• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is Ash's best (human) friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulu likes pepsi

I think number one is easily Brock. He traveled with Ash in 4 regions, understands him very well and had a long-term character development from the beginning until DP.

Number 2 is where it gets tough. I want to say Goh, but fans kind of hate him and Dawn and Serena definitely give him a run for his money

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Dawn

Brock because Serena is his future wife and more than a friend (otherwise she would be number 1)
Number 2 would be Dawn

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Gary!

(I wanted to say someone different since the go to is Brock or Dawn.)

AJ97

Brock and Misty.

I would argue these two are likely the ones with the Deepest bonds with Ash as they've both seen him at his worst and also at his best.
I'm sure this comment will get a lot of hate from the Serena shippers lol (Due to the addition of Misty). However, the simple fact is; in all of the later regions, Primarily from Hoenn; Ash was a fairly competent and experienced trainer and mostly the one supporting and bringing up his companions versus the other way around.

Last edited:

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
FINALLY SOMEONE BASED
I was being sarcastic.

If I was being serious, I'd say Serena is neither Ash's close friend nor his romantic interest.

She's not really particularly close to him compared to Ash's other male and female friends, and on a romantic scale, she's not anywhere close to Ash because Ash isn't close to anyone on a romantic scale (romance does not interest him).

AJ97

she's not anywhere close to Ash because Ash isn't close to anyone on a romantic scale (romance does not interest him).
I beg to differ.
People tend to forget Amourshipping was onesided
Ash only ever treated Serena as a friend, and even then that treatment wasnt really special to what he did for his other companions
I do remember Ash displaying jealousy back in the Orange Island episodes when Misty was fawning over Danny. Frankly don't care about the shipping debate nonsense, but as you said Amourshipping has always been onesided.

Status
Not open for further replies.