• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is better, Groudon or Kyogre?

Groudon or Kyogre

• Groudon

Votes: 37 33.9%
  • Kyogre

Votes: 72 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chimmy Timmy

Prometheus Brown
Kygore all the way because on a one on one kygore has a better chance of killing groudon the the opposite, because even in the sun kygore may be able to 0HKO groudon with ice beam depending on groudons spread of course and in the rain well...kygore would one hit ko groudon silly with surf or hydro pump. And anyways the rain is 10 times more effective then the sun also because kygore gets double stab

Serebii!

Well Kyogre could easily beat Groudon with but I like Groudon I had one in Ruby and it was heaps good, I have only just gotten a Kyogre in Heart Gold and have yet to use it

Chimmy Timmy

Prometheus Brown
Well Kyogre could easily beat Groudon with but I like Groudon I had one in Ruby and it was heaps good, I have only just gotten a Kyogre in Heart Gold and have yet to use it
you should it really does well and great lead to an ubers team

Forexal

Well it depends on the EV's you use and moves or what you use it for.

But I had a groudon before a kyogre, I love the look of the groudon and the base stats are better in my opinion to kyogres.

DamienGoldfish

<--Shiny Ono is Epic
Even though I had Ruby first, I prefer Kyogre.
I just like the way it looks more, and I think it looks good when it glows Red.

Arbok

aka Arbok
I really like them both, they are the best Legendaries in my opinion. I especially love their abilities.

But if I have to choose, I'd choose Kyogre. I always learned it Surf/Ice Beam/Thunder/? when I was younger. Thunder will always hit in the rain... That's just great.

Tryptamine420

MindF**k Trainer
I voted groudon mainly because it was easier for me to level up right after i got it just going through the elite 4 (kyogre either ran out of pp or fainted alot more)

Dragon Master Cody

VGC champion
Everyone likes the look of Groudon better but Kyogre has a better movset and ability. Groudon-sun-fire punch. Kyogre-rain-surf,muddy water and hydro pump and Water Spout.

TerraWolf

Banned
Kyogre has Type advantage over Groudon and a better movepool. Although Groudon has one turn Solarbeam and Kyogre has 100% accurate Thunder, Kyogre can destroy Groudon with Water Spout.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Uh Groudon can use Solarbeam and total Kyogre but then Kyogre can use hydro pump.

Zerostorm

kyogre has the type advantage but with solarbeam groudon can be devestating to kyogre so i have to say they are both equal

Dr. Empoleon

Steel Type Champion
Kyogre all the way. Giant Whales Rock!

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
Groudon. Both are pretty much the same, but I don't like double edge with Kyogre, so...GROUDON! I CHOOSE THEE!

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Kyogre, because if Groudon and Kyogre did have a battle of land vs water, how do we know who was beating the other badly, I do believe the large amounts of water in Hoenn shows Kyogre was ahead.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Kyogre would probably beat Groudon in a one-on-one fight. I like them both equally though.