• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is Ash's Best Ace?

Who is Ash's Best Ace?

• Pikachu

• Charizard

• Sceptile

• Infenape

• Krookodile

• Greninja

• Lycanroc

• Lucario

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Pikachu in major battles -
Vs Richie - Loser
Vs Tyson - Lose
Vs Brandon - Took out Regice
Vs Paul - Took out Aggron and Froslass
Vs Tobias - Single handedly taking down Latios
Vs Alain - Took down Tyranitar and Metagross
Vs Galdion - Took out his strongest pokemon and tied with Zoroark
Vs Kukui - Literally beat a deity.

While it was a weak rat at first, since AG it has performed where it matters more than most. His loyalty is unparalleled and he has consistently shown why he is Ash's most trusted pokemon (only Charizard comes close).

Pikachu in major battles -
Vs Richie - Loser
Vs Tyson - Lose
Vs Brandon - Took out Regice
Vs Paul - Took out Aggron and Froslass
Vs Tobias - Single handedly taking down Latios
Vs Alain - Took down Tyranitar and Metagross
Vs Galdion - Took out his strongest pokemon and tied with Zoroark
Vs Kukui - Literally beat a deity.

While it was a weak rat at first, since AG it has performed where it matters more than most. His loyalty is unparalleled and he has consistently shown why he is Ash's most trusted pokemon (only Charizard comes close).
Infernape defeated Paul’s Aggron

Sham

The Guardian of War
I have a soft spot for Lycanroc so him. Barring bias then it’s obviously Pikachu but does he even count as an “ace” since that’s already narratively implied?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Pikachu is the correct answer.
Favourite is definitely Infernape
In terms of Strength id say
Pikachu > M.Lucario(Me saying this based on assumption he will take down Cynthia's garchomp)>Ash-Greninja>Charizard>Infernape>Lycanroc/Incineroar>Sceptile>Krookodile
In terms of favourites and actual personality
Infernape>Charizard>Lycanrock>Pikachu>Incineroar>Greninja>Krookodile>Lucario>Sceptile

thinking that it seems that Ash will use a gimmick in every battle and Lucario seems that he will use the mega evolution in the final match, I think that Lucario will not fight against Cynthia

I think Dragonite will defeat mega garchomp and lucario will defeat charizard, so it will be Ash's most powerful Pokémon

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I voted Infernape because of all of his story but I didn't even notice Pikachu counted, he would be my vote
I really like Sceptile and Greninja too, even if the latter had to struggle TOO much to be able to show strength later. He was nearly a jobber sometimes and lost one of the most infamous matches of the anime

Last edited:
I voted Infernape because of all of his story but I didn't even notice Pikachu counted, he would be my vote
I really like Sceptile and Greninja too, even if the former had to struggle TOO much to be able to show strength later. He was nearly a jobber sometimes and lost one of the most infamous matches of the anime
The one where Ash got possessed lol?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I would say Greninja as that thing could potentially hard-carry Ash through most tournaments.. Mega Lucario definitely deserves a shout-out and there's no denying that Ash's Charizard could still hold its own between these powerhouses without even having a gimmick.

Sceptile, Lycanroc and Krookodile I rate as a notch below them..

But in my eyes, Infernape is the clear winner. No ace has been as dominant as Chimchar/Infernape after joining the squad in their original series.
- Fantina: Mismagius and Drifblim
- Byron: Bronzor and Steelix
- Candice: Snover and Abomasnow
- Volkner: Jolteon and Luxray
- Paul: Ursaring (LA) Aggron, Ninjask, Electivire (League).

As an ace, Infernape was so ridiculously dominant that it literally left SCRAPS for the rest of the team to fight over.

After Chimchar joined the team (gymbattles/LakeAcuityBattle/League):
- Pikachu had 3: Gyarados, Electivire and Froslass
- Staraptor had 5: Machoke, Meditite, Medicham, Weavile and Roserade.
- Torterra had 1: Sneasel.
- Buizel had 5: Lucario (tie), Quagsire, Floatzel, Gengar and Gastrodon.
- Gliscor had 2: Bastiodon and Drapion.
- Gible had 2: Shuckle and Dusclops.

Infernape: 12 (took out four aces).
The SIX other members: 18 (also four aces).

Infernape claimed 40% of the wins after joining the team. No other ace has been that dominant for the majority of a series. And it literally took over Hearthome City onwards 12 wins for Infernape vs. 12 for the rest of the team.

Infernape in terms of character. Pikachu in terms of character

Wait, how does this work? Who wins on character? Pikachu or Infernape?

I really like Sceptile and Greninja too, even if the latter had to struggle TOO much to be able to show strength later. He was nearly a jobber sometimes and lost one of the most infamous matches of the anime

When was Greninja ever close to being a 'jobber'? Won in the Rock-type gym, aced in the GRASS-type gym, won in the Psychic-gym and was the ace in the Ice-type gym when the form-issue was fixed.

