• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is better? Richie or Max?

Max or Richie? Who's better?

• Richie

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Max

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AdvancedGenGenesect

So while these two might have their own problems, in my opinion, the role that Richie played after the Kanto league was much better than anything max has done in AG.

Richie helped save a baby lugia from the whole TR organisation, while fighting a Robot Zapdos and that is much better than anything max has done.
While max has an ok to sometimes annoying character, he wasn't necessary, and the anime could've done well without him.

But anyways this poll is to decide which of these characters is better overall.

DatsRight

Ritchie was more of an active character, but his personality was kind of dull.

Max was kinda superfluous but I did find his personality funny sometimes. He was like the Pokemon equivalent of Steve Smith. :p

GiddyupGal

smarter than i usually act
nothing ritchie gets blamed for was actually his fault it was the ref and team rocket and the league being seriously un-understanding of the predicament ash was in

max is an annoying younger brother so i might be a bit biased in disliking him but i'm still going to vote against him

MattySadler

Ritchie was bland but he actually had Pokemon.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ritchie by far. He was similar to Ash in some ways but hey, he was a capable trainer and wasn't annoying the audience. Also, some of his scenes were pretty cool. Max on the other hand, had one episode/movie where he starred but he didn't really do anything worth noting as opposed to Bonnie. Ritchie had more Pokémon than just Sparky and the battles between him and Ash were pretty great.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Seeing as Masato received much more development compared to Hiroshi, I'd say him. He wasn't a trainer of course, but to me he was more interesting than Hiroshi was (even though I'm extremely fond of Hiroshi's seiyuu).

gentwoer

Tough one. Ritchie is an uninspired lazy Ash clone and it's distracting that his voice is Mokuba Kaiba from YU-GI-OH (even if that's retroactive recognition)

but I want to put Max feet first into a wood chipper.