• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who here has been a fan of the series since Kanto and is finally departing after all these years?

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
There won't be any time-skip. No way, this would take place in it's own universe. Kinda refuse to believe that.
I mean the anime has been breaking a lot of traditions ever since XYZ I wouldn't be surprised if a timeskip happens in the end

Observer

Mostly watching
I've been with the anime since it was on UPN and I didn't even watch it on KidsWB until UPN replaced it with Disney OneTO!.

Honestly I was ready to call it a day before and during the XY series, but as you can see I'm still here. I mean I could have left ages ago and there were a crap ton of opportunities for me to do so, but I stayed with it all the way to now and not once did I leave. I put that on everything I hold near and dear to me.

Ash, he was pretty much the only reason I stayed, sorry not sorry for genuinely liking Ash and accepting him for he is flaws and all. Seriously over the last few years some of the people here make liking sound like a sin or one of the seven deadly sins, it's like a person who is cheating in a relationship and has serious projection issues. Yes I agree that are Ash fans who take it way too far, but that group doesn't represent all of us and you're all old enough to know better than that, I think.

Rant aside, I wanted to see how his story was going to end and now that it's almost over it'll be time for me to move on, don't get me wrong I will watch the one hour premiere of the new anime if it's really an hour like some people have said because it's my way of saying best wishes and truly hope it does well. I'm not someone who will come on here just to complain, dis, bash characters who don't truly deserve it, and constantly b itch about everything I think is wrong with it. What kind of sad and pathetic person would I have to be to spend several years doing something as counterproductive like that?

In the end it's my choice and I'm ready to see how things play out, and like I said before the new characters have my blessings and full support. As long as they're likable and well written then everything is in good hands.

One more thing, I'm not going to completely leave the anime until all of the remaining episodes are dubbed. I started with the dub and I'll end with the dub, because when it comes to that I'm a ride or die guy :cool:

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
kinda 50/50 right now. My first exposure to the Pokémon franchise is the OG anime. In fact I was more familiar with the anime than the games all those years. I did eventually stopped taking interest with the franchise after AG and didn't came back until XY. But even then, there are occasions where I lose interest with the anime, especially with XY&Z, rarely saw any episodes of SM and will only check every episodes in JN involving Ash's battles (bonus, the Serena and Dawn cameo episodes).

With that said, nothing so far is convincing me to keep watching the anime. I probably would if the new series will be a separate entity of its own, no tie-ins with the previous characters (yes, that includes Ash). Otherwise, I feel like I'm just going to stick with the games.

Pokeshipper_

Not gonna lie, it's the best moment to part ways from the anime since Ash is leaving and for me, because I grew up with Ash and the dub of the OG serie, it could be the best moment. But also I never missed an anime Pokémon episode, so I have mixed feelings. It's like a drug.

lanmanna

Started watching in 1st grade when it first premiered in syndication prior to Kids WB. I stopped watching every episode during Hoenn, but will still watch eps here and there (especially the premieres and finales). I would primarily just check in throughout the years to see what Pokemon the gang caught, evolved, etc.

I'll probably watch a couple eps of the new series, but that's it.

AJ97

Been watching the anime since 1997 when it first came out. Stuck through the entire series and only stopped watching for a while during Unova and Alola as at least for me personally, both were a significant downgrade from Sinnoh and Kalos.

I know there are mixed opinions around Journey's and the PWC format. Personally, I enjoyed the series on the whole primarily because of the sense of continuity which is something the anime rarely ever does. And as someone who has been watching the series for so long, any small hint or reference is very exciting to see.

I don't think I'll stick around to watch the new anime. Maybe it's cause of my age, regardless, I would've stuck around had the series switched to something more Adult theme like Pokemon Origins and Generations. However, it seems unlikely that's going to be the case based on the visual of the new series so far.

That said, if this series is set in the same universe as that of Ash's, I'd definitely stick around for a while to watch. However, it's pretty obvious that's not going to be the case. So I guess it's no more anime for me until I see something really cool on my YouTube recommendations that gets me interested in the new series.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I think I will be departing once Ash leaves (dubbed of course).

I remember watching the anime when it first aired in the Uk, I must have been 4 or 5 at the time, I was absolutely obsessed with it too! I remember I had a birthday party shortly after it started and my mum asked me what presents I wanted from my friends, I said only Pokémon! I remember not watching the first movie in the cinema because my mum thought I was too obsessed with it, but watched it when it came to my local community centre movie weekend that they held.

The anime holds the majority of my childhood memories, my dad was an abuser and that was quite hard, I missed out on a lot of things in my childhood, but Pokémon remained and it’s the thing that made me truly happy as a kid which is why I’ve stuck with it.

I remember finding out about the Orange Islands and Brock leaving, I wasn’t too bothered because I quite liked Tracey. But then I remember at the end finding out Brock was coming back and being very excited to have the original gang back. I remember an atmosphere of excitement at the time, new Pokémon and a new world, it was great, I think Johto Journeys started here before Gold and Silver came out (or we waited a few months before we bought them) as I remember being besotted with Ash’s Johto starters and wanting them in my game when I started and kept pressing B anytime one of them evolved.

I remember waking up Saturday mornings and watch the Kanto and Orange Islands days, then remember it swapping to Sunday mornings for the Johto saga. Unfortunately during this period, Pokemon’s popularity began to fade. I remember watching it when no one else would, however when we got to the end of Johto and Misty left, I didn’t want to watch, I hated that Ash was leaving his old Pokémon behind and Misty was leaving, and I gave up Pokémon briefly.

However I returned shortly after when RS had been out a little while, being a Pokémon fan at this time was frowned upon. However I began watching it again when I found out Misty was making a brief return. I would watch the odd episode now and again but wasn’t a weekly watcher. I remember watching several episodes though when FRLG were released as I managed to get a Pokémon Boom in my primary school again, loads of kids would come to me for advice or want to trade and battle with me, I was the Pokémon kid! During this time I watched episodes that interested me but used Serebii to keep up to date with what was happening in the anime. I wasn’t hugely fussed on Ash and Pikachu either, think because I got fed up of him ditching his Pokémon and over use of Pikachu during Johto that I was only partially interested in some episodes, like Misty return, Bulbasaur cameo episode, and of course the battle frontier to see older Pokémon shining.

But one of my favourite times was DP, I was mature enough to have an attitude that it didn’t matter what others thought, if I liked Pokémon and I enjoyed it, that’s what mattered, luckily I found a few people who were also fans, and we were able to play together. I wasn’t a huge fan of May and I hated the character of Max, especially as he seemed to take a lot of Brock’s role and stole Misty’s gag, but I heard from my brother that Ash was being replaced, so I was excited, I checked out the internet and saw pictures of Dawn and Piplup and was excited, I thought I’d give it a chance. I watched the first episode when I could, and was surprised to see Ash at the end, but I was invested at this point, then Brock returned too and I felt complete. I absolutely loved the DP anime, from its early days right to the end. I was completely invested in the character of Dawn, and the fact that my favourite (Brock) from the OS was there too, I spent every week watching new episodes on YouTube as it aired in America (we in the UK were further behind then US). I had a routine, I’d finish in work (I was dish washing in a pub) on a Saturday night, come home and sit in front of the computer and the new episode that week. I remember downloading episodes off YouTube too and adding them to my iPod and watching them on long journeys when going on holiday. The DP series was truly special to me, it was still able to hold on to a part of my childhood, but also it felt new and fresh. It was also during this time that i joined the forums, they were great times on here, spent most of my time arguing with Cybercubed on opinions over Dawn and Misty.

Of course though, after the DP series, the anime was never quite the same, I only ever watched certain episodes over the years that were of interest to me, such as a returning character or Pokémon or maybe the odd Ash battle.

And now here we are, Ash and Pikachu are leaving, and it feels sad, like the conclusion of my childhood, the new anime doesn’t look interesting to me at all, I miss the old format of travelling through a region and taking on gyms (some may say it’s stale) but I loved seeing the characters and Pokémon develop as the journey through the region and tackling the gym/contest. However the travelling across world format isn’t of interest to me, the characters look bland to me and I just generally am not interested, i will continue to love Pokemon and it will be a huge part of my life, I’ll continue with the games, but I think my time with the anime is coming to a natural
End and I am grateful for all of the memories and entertainment it has given me. I’ll miss Ash, Misty, Brock, Tracey and of course Dawn and their Pokémon, and hope that we will hear about them from time to time.

Observer

Mostly watching
I think I will be departing once Ash leaves (dubbed of course).

I remember watching the anime when it first aired in the Uk, I must have been 4 or 5 at the time, I was absolutely obsessed with it too! I remember I had a birthday party shortly after it started and my mum asked me what presents I wanted from my friends, I said only Pokémon! I remember not watching the first movie in the cinema because my mum thought I was too obsessed with it, but watched it when it came to my local community centre movie weekend that they held.

The anime holds the majority of my childhood memories, my dad was an abuser and that was quite hard, I missed out on a lot of things in my childhood, but Pokémon remained and it’s the thing that made me truly happy as a kid which is why I’ve stuck with it.

