• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is in your opinion the best female character in Pokemon anime?

DatsRight

Well for once it was nice to see Ash acting like that because he is always the nice guy and everyone can have a bad day. It is the same reason I don't dislike JN030 as other people does.
I think the general downside to Serena is that we don't really see a lot of her really in depth friendships.

Like they kinda use that moment to lampshade it, whether Serena is used to only idolising Ash as this flawless figurehead and she acknowledges that, but they never really answer that question, she never really bonds with Ash intrinsically enough afterwards to show she can accept him warts and all. Not to say she shouldn't be allowed to lose her temper or call him out, but ONE argument was enough for her to question whether they even had a real bond all that time.

Lillie I think also looks up to Ash but understands him more as a full person with actual flaws. See the AF arc where he's acting rather inconsiderate and while he keeps catching himself on that, Lillie knows not to take it personally, or the Rotomdex fake out leave where Lillie empathises with Ash's frustrations. She also has several bonds with other characters who are again pretty complex.

It's more creditable to list a character as empathetic when doing so isn't always easy.

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
1. Dawn
Worked harder and struggled more than anyone.
Great character and goal development, awesome Pokemon team as well. Almost achieved her goal, she was robbed, because why not to have Zoe beat her a 3rd time. She is the most balanced out of all.
2.Chloe
She is not even a main character and the amount of character development that she has gotten is just incredible. Even when the scheme of Pokegirls owning Eevee's have become boring and uninteresting Chloe's Eevee focused episodes were enjoyable and fun. Chloe also got tons of character development. She became nicer and isn't as cynical as she used to be in the beginning of Journeys.
3.May
She really had a wonderful character development, her team is so damn OP. Goal wise she was OK. Could've been better.
4.Serena
Without a doubt Serena had the best character development, even in her return episode in Journeys. Took her a long time to decide on a goal and her goal development arc was rushed as heck plus Showcases did not feel that it required that much of an effort. At least Serena tried and is still trying!
5.Iris.
Iris got a a very decent amount of spotlight in BW dedicated to her goal of becoming a Dragon Master. I would definitely say she progressed as a Dragon Master through BW. It is also amazing that she came back as a champion. My only issue with her is that I don't personally feel her personality changed that much.
6.Lillie
Loveable girl.
Overcame her fears and found her father.
She doesn't rank higher for me because her issues were resolved a way too fast.
7.Lana
At least she fully evolved her main Pokemon on screen and achieved that weird goal of hers.
8. Misty
Ugh Misty isn't the worst because Mallow exists.
Undeveloped character in all senses and she had the longest amount of episodes.
9.Mallow
Mallow did nothing. She has likeable personality but that's all.

Sham

The Guardian of War
EfGxwfHU8AA-LPM
I think another reason I find Iris a good character is because it was nice having her go from being an outsider and depressed from not fitting while traveling alone to finding friends who truly accept her as she is and eventually being a beloved Champion and the strongest in the world.

Kinda like a “things get better thing”

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I wanted to add Meloetta. She’s the only girl that got me to jump up and practice a dance tirelessly.
It might mean botting or other ways of influencing the poll. So i don‘t consider it the most trustworthy of polls. My first reply was to a post saying last year was more accurate and there was fraud for this year, when both years are pretty sus tbh.
Trump vs Biden 2020 Pokémon edition. And I’m holding on to my opinion of Dawn being the most popular.

Exactly why Dawn was smart enough to not try bothering Ash back in DP when he got that overwhelmingly big loss against Paul.
Don’t forget she was ready to throw hands with Paul back when he forgot her existence

… and yet, she’s really good with communication. She got Paul to open up to her when she was sneaking up on him, she thought thoroughly about Pachirisu when she went onto release her until she made up her own decision to stay with Dawn, and gets along well with many of Ash’s friends with varying personality traits (Iris, Koharu, May, Brock, Cilan, eventually Go.) It’s no mystery on why she’s the most reoccurring traveling companion.

Serena is my first or second favorite pokegirl and I think she is the best because I identify a lot with her development, At that time in my life I was also going through something similar, had to choose my professional career and although will not give details I can say that this fictional character helped me choose, Amourshipping is a sweet and simple addition, shes the best.

If I had to make a small personal ranking of 3-4 pokegirls, this is :

Misty ≥ Serena > Dawn > Iris

Last edited:

KukuiFanatic501

I wanted to add Meloetta. She’s the only girl that got me to jump up and practice a dance tirelessly.

Trump vs Biden 2020 Pokémon edition. And I’m holding on to my opinion of Dawn being the most popular.

Don’t forget she was ready to throw hands with Paul back when he forgot her existence

… and yet, she’s really good with communication. She got Paul to open up to her when she was sneaking up on him, she thought thoroughly about Pachirisu when she went onto release her until she made up her own decision to stay with Dawn, and gets along well with many of Ash’s friends with varying personality traits (Iris, Koharu, May, Brock, Cilan, eventually Go.) It’s no mystery on why she’s the most reoccurring traveling companion.
I always laugh so hard when Paul basically roasted her at first with forgetting her lmao.

But yup. Dawns wholesomeness is always a pleasure!