Ash with a team of Charizard/Pikachu/Infernape/Sceptile/Snorlax and Glalie/Krookodile. Paul with a team of Torterra/Electivire/Drapion/Ursaring and any other two of his Pokemon. Tyson.

Pretty much this. Who's Tyson again BTW? XD

Navin

MALDREAD
Why? It took the strongest version of Pikachu to tie, a much stronger Sceptile to get a high-diff win after a host of Ash's other strong Pokemon (a stronger Swellow, stronger Torkoal--Heracross and Gible whom have type advantages) wore down Darkrai. There's no way Tyson has a shot against him.

Metagross and Puss in Boots were a very formidable duo for Hoenn League Pikachu to take down.

And that was definitely not a "stronger" Swellow. Been said many times already, but Swellow vs Latios was PIS against Ash, since historically, the bird no way gets beaten that easily. That was bad writing honestly.

Eh, Torkoal may have been a little bit stronger, but he definitely didn't perform to 'vs Registeel' standards that day against Tobias.

Only difference, I acknowledge, is Grovyle -> Sceptile. That being said, I think if Tyson had knowledge of that, he would have switched whom he sent out, although last battle might have been a virtual double KO or even an Ash victory. Remember this guy went on to grind out two more full battles to victory, and may have used the same roster like Ash did at the Hoenn League. If anything from this show, trainers at those later stages tend to be impressive. I also think Ash battled exceptionally well throughout the Hoenn League, and despite that, came short.

I don't think he would defeat Tobias of course, but I definitely think he would have give just as much of a fight as Ash or Paul would.

ShadowForce720

Metagross and Puss in Boots were a very formidable duo for Hoenn League Pikachu to take down.

And that was definitely not a "stronger" Swellow. Been said many times already, but Swellow vs Latios was PIS against Ash, since historically, the bird no way gets beaten that easily. That was bad writing honestly. Eh, Torkoal may have been a little bit stronger, but he definitely didn't perform to 'vs Registeel' standards that day against Tobias.

Only difference, I acknowledge, is Grovyle -> Sceptile. That being said, I think if Tyson had knowledge of that, he would have switched whom he sent out, although last battle might have been a virtual double KO or even an Ash victory. Remember this guy went on to grind out two more full battles to victory, and may have used the same roster like Ash did at the Hoenn League. If anything from this show, trainers at those later stages tend to be impressive. I also think Ash battled exceptionally well throughout the Hoenn League, and despite that, came short.

I don't think he would defeat Tobias of course, but I definitely think he would have give just as much of a fight as Ash or Paul would.

In regards to Swellow losing to Latios that wasn't bad writing. Swellow at one point tried to stop a Deoxys but wind up being unable to stop it. Really against non-legendarys sure it does good, however Swellow doesn't do as well against legendary pokemon. The reason why Swellow went down that fast to Latios was because Latios was that much stronger. It wasn't bad writing it's just that Swellow has a harder time with Legendaries.

To be honest if Tobais entire team is made up of legendaries and Ash had use his 6 strongest pokemon that he had at the time Ash probably still would have lost. Sure Charizard has been able to beat legendary pokemon but even then it was only fighting the legendary in a 1vs1 battle and even then it still wasn't an easy fight so if it were to face another legendary right after that it would probably lose. So basically at the time even if Ash used his 6 strongest pokemon he still would have lost to Tobais the only difference is that he may have taken a few more of Tobais pokemon down.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
No one.

He really wasn't written or designed to be someone who could be beat. Canonically, Ash was the only one to take a round off him in the entire region. I feel as though they made Tobias in response to Ash having his healthiest looking team to date. They made it so he'd lose, but lose in such a way that the fans cannot fault him since it was against a formidable opponent and impossible odds.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Only people atm I can see beating him are the Champions, Stronger E4s and maybe Brandon if he uses all 3 Regis.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Pretty much only the Elite 4, champions from the games like Cynthia, and maybe Brandon could handle him, unless someone like Oak turns out to be an old pro with a stong team. Oh, and Dr Yung could take him with his hacked mewtwo as well.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Mewtwo and his army of clone Pokémon. I rest my case.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Anyone with a full evolved Team with full stratetig counters for all of his pokemon. We don't know how strong he is as a trainer, but if his only strategic is spamming some random attacks, then he could struggle if his pokemon aren't able to defeat the Opponent with their moves. Like pokemon with Vital Spririt against Darkrai.

Navin

MALDREAD
In regards to Swellow losing to Latios that wasn't bad writing. Swellow at one point tried to stop a Deoxys but wind up being unable to stop it. Really against non-legendarys sure it does good, however Swellow doesn't do as well against legendary pokemon. The reason why Swellow went down that fast to Latios was because Latios was that much stronger. It wasn't bad writing it's just that Swellow has a harder time with Legendaries.

Top kek, you act as if there was a large sample size to base that assumption. Swellow managed to land an Aerial Ace on an extremely fast Pokemon, and only after was knocked to the ground. Then the battle couldn't continue because the air pressure caused the meteor to explode. A Pokemon is a Pokemon, and in literally every other battle throughout AG, Swellow is a juggernaut. Yes, that performance against Latios made no sense, and was god awful writing.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Pretty much only the Elite 4, champions from the games like Cynthia, and maybe Brandon could handle him, unless someone like Oak turns out to be an old pro with a stong team. Oh, and Dr Yung could take him with his hacked mewtwo as well.

You mean like a team that includes a Rotom, Dragonite and what should definitely be a Charizard by now?

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Mewtwo learns Aura Sphere, and one of its Megas is part-Fighting
Darkrai tanked a STAB Megahorn from what is essentially the perfect Pokemon to counter it in Heracross. And while the power gap between Mewtwo and Heracross is great, fact is Darkrai can take a hit. Plus its not like Tobias is just going to sit there and let Darkrai get hit. And the Mewtwo in question does not know Aura Sphere nor can it Mega Evolve. Newtwo can but we're not discussing Newtwo.
Though tbh I feel like Mewtwo would edge out Darkrai then be too fatigued from said fight to offer up any resistance to Latios. And from then on the clones get fodderized by Latios and whatever Tobias has left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.