The proceeded to beat a Mega Sceptile (which had a 4x resist as a Grass/Dragon-type and super-effective moves). Sure, it lost to MC-X.. but it doesn't have a track-record as a jobber at all.

I wanted to say latter(aka Greninja), sorry
Technically Sceptile did lose in a very infamous match though, but it wasn't the pokelantis king one but, of course, Tobias(and won epically before)

Most aces have an embarrasing defeat:
- Charizard having no will to fight Sparky and losing to Brandon's Dusclops.
- Sceptile losing to Brandon's Regirock though it wasn't his fault. Losing to Latios wasn't a big deal after beating Darkrai.
- Infernape: Yeah, nothing aside from that Acuity Lake blow-out.
- Krookodile: Nothing I can remember..
- Greninja: Lost to MC-X (hardly embarrasing though).
- Lycanroc/Incineroar: They didn't battle too much to ever get a flop really..
- Lucario: ... yeah...

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Infernape had the best/most satisfying character arc
Charizard has the most entertaining personality
Greninja is the coolest to watch in action
And Sceptile had the single coolest moment (Darkrai)

But as far as this poll goes I'll pick the frog because... look at my user title

I would say Greninja as that thing could potentially hard-carry Ash through most tournaments.. Mega Lucario definitely deserves a shout-out and there's no denying that Ash's Charizard could still hold its own between these powerhouses without even having a gimmick.

Sceptile, Lycanroc and Krookodile I rate as a notch below them..

But in my eyes, Infernape is the clear winner. No ace has been as dominant as Chimchar/Infernape after joining the squad in their original series.
- Fantina: Mismagius and Drifblim
- Byron: Bronzor and Steelix
- Candice: Snover and Abomasnow
- Volkner: Jolteon and Luxray
- Paul: Ursaring (LA) Aggron, Ninjask, Electivire (League).

As an ace, Infernape was so ridiculously dominant that it literally left SCRAPS for the rest of the team to fight over.

After Chimchar joined the team (gymbattles/LakeAcuityBattle/League):
- Pikachu had 3: Gyarados, Electivire and Froslass
- Staraptor had 5: Machoke, Meditite, Medicham, Weavile and Roserade.
- Torterra had 1: Sneasel.
- Buizel had 5: Lucario (tie), Quagsire, Floatzel, Gengar and Gastrodon.
- Gliscor had 2: Bastiodon and Drapion.
- Gible had 2: Shuckle and Dusclops.

Infernape: 12 (took out four aces).
The SIX other members: 18 (also four aces).

Infernape claimed 40% of the wins after joining the team. No other ace has been that dominant for the majority of a series. And it literally took over Hearthome City onwards 12 wins for Infernape vs. 12 for the rest of the team.

Wait, how does this work? Who wins on character? Pikachu or Infernape?

When was Greninja ever close to being a 'jobber'? Won in the Rock-type gym, aced in the GRASS-type gym, won in the Psychic-gym and was the ace in the Ice-type gym when the form-issue was fixed.

The proceeded to beat a Mega Sceptile (which had a 4x resist as a Grass/Dragon-type and super-effective moves). Sure, it lost to MC-X.. but it doesn't have a track-record as a jobber at all.

Most aces have an embarrasing defeat:
- Charizard having no will to fight Sparky and losing to Brandon's Dusclops.
- Sceptile losing to Brandon's Regirock though it wasn't his fault. Losing to Latios wasn't a big deal after beating Darkrai.
- Infernape: Yeah, nothing aside from that Acuity Lake blow-out.
- Krookodile: Nothing I can remember..
- Greninja: Lost to MC-X (hardly embarrasing though).
- Lycanroc/Incineroar: They didn't battle too much to ever get a flop really..
- Lucario: ... yeah...
Loosing in the finals of the league to an opponent you should of beaten is super embarrassing

tsunamimijumaru

I voted Infernape because he's got the biggest story arc and like someone said he was very dominant however, I love them all tbh. Krookodile did get done kinda dirty because he was sharing a rotation spot with like 5 other mons. Also, I feel like even though Lycanroc won Ash a league he gets overshadowed by Incineroar just because he beat Kukui's but can I just add that Lycanroc was the first to do damage to it and Torracat had to absorb a whole Blast Burn for his attacks to do anything.

Charizard and Sceptile are beasts and it's a shame they haven't done anything significant since BF & Sinnoh League.

Greninja has some of the most entertaining fights in the series although I will say it kinda sucks how he was less expressive once he evolved. Give this guy Night Slash and honestly hate how he gets clowned on for losing the Kalos League. Charizard lost Ash two leagues. Instead of an Alain rematch they should have had Greninja come back to beat Steven or just give him a win against a legendary.

