• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is better, Groudon or Kyogre?

Groudon or Kyogre

• Groudon

Votes: 37 33.9%
  • Kyogre

Votes: 72 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
Pick your favorite, and tell why.

mr.tyranitar

THE Trainer...
I like my Kyogre because it was the 1st one i caught in my ruby as a legendary from the 3rd gen pokemon..and it helped me get through E4.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Kyogre :D

I really like Groudon, but Kyogre's just elegantly awesome and beastly powerful at the same time. It owns =P

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
Kyogre, because Groudon is ground and for that messes with the Fire vs. Water thingy, and in something as simple as pokémon I can't stand something like that.

striker

I AM THAT IS
I always prefered Team Magma, and expanding the land made more sense, and Sunny Day SolarBeam = revolutionary. So im with Groundon.

Kyogre is just another one of the 100s of water types...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Who is better how? Better in battles, better in Contests, better in overall creative design? In battle, I'd have to go with Kyogre since it's a Water type and is naturally strong against Groudon. Even if Groudon has Solar Beam that doesn't need to be charged, I still think Kyogre wins in speed and could KO Groudon before it makes it's move. In Contests, I've tried both and Kyogre still came out on top. In overall design, I think it's a near tie since Groudon looks cool but it's a bit scary-looking and although Kyogre's design is cool, I don't like that it's based on an orca/leviathan since it isn't something you'd commonly see on land :S

annabelletheraikou

Kyogre for me. I caught it in Sapphire and it has helped me out a lot in battles. Although I do like Groudon too.

Last edited:

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Red is my color, but Sapphire is my birth stone, plus I like sea monsters a tad bit more and Kyogre does beat Groundon, Water weakens ground no way around that.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Kyogre. I'm a water type trainer so of course I'd vote for the water type. Plus water beats ground. Kyogre also has the better design.

Sprintking

Obviously Kyogre beats Groudon one on one, but there are other things to consider. I'm a Ruby guy and I'm giving my vote to the underdog.

Ludicepop!

I live in hoenn.
Kyogre. Sapphire was my first pokemon game and Kyogre is my favorite pokemon.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I chose Kyogre. I really love giant whales and seeing that this one can flood the earth makes it that much cooler.