• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is/are your favorite Electric-type Pokémon?

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
Since I can't seem to find this dazzling question anywhere, I will be the one setting it up.

So, who is/are your favorite Pokémon among the Electric-type's breadth of choice?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Doing this by generation rather than by personal ranking:

• Gen 1: Raichu, Jolteon
  • Gen 2: Lanturn, Ampharos, Raikou
  • Gen 3: Manectric
  • Gen 4: Luxray, Magnezone
  • Gen 5: Zebstrika, Emolga, Zekrom
  • Gen 6: Dedenne
  • Gen 7: Tapu Koko, Zeraora
  • Gen 8: Boltund, Toxtricity, Morpeko

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...

Orphalesion

For the longest time I didn't have a favourite electric Pokemon. It's just not my favourite type
But then Gen 5 came along and gave me two lines :
1)Blitzle and Zebstrika (no joke even as a small child I wanted an electric typed zebra Pokemon! And I even drew it with the base form having straight stripes and the evolved form having lighting-shaped ones, so this was really a childhood wish come true)
2) Joltik and Galvantula (not only do I love the typing and concept, but they are sooo cute, especially Joltik)

And since then:
3) The Vikavolt line (more electric bugs!)
4)The Boltund line
5) The Toxtricity line

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Probably in general, Electabuzz. After that, I think the Magnemite line (especially Magneton -- imo it's a better pokemon than Magnezone just in general) and this is followed closely by Toxtricity, who turned out to be one of my favorite gen 8 mons.

Anyway, the only acceptable Pikachu is fat Pikachu.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Lanturn all the way. I first used Lanturn in a Heart Gold playthrough in 2012, after seeing a let's play on YouTube where the player defeated Lance's entire team using only Lanturn with Stockpile, Thunder and Blizzard (I tried that strategy myself, and it works!). I caught a female one and named her "Brightstar", and she never let me down. Years later in my first run of Sword, mainly because I wasn't exactly wowed by any of the new Water-types in Generation 8, I caught another female Lanturn and named her Brightstar again. She ended up being a real MVP in the initial run, and when the Crown Tundra came out I gave her Thunder Wave and had her as my main Legendary-catcher. It's Sword and Shield that have really cemented my love for Lanturn, and I've grown really attached to Brightstar, she's among one of the most beloved Pokemon I own.

For other Electric-types, I like Pikachu (generic answer I know), Joltik/Galvantula, Yamper/Boltund and Helioptile/Heliolisk. Also controversial opinion, but I do prefer the Alola Raichu over the standard Raichu.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Raichu is my absolute favorite Electric types. Both the normal one and Alolan form. Aside from it I also like:

Gen 1: Zapdos
Gen 2: entire Mareep line, Lanturn and Raikou
Gen 4: Pachirisu
Gen 5:. Thundurus
Gen 7: Tapu Koko, Vikavolt and Zeraora
Gen 8: Yamper, Boltund, Dracozolt, and Toxricity

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Raichu is my absolute favorite Electric types. Both the normal one and Alolan form. Aside from it I also like:

Gen 1: Zapdos
Gen 2: entire Mareep line, Lanturn and Raikou
Gen 4: Pachirisu
Gen 5:. Thundurus
Gen 7: Tapu Koko and Zeraora
Gen 8: Yamper, Boltund, and Toxricity

None from Gen 3? :confused:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
3. Arctozolt: Now this one may surprise a few people. I'll admit I wasn't a fan of the new Galarian fossils at first, but this one grew on me after I gave it a chance. I named mine "Sneezy" and I just can't help but love it. It design grew on me, yes even though it's silly, but I still love it. I guess giving it a nickname made me feel more attached haha.

I think the Galarian fossils are deliberately supposed to look silly, since they're based on the Crystal Palace dinosaurs, which were really just skeletons made out of bones from different dinosaur species just hastily thrown together to look like a complete fossil.

kamomesan

Son of Seiso
Rotom: My Gen 4 strategy guide only went up to the Elite 4, so I remember finding Rotom all on my own for my first playthrough. Since it was such a "secret" to me then, it was one of my childhood favorites.

Electrode: Probably Genwunner nostalgia. Used to hate them for Explode, but its become one of my favorite moves for being so dumb. Speed isn't bad either. LIke them much better than Voltorb despite being the same thing, but upside down.

Ampharos: I love when there's parts in the games that showcase non-legendaries. The little quest in Johto to heal Jasmine's Amphy is a cute touch that made the species memorable to me. The Ampharos line in general has fun designs and decent stats.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
LIke them much better than Voltorb despite being the same thing, but upside down.

That reminds me of a comic I saw once. I don't have the image itself, but this is a transcription:

1st Voltorb: *sleeping upside-down*
2nd Voltorb: "Holy jeez! Larry evolved!"
3rd Voltorb: "Nah, he just rolled over."

XD