• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Here Plays An Instrument?

FairGamer9215

I'm curious, oh forum goers. Do any of you play an instrument? If so, which one. Do you do it for school, or merely for a hobby? Do you enjoy playing it? Any interesting instrument-related stories? Do tell!

Myself, I've been playing guitar for about 6 months now, and I love it. My fingertips have all calloused over, and now I can literally poke a pin into them and feel nothing. Not sure if thats a good thing though. I love learning how to play some of my favorite songs. Its what drives me to keep playing, that and writing my own stuff.

Besides that, I used to play trumpet back in 5th grade. I quit that in a year. Hated it. No offense to trumpet players, of course.

SubLemonal

Isn't it SubLime?
I'm a percussionist, I've been playing since 6th grade and have made the All-Region band in our area each year. I've been memorizing this really cool 4 mallet marimba piece and can't wait to play it.

Takeo

Guitar and Drums for 4/5 years??

with like a 2/3 year break from both, i'm just getting into it again

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
I used to play the Bell Lyre in a profesional marching band (we've been on TV:D), but now play the Glockenspiel there instead.

At school i mainly play tuned percussion such as vibraphone, marimba and glockenspiel.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
*frantically jumps into air* ME! Me! I play clarinet in school (1st in Junior Band and 3rd in Senior. This, for a 6th grader, is a very large accomplishment.)
And guitar out of school. Private lessons. I'm playing the guitar solo to "Bohemian"

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
I used to play the Bell Lyre in a profesional marching band (we've been on TV:D), but now play the Glockenspiel there instead.

At school i mainly play tuned percussion such as vibraphone, marimba and glockenspiel.

Uhh, is that German? Anyway, I play the piano, have since i was 5/6 years old.

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
I play flute, private lessons. Although I'm learning to play the ukulele, which is a far more easy to play.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I'm pretty sure the number of instrument threads I've seen since signing up must be in double figures by now, they're usually in misc polls however.

I play guitar, and have done for 9/10 years. I'm not that great though, I got a bit lazy.
Recently started playing drums, and dabble with tin whistle/keyboard

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I can sort of play the Piano. I had no choice but to learn it when I was younger because my parents wanted me to, but I don't really play anymore.

Ruthra

I've played Clarinet for five years now - it started out as just a hobby but now I think I want to work on it and get even better, maybe become a music teacher :)

Anyway apart from that I can play very very simple tunes on the guitar,
I can play the fife
A little bit of flute (Haven't really started practising yet but I can do it)
And a bit of piano (This one's just a hobby)