If the writing in Journeys was better handled because we all know how iffy this series can be I feel like Lucario would get some more love. Kinda sucks how they gave him the usual stoic Lucario personality but he's a gotten a bit more expressive over time I guess. Either way I enjoy seeing him on screen and I feel like he'd receive more positive attention if the writing was better.

MegaSalamence05

It's all subjective because we're talking different eras. It's like the same argument of who's better between LeBron James and Michael Jordan.

Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Krookodile, Greninja, Lycanroc-Dusk, Incineroar, and finally Mega Lucario.

As Locormus indicated based on numbers its Infernape, based on feats its Pikachu, based on at the time they're in Charizard, based on the championship its the quartet of Pikachu, Charizard, Lycanroc-Dusk, and Incineroar (Orange Islands literally has a Hall of Fame and the Alola league), Sceptile beat an undefeated Darkrai with assistance but how much health was restored from Dream Eater is undetermined, (Gible and Heracross deserve some credit for this victory).

Ash Greninja is the Pokemon that's in a league of its own because of how many stars aligned for it to happen and couple that with how rare this thing is that's on tap with a Pokemon that Ash owns, and that's a Mythical Pokemon in that same fashion that Ash owns Melmetal. (Ash's Melmetal should've debuted so much sooner than it was. but that's a topic for a different day). As I still view Ash's Melmetal one of his strongest Pokemon and no one can change my mind regardless of how few battles we saw Melmetal participated in, (The battle between Gladion's Silvally and Ash's Melmetal is extremely tough considering Silvally is a fully trained Legendary Pokemon and it is it's first official Pokemon battle as Melmetal.

Mega Lucario is different because of the limitations that we've seen on this species. It reminds me so much of Movie 8 Lucario its just uncanny. It's stronger than Kukui's, Korrina's, Cameron's, and Riley's. The only Lucario that I feel is comparable is Gurkinn's Lucario.

It's all subjective because we're talking different eras. It's like the same argument of who's better between LeBron James and Michael Jordan.

Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Krookodile, Greninja, Lycanroc-Dusk, Incineroar, and finally Mega Lucario.

As Locormus indicated based on numbers its Infernape, based on feats its Pikachu, based on at the time they're in Charizard, based on the championship its the quartet of Pikachu, Charizard, Lycanroc-Dusk, and Incineroar (Orange Islands literally has a Hall of Fame and the Alola league), Sceptile beat an undefeated Darkrai with assistance but how much health was restored from Dream Eater is undetermined, (Gible and Heracross deserve some credit for this victory).

Ash Greninja is the Pokemon that's in a league of its own because of how many stars aligned for it to happen and couple that with how rare this thing is that's on tap with a Pokemon that Ash owns, and that's a Mythical Pokemon in that same fashion that Ash owns Melmetal. (Ash's Melmetal should've debuted so much sooner than it was. but that's a topic for a different day). As I still view Ash's Melmetal one of his strongest Pokemon and no one can change my mind regardless of how few battles we saw Melmetal participated in, (The battle between Gladion's Silvally and Ash's Melmetal is extremely tough considering Silvally is a fully trained Legendary Pokemon and it is it's first official Pokemon battle.

Mega Lucario is different because of the limitations that we've seen on this species. It reminds me so much of Movie 8 Lucario its just uncanny. It's stronger than Kukui's, Korrina's, Cameron's, and Riley's. The only Lucario that I feel is comparable is Gurkinn's Lucario.
So Ash-Greninja is the best because it’s rare.
Ok why isn’t it unbeatable then?

MegaSalamence05

So Ash-Greninja is the best because it’s rare.
Ok why isn’t it unbeatable then?
It was unbeatable. But the writing forced it not to be. Like I stated it's all subjective. Is it my fault that Ash's Greninja ran into an opponent that narratively it wasn't to beat. Like in hindsight if Ash's Greninja swept Alain up until Charizard would that make for good television. I don't think so.

Like for me if Ash's Greninja was put up in the same situation that Alain's Charizard was in. 10 straight Mega's with limited healing coupled with being the first Canonical trainer to beat an Elite 4 member that's not a Champion we'd have a different discussion. But its not. That's the whole reason why Ash Greninja even exists is to give Alain's Charizard a Pokemon that is on equal footing. Which is why Alain's Charizard even exists is because it brings up the question on what do I do to defeat this thing. It was limited on writing because narratively Ash's Greninja based on type advantage Water was weaker because of the Dragon typing of Mega Charizard X which had a super effective move in Thunder Punch, which limits Greninja's effectiveness in battle. That's the whole purpose of showing that in Greninja's return is that its base form needed a vast improvement, which in my opinion it got because it pigeon holed itself. That's why I knock Ash's Infernape because no one can tell me that Blaze wasn't used in the same crutch as the Battle Bond ability for Greninja. But even then don't get me started on Ash's Greninja's release.

Like I said it's all subjective

Last edited: