• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Here Thinks Dark Pokemon Deserve More?

B-MAN

I love the dark type thing is that they don't have enough good attacks. We need more heavy hitting dark attacks, at least over 100. Who else thinks this?

Drkecho

Retired
Well look at Bug type moves. Only 1 goes over 100 and that isn't even speread among many Pokemon

Drkecho

Retired
Also if you haven't noticed, Poison hasn't had an attack that goes to the 100's. Plus it only hits 1 type as Super Effective.

Cubed

You best believe it
Also if you haven't noticed, Poison hasn't had an attack that goes to the 100's. Plus it only hits 1 type as Super Effective.

Gunk Shot.

We don't need a 100+ Dark Attack. There are good mves already.

Azure Wolf

Many people consider Dark as a Main type like Rock, Fire, Grass and Water which is not true, Dark is minor type.
As for Bug, Poison and Ghost,etc they are usually referred as secondary types becuase of thier not-so-good designs and moves (Majority)

mekky_9892

I saw on a website before DP came out that Luxray was part dark. It should have been.

But I do agree that bug and poison are both dismissed as good types due to lack of powerful moves and types that are weak against them.

Articuno

Lugia's #1 Fan!
Attacks are TERRIBLY unbalanced.. lack of bug, steel, dark and poison moves make them very difficult to use. It's ashame, I was looking at Dusknoir and it can only learn one Ghost move that's actually puts it's high attack stat to any use, and that is Shadow punch...with a power of just 60?... And yet there's these massively damaging physical AND special moves for Fire, water, grass, electric etc..

And I agree about Luxray, would have liked it to have been dark too.

Swampfarmer

Floater of Jelly
The only Physical Water moves with any decent power are Waterfall and Aqua Tail. They need stronger Physical water moves...

They definitley need better bug moves. It wouldn't hurt to give Poison some better moves too...

Sphyxius

Dark is pretty much the only type that has no attack with bp over 100. I think the strongest Dark attacks cap out at what, 80 bp? thats pretty weak... yeah, Sucker Punch, Crunch, and Dark Pulse... doesn't get any better.

Dark is a minor type yeah but it could still use better attacks. A lot of Dark pokemon are notorious for having poor STAB moves. What, there can't be like a Dark Blast or a Shadow Flare or something thats like 120 or 150 bp for Dark Pokemon? seriously when was the last time you saw a Dark pokemon go sweeping with its STABs?

Dark pokes do need more love when it comes to attacks, I agree.