• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who here is a DEATH NOTE Fan?

Anzua2

No, Raito is a spelling weaboos like to call Light. The author has written Light's name in english as Light. His name in Japanese is Light, and idiots like you romanize it for some strange reason and call him Raito.

The moral to this story? Pronunciation and spelling have nothing to do with each other.

Luffy certainly doesn't sound like Luff-ii, does it?

Last edited:

Anzua2

The real way sounds so much more lame than the way it looks.

I'm not sure I understand your incoherent rambling. Are you suggesting that the pronunciation assumed by a reader of the manga is better than the actual pronunciation?

Boondocks

I'm not sure I understand your incoherent rambling. Are you suggesting that the pronunciation assumed by a reader of the manga is better than the actual pronunciation?

I dunno man, Luff-ii sounds to weird for me, when ever I read the manga I just read it as Luff-e, not a big deal or anything, just sounds better to me.

i think he saying that he prefer Lu-fii not Luff-ii.

Anzua2

I'm confused as all hell.

Luff-ii sounds to weird for me, when ever I read the manga I just read it as Luff-e, not a big deal or anything, just sounds better to me.

i think he saying that he prefer Lu-fii not Luff-ii.
Other way around, but yea...

I have no idea what's going on anymore. I think he's saying he prefers "Luff-E" over "Luff-ii" (which is the same pronunciation) and "Luff-ii" over "Lu-Fii" (The official name). I think.

Last edited:

Boondocks

I'm confused as all hell.

I have no idea what's going on anymore. I think he's saying he prefers "Luff-E" over "Luff-ii" (which is the same pronunciation) and "Luff-ii" over "Lu-Fii" (The official name). I think.

I miss-read your first post, my bad.

Rave

Banned

Biechae

ive heard of death note but never watched it...

Ronin_Cooper

The Magnificent
No, he wasn't. He was only the protagonist, as L/Mello/Near are the antagonists.

I meant how, in a way, he's both the hero and the villain, he's certainly one of the most sinister main characters that comes to mind, he just becomes so cold and ruthless, just awesomely evil. He's gotta' be one of the coolest characters ever.