• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is better for frontier battles: Espeon or Umbreon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto B1tch

I want to include one of them in my team, but I need the one that we'll have a better perfomrnace in battles of frontier towers of HG/SS. Should then I evolve my Eevee into Umbreon or Espeon?

TwitchyAssTaillow

All I can tell you this this from experience with Umbreon. He's not really the greatest in the offensive department but he does serve as a pretty good defensive saboteur.. I have an Umbreon with Toxic, Curse, Payback, and Moonlight. I also considered Dig, Protect, Moonlight, and Toxic, w/ Leftovers as more of a tanking method. When I used these movesets, things tend to go in a positive way for me in the last few battles I had... but I can't really vouch for the HG/SS Battle Frontier since I use Umbreon in the PWT in B2.

Ditto B1tch

Well maybe if you post the Team we can help you >.>

It is not to cover weakness, so it doesn't matter much I think. I want to know which of them have a better performance against all the possible Pokemons I'll face in the frontier battles. Anyways, my current trio is Kingdra, Arcanine and Feraligatr. I will replace Feraligatr with one of them.

All I can tell you this this from experience with Umbreon. He's not really the greatest in the offensive department but he does serve as a pretty good defensive saboteur.. I have an Umbreon with Toxic, Curse, Payback, and Moonlight. I also considered Dig, Protect, Moonlight, and Toxic, w/ Leftovers as more of a tanking method. When I used these movesets, things tend to go in a positive way for me in the last few battles I had... but I can't really vouch for the HG/SS Battle Frontier since I use Umbreon in the PWT in B2.

Nice moves, dude. One point for Umbreon, so.

If you want to annoy your opponents, then going with Umbreon is a good choice. Though I don't think you could annoy your opponents in-game. xD But, if your battle style is basically kill kill kill, then Espeon is your best bet.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
It's against the Rules to do this , so this should be closed.

But Umbreon fits in better , you need more of a Defensive mon.

Ditto B1tch

If you want to annoy your opponents, then going with Umbreon is a good choice. Though I don't think you could annoy your opponents in-game. xD But, if your battle style is basically kill kill kill, then Espeon is your best bet.

Humm, yes, maybe kill kill is the most appropriate strategy in frontier battles. One point to Espeon, now. =p

It's against the Rules to do this , so this should be closed.

But Umbreon fits in better , you need more of a Defensive mon.

I didn't know any other better section to post this. Also, it is sill RMT as I am asking for help with my team.

Last edited:

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
If you want to go sp.atk sweeper choose espeon beacause it has nice speed and a strong sp.atk. But if you want a battle where your pokemon can stay in there and gradually lower your opponent's pokemon's hp choose Umbreon. Either of them are good just choose one that best fits you.

Ditto B1tch

If you want to go sp.atk sweeper choose espeon beacause it has nice speed and a strong sp.atk. But if you want a battle where your pokemon can stay in there and gradually lower your opponent's pokemon's hp choose Umbreon. Either of them are good just choose one that best fits you.

I don't want go on sp attack nor on annoy foes, I want go on the one that matches best the standard Pokemons of frontier battles.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
This isn't the first time you've done this. I think you should read this cool thing called "Rules".

Pokepolls >.>

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
I would say Umbreon. Use him for a wall sort of thing. I'm not familiar with all those fancy battling (competitive) but I hear he has amazing deffense and can practically withstand any attack with the write EV training.

Status
Not open for further replies.