• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who in the Pokémon universe could you be friends with?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Almost literally anyone. With the only exception of the villains for all the obvious reasons.
Are you counting TRio as villains for this or not? Anyway, pretty much the same, except I'm also excluding that one.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Are you counting TRio as villains for this or not? Anyway, pretty much the same, except I'm also excluding that one.

I think they count as villains even they suck at it lol

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Goh, post-angst Alain, and maybe one of May/Dawn/Serena for me.

Although I think it'd be a lot of fun to be a friendly rival to Ash.

Edit: Post-development Trip as well.

Last edited:
Paul.

He is quiet, methodical and a lover of training. I am like him when it comes to intensive training, plus I have a close Reggie personality as "big brother".

He is likely to ignore me but in most cases we would be good friends and training partners.

Conway

They are the kind of strange but funny people that I usually get along with. He is also a strategist and we could both train sometimes

Gladio

He would definitely be my best friend, someone interested in training and being friendly sometimes.

Chigusa

My best friend participates in dance events, she is red tape in taekwondo and his favorite Pokémon are Sawk and Hitmontop. She also had problems with her father several years ago when she decided to be in these kinds of events where she had to dance.

I know there are many coincidences, but believe me, I'm not lying

Nanette

THIS GIRL IS FUN AS THE HELL
She had great potential. I would surely accompany her traveling Unova

Last edited:

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
If I was in the anime, who would I want to be friends with? I would want to be friends with Ash, Chloe, Serena and Brock and potentially have them as permanent traveling companions.

Ultra Beast Lover

Pretty much all of the travel companions, yes even Tracey, Iris, Cilan, and Go. Ash would be nice to. They're the ones who get to go on insane adventures, sure I'd almost die on some of them but we'd have plot armor so it'd be fine.

The gym leaders are another group of characters I could be friends with, I could teach them to band together when evil teams show up, help them train their Pokemon, help them catch new Pokemon, encourage Gym Leaders to not just give away their badges etc.,

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
On the Pokémon anime, who would I be friends with? This sounds fun! :D

Ash: Mainly because he's likeable and easy to be friends with. It would be quite entertaining sharing our experiences of our Pokémon adventures.

Brock: He always seems to have good advice in regards to Pokémon, caring for them and all that. It is also apparent that he cares quite a bit about his friends, a very valuable friend indeed.

The Team Rocket trio. I adore Jessie, James, and Meowth even though they can be a bit annoying. I would hangout, joke around with them, and maybe even help them steal "the twerp's" Pokémon risking getting blasted off lol. I might get a bit annoyed with Jessie and her personality though. And maybe annoyed too at Meowth. He talks too much.

Gary: He'd probably be someone that I didn't like or want to associate with at first, but would end up being friends. To me, he seems to only have a few close friends. That's how I am. I would definitely ask him a bunch of questions about Pokémon research, probably annoying him lol. (If I were in the Pokémon world, I'd be a Pokémon researcher). "Oh wow! You're a Pokémon researcher? So am I! What aspect of Pokémon research are you working on / are you interested in? Mine is friendship evolution! " And of course, I'd have to ask him about Umbreon.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
I want to be friends with Dawn, Serena, Cilan, Clemont.

Serena and Dawn because I just like their personality.

Cilan because I like people who know things but don't pride themselves on it. I would also like to have my Pokemon evaluated by him. (He he)

Clemont because I like people who take a more rational approach and use their brain at least.

I want to befriend Iris too as I am sometimes very lazy and an energetic person could compliment (fix) me.

Last edited:

Lacuna

Goodnight
This question's tricky cuz there's a big difference between who I want to be friends with and who I could really be friends with, lol. There's plenty of characters that I like but I don't think I'd ever actually be able to get along with them... Gary, for example. =P That said, if I was in the anime universe I think the people I'd most like to hang out with would be Misty, Gou, Casey, Ash, and Tracey.
  • Misty - She's cool! She can be hot-tempered sometimes but at the same time is still very caring, which I appreciate. We both like cute Pokémon, and some that others usually don't, like her love of Tentacool for example. I can't stand bugs, either... so I get it.

• Gou - I totally wanna hear all that he knows about Pokémon, I think we could hold a whole conversation just on random facts alone. I would probably at least try to fill my Pokédex too if I was a Trainer, so maybe I'd be more like a friendly rival instead.

• Casey - She seems really funny and confident, and I like how she collects such a specific kind of Pokémon too just because it's her favorite. I barely know anything about how baseball works, but I'd be more than willing to listen...

• Ash - Anyone who's that outgoing and enthusiastic is always welcome in my book. Plus he has so many awesome stories to tell! Would anyone NOT want to be friends with him??

• Tracey - We both draw all the time so I think it'd be neat to talk to him about that, of course. Besides that, he's a real nice person and knows a lot so I think it'd be good to have him as a friend.
Honorable mentions go to pretty much anyone else you could think of though, since basically everyone would at least be fun to talk to.