I remember finding out about the Orange Islands and Brock leaving, I wasn’t too bothered because I quite liked Tracey. But then I remember at the end finding out Brock was coming back and being very excited to have the original gang back. I remember an atmosphere of excitement at the time, new Pokémon and a new world, it was great, I think Johto Journeys started here before Gold and Silver came out (or we waited a few months before we bought them) as I remember being besotted with Ash’s Johto starters and wanting them in my game when I started and kept pressing B anytime one of them evolved.

I remember waking up Saturday mornings and watch the Kanto and Orange Islands days, then remember it swapping to Sunday mornings for the Johto saga. Unfortunately during this period, Pokemon’s popularity began to fade. I remember watching it when no one else would, however when we got to the end of Johto and Misty left, I didn’t want to watch, I hated that Ash was leaving his old Pokémon behind and Misty was leaving, and I gave up Pokémon briefly.

However I returned shortly after when RS had been out a little while, being a Pokémon fan at this time was frowned upon. However I began watching it again when I found out Misty was making a brief return. I would watch the odd episode now and again but wasn’t a weekly watcher. I remember watching several episodes though when FRLG were released as I managed to get a Pokémon Boom in my primary school again, loads of kids would come to me for advice or want to trade and battle with me, I was the Pokémon kid! During this time I watched episodes that interested me but used Serebii to keep up to date with what was happening in the anime. I wasn’t hugely fussed on Ash and Pikachu either, think because I got fed up of him ditching his Pokémon and over use of Pikachu during Johto that I was only partially interested in some episodes, like Misty return, Bulbasaur cameo episode, and of course the battle frontier to see older Pokémon shining.

But one of my favourite times was DP, I was mature enough to have an attitude that it didn’t matter what others thought, if I liked Pokémon and I enjoyed it, that’s what mattered, luckily I found a few people who were also fans, and we were able to play together. I wasn’t a huge fan of May and I hated the character of Max, especially as he seemed to take a lot of Brock’s role and stole Misty’s gag, but I heard from my brother that Ash was being replaced, so I was excited, I checked out the internet and saw pictures of Dawn and Piplup and was excited, I thought I’d give it a chance. I watched the first episode when I could, and was surprised to see Ash at the end, but I was invested at this point, then Brock returned too and I felt complete. I absolutely loved the DP anime, from its early days right to the end. I was completely invested in the character of Dawn, and the fact that my favourite (Brock) from the OS was there too, I spent every week watching new episodes on YouTube as it aired in America (we in the UK were further behind then US). I had a routine, I’d finish in work (I was dish washing in a pub) on a Saturday night, come home and sit in front of the computer and the new episode that week. I remember downloading episodes off YouTube too and adding them to my iPod and watching them on long journeys when going on holiday. The DP series was truly special to me, it was still able to hold on to a part of my childhood, but also it felt new and fresh. It was also during this time that i joined the forums, they were great times on here, spent most of my time arguing with Cybercubed on opinions over Dawn and Misty.

Of course though, after the DP series, the anime was never quite the same, I only ever watched certain episodes over the years that were of interest to me, such as a returning character or Pokémon or maybe the odd Ash battle.

And now here we are, Ash and Pikachu are leaving, and it feels sad, like the conclusion of my childhood, the new anime doesn’t look interesting to me at all, I miss the old format of travelling through a region and taking on gyms (some may say it’s stale) but I loved seeing the characters and Pokémon develop as the journey through the region and tackling the gym/contest. However the travelling across world format isn’t of interest to me, the characters look bland to me and I just generally am not interested, i will continue to love Pokemon and it will be a huge part of my life, I’ll continue with the games, but I think my time with the anime is coming to a natural
End and I am grateful for all of the memories and entertainment it has given me. I’ll miss Ash, Misty, Brock, Tracey and of course Dawn and their Pokémon, and hope that we will hear about them from time to time.

Same here as well, I started with the dub I end with the dub. I will admit when DP first aired it was like I was watching Pokemon for the first time all over again.

Kirschner36

I gotta say I have been in since 1998 and Scarlet and Violet along with the new anime are the first Pokémon products I haven’t and won’t check out, I think I’m ok with just replaying the original stuff at this point. Cool to see it still continuing and thriving but it’s just not for me.

Jibanyan

I have been watching since OS and don't feel sad at all about Ash leaving, I genuinely don't. I'm excited about the new anime, I wasn't at first but the more info we get, the better it looks.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
Always have been since it came over to Europe in 1999 and always will be. I might not know most episodes but Pokémon will for the rest of the life, especially the anime part with Ash, be one of two franchises that made me who I am and I want to be here when it ends. I just hope we will get to see Ash from time to time.

Last edited: