• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Here Plays An Instrument?

Mochi10

MEWsic <3
Both me and my sister play the piano. I mostly focus on Classic music, but I'm trying to expand to pop or jazz. I've only been playing for about a year and a half, but I'm going on strong. ^^

Besides piano, I don't play any other instrument, but I took a violin lesson once but I wasn't really into it.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Currently first chair tenor sax in my school's wind ensemble, first chair in varsity jazz band, and first in JV jazz band. I've been practicing my jazz band music like a madman lately, mostly because in JV I have to play most of the written solo section for In The Mood.

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
I play piano a bit, but I think it'd be cool to learn to play flute.
Trust me, it's not fun at the beginning. Blowing into it until you feel like you are going to collapse is how you start. Luckily our band director got an awesome flutist to help us :)
I play flute and piano. I originally wanted to play alto sax or trombone, but my parents decided that a flute was more "feminine".

G50

No longer posting
I play Clarinet, Flute, Bass Clarinet, and Oboe above average.

I can play Trumpet, Trombone, Bassoon, Violin, Viola, Cello, String Bass, Piccolo, Piano, Snare Drum and Bass Drum to a point.

I'm planning on learning the remaining Brass and Woodwinds eventually.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I am currently a rookie at the bass guitar. Back in '08, I knew how to play the recorder, but that's away from me, now.

Celebii21

I play euphonium B.C(A.K.A Baritone). I can play 9/10 of the 12 mjr. scales and I'm first chair. Been doing it since last year. And, I am in Symphonic 2. For school schtuff.

go euphonium

Last edited:

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
I play saxophone (Tenor mainly, but I play bari for jazz and rarely alto). That's my main instrument.
I can also play the bass clarinet, which I took up because it's a badass instrument. I think it's sound is better than a lot of what comes out of the sax, but it's not as fun. I also can play the regular clarinet but don't as well as limited trumpet and piano.

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
Clarinet and piano. Not particularly good at piano. I've been told I have excellent tone when playing clarinet, but I generally suck at counting in anything that isn't 4/4 time, so that sort of puts a damper on things.

I'm in band, but my lack of talent doesn't really screw the band over seeing as nobody actually cares about the 3rd clarinet part anyway lol.

I was actually first chair for about a week in my sophomore year of high school, but my teacher demoted me when she found out that I have no leadership ability whatsoever.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I do Tenor Saxophone in my school band. I also do Baritone Saxophone, but my usual medium is the tenor. I can also play a little piano and took guitar lessons when I was eleven. Too bad I suck at both. -K

OokOokOok

Forum-lurker 4 UK!
DOUBLE BASS MASTER RACE REPORTING
Also bass guitar, and sort of kind of piano a bit. (also guitar and choral singing ahem)

Zach74

Haunters gonna haunt
I've played clarinet for the past seven years and it is the instrument I'm using as my primary as I major in music education. I also play the bass clarinet, contralto clarinet, oboe, bassoon, alto sax, tenor sax, trumpet, tuned mallet percussion, guitar, bass, piano, and some drums. Still a little shaky on the drums.

Murton

Once you were lost.
DOUBLE BASS MASTER RACE

I love how this rhymes.

Accordion. Purchased for novelty but now I've actually had to learn how to play it.

That's awesome. I was messing around with one of these when I was over at my friend's house, and I believe it's really hard to learn playing accordion.

Prok2

Anyone play a musical instrument?

Pretty much self explanatory. I play piano btw. I'm interested to know.