• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who here has been a fan of the series since Kanto and is finally departing after all these years?

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
I was in 1st grade when I started watching the anime, finished grade school, graduated from college, graduated from medical school, and now am in residency as Ash’s journey is coming to an end.

It has been a nostalgic blast. AG and DP were my favorites, and XY drew me back into the show. A lot of enjoyable conversations with people in real life and online over the years.

I’ll stick around for the new series and see what it’s like. I think Riko/Liko has potential.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'll leave if the new series continues with the Ash anime's bad habits. As of right now its a clean slate, hopefully without pointless filler-like episodes, "comedic" evil group stalkers, and the female protagonist being a background tree while the male protagonist(s) get all the Pokemon and battles. If it can stay away from those then the new series will be way better than the Ash anime.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
I really don’t understand some Ash fans. Of course, I lost interest in Ash long ago so I don’t understand Ash fans at all, but it’s for the exact reason a lot of Ash fans say the only reason they’re still watching the anime for. You sticking around to watch the anime to watch Ash progress go nowhere? To see his personality be so flat & boring? To see him do the same thing for the billionth time? You’re saying your fine with him failing, as long as he stays as main character & promotes the games? Doesn’t really sound like you care for Ash imo. It’s not that I hate or even dislike Ash. I’m really just tired of Ash going nowhere with his goal & character stale because I used to be so invested in him when I was younger. We can see that by BW, a new character was needed instead of Ash, but sadly…

I watched starting from OS, but it sure as hell ain’t for Ash. He’s the character I’m least interested in each series starting DP, as at least other characters aren’t likely to be as stuck in a rut like Ash was & would usually give us a new personalities & backstories from them. I’m keeping my expectations low for how JN was written and Riko/Roy could just be Ash 2.0, but there is a part of me that is interested to see them FINALLY pull the plug for Ash & let new characters take hold of the MC spot.

Gingertail24

I really don’t understand some Ash fans. Of course, I lost interest in Ash long ago so I don’t understand Ash fans at all, but it’s for the exact reason a lot of Ash fans say the only reason they’re still watching the anime for. You sticking around to watch the anime to watch Ash progress go nowhere? To see his personality be so flat & boring? To see him do the same thing for the billionth time? You’re saying your fine with him failing, as long as he stays as main character & promotes the games? Doesn’t really sound like you care for Ash imo. It’s not that I hate or even dislike Ash. I’m really just tired of Ash going nowhere with his goal & character stale because I used to be so invested in him when I was younger. We can see that by BW, a new character was needed instead of Ash, but sadly…

I watched starting from OS, but it sure as hell ain’t for Ash. He’s the character I’m least interested in each series starting DP, as at least other characters aren’t likely to be as stuck in a rut like Ash was & would usually give us a new personalities & backstories from them. I’m keeping my expectations low for how JN was written and Riko/Roy could just be Ash 2.0, but there is a part of me that is interested to see them FINALLY pull the plug for Ash & let new characters take hold of the MC spot.
I understand how hard it is to let go a character you had for 25 years. Especially when said character is really important to your childhood

But man there has to be a limit. You really want to have the same issues arise again that many fans, even Ash fans, have been complaining about for years and year's. Another power scaling argument that would be 10x worst considering Ash is the world champion. Look at the corphish battle, that was a lower stake battle that still got people upset, now imagine Ash in another tournament.

Like it's clear the guy has run his course. Let him rest. I swear it's like these people want another Simpsons situation

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
well, I first watched back in 2006 when the CN in my country replayed OS soo where does that make me in the genwunner spectrum?

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I don't really see myself hopping off the anime train at this point. Sad to see Ash go, but new protagonists could bring in some great new opportunities. Not sure if I'll watch weekly, but will probably binge a batch of episodes at a time, which is how I've mostly watched the anime for the past decade or so anyways.

well, I first watched back in 2006 when the CN in my country replayed OS soo where does that make me in the genwunner spectrum?

You'd be surprised how many people got introduced to the anime through reruns of OS on Cartoon Network in the mid-2000s. I think you can be considered an honorary genwunner by association.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I'll have to see what the new show is like. There's a small chance it could actually be worth watching, and I'm looking forward to that potentially being the case. If not...well, it's not like Ash's journey was going in a particularly entertaining direction.

iraqmaster

I might actually get back to watching the Anime now that its a clean slate...

ZarudeSandstorm

Definitely leaving. I don't see any point of 25 year old adult watching anime for kids without any excuse now. At least up until this point I had 6 excuses: Ash, Pikachu, TR that I grew up with. Now I don't have any excuse so it's pretty cringe to watch it specially since we "have to" bond with new characters. Sorry but no, I value my time.

Gingertail24

Definitely leaving. I don't see any point of 25 year old adult watching anime for kids without any excuse now. At least up until this point I had 6 excuses: Ash, Pikachu, TR that I grew up with. Now I don't have any excuse so it's pretty cringe to watch it specially since we "have to" bond with new characters. Sorry but no, I value my time.
Why do you need an excuse to watch a cartoon? Why not just watch it because you want to....

Trey pokes

I'm watching because Pokémon is my favorite franchise and it's one of the few kids shows that continues to give me active reasons to season after season. In other words yes, I too look forward Liko and Roy and the post Ash Ketchum Era will unfold.