• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is in your opinion the best female character in Pokemon anime?

BlueDragonfangirl

Man, just looking at the poll, poor mallow. She had a lot of potential
Poor Mallow? Look at poor Iris, it’s been years since BW series aired and she’s slightly above Bonnie in the polls, ouch.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Poor Mallow? Look at poor Iris, it’s been years since BW series aired and she’s slightly above Bonnie in the polls, ouch.
Where is the results? Is it recent?

Chano

Jessie is my favorite. Her personality, her relationship with James, Meowth and all her Pokémon, episodes focused on her are always great too. I was so in love with her when I was a kid...

janejane6178

Jessie is my favorite. Her personality, her relationship with James, Meowth and all her Pokémon, episodes focused on her are always great too. I was so in love with her when I was a kid...
She is wonderful

BlueDragonfangirl

Where is the results? Is it recent?
I thought the link was posted already in this thread? Yes, it’s recent.

Serena won by a landslide, last year I guess it was pretty close between her and Dawn.

Dead last is Bonnie, followed by Iris than Chloe.

Gotta feel bad for Chloe too, she’s the supposed new lead girl, doesn’t help that we have no idea where her character is going and she doesn’t appear as much. Not to mention she had a pretty cold beginning with Ash.

janejane6178

I thought the link was posted already in this thread? Yes, it’s recent.

Serena won by a landslide, last year I guess it was pretty close between her and Dawn.

Dead last is Bonnie, followed by Iris than Chloe.

Gotta feel bad for Chloe too, she’s the supposed new lead girl, doesn’t help that we have no idea where her character is going and she doesn’t appear as much. Not to mention she had a pretty cold beginning with Ash.
I dont think she is a lead girl...... She barely appears and barely does something once she does....She feels more like a supporting character
LOL just saw the poll. The blue sm girl has more votes than IRIS? LOLLL. Poor Iris she deserves better

BlueDragonfangirl

I dont think she is a lead girl...... She barely appears and barely does something once she does....She feels more like a supporting character
LOL just saw the poll. The blue sm girl has more votes than IRIS? LOLLL. Poor Iris she deserves better
Yah, that’s why I said supposed new lead girl character, they don’t treat her like one :(

Yah, all the Sun and Moon girls including Mallow who was the less developed had more.

It is interesting to watch the polls evolve as we get more series.

Guess being a uh I don’t know what you’d qualify Chloe as this series won’t help save her.

janejane6178

Yah, that’s why I said supposed new lead girl character, they don’t treat her like one :(

Yah, all the Sun and Moon girls including Mallow who was the less developed had more.

It is interesting to watch the polls evolve as we get more series.

Guess being a uh I don’t know what you’d qualify Chloe as this series won’t help save her.
I feel that ever since SM started. they ditched the poke lead girl type of character (Misty, Dawn, May, Iris, Serena) and just added supporting female characters (the sm girls and Koharu).
I hope we will have a poke lead girl next series

Bendicion

Water Master
Like even if Misty doesn't rank high in popularity polls anymore (which is a given considering the new age group that grows up without her), she'll still remain iconic and recognisable to a huge portion of the casual fanbase / people who aren't that much into Pokemon.
She will always be famous and iconic, and I pray and hope that all her haters live a very long life to see her being even more loved than before.

BlueDragonfangirl

I feel that ever since SM started. they ditched the poke lead girl type of character (Misty, Dawn, May, Iris, Serena) and just added supporting female characters (the sm girls and Koharu).
I hope we will have a poke lead girl next series
I wonder why? All three girls exploded in popularity during those times, Dawn during DP sky rocketed, I remember Pearlshipping the biggest thing than.

She will always be famous and iconic, and I pray and hope that all her haters live a very long life to see her being even more loved than before.
Just because she’s not number 1 in the popularity polls means she’s hated by them, they prefer the other girl is all.

janejane6178

I wonder why? All three girls exploded in popularity during those times, Dawn during DP sky rocketed, I remember Pearlshipping the biggest thing than.

Just because she’s not number 1 in the popularity polls means she’s hated by them, they prefer the other girl is all.
Which three do you refer to?

Gingertail24

At least iris had a character arc and had one of the best returns. Mallow just kinda there.

Honestly I theorize that after Serena, they genuinely didn't have an idea for a goal for the girl characters anymore. It's either no goal or barely developed. Focusing more on internal development than goal progression

janejane6178

Honestly I theorize that after Serena, they genuinely didn't have an idea for a goal for the girl characters anymore. It's either no goal or barely developed. Focusing more on internal development than goal progression
Yes, I agree
They kinda gave up after Serena, starting with sm.
They just gave up on poke lead girl concept and just made supporting/background characters that are female
Well atleast they ended the poke lead girl concept with the best one.. Serena:)

BlueDragonfangirl

Which three do you refer to?
Well, May/Dawn/Serena all heavy hitters so you’d think the’d have kept that trend going. The girls with no particular goal lack in popularity Iris/Chloe so.

Maybe once they see how low Chloe scored on the recent popularity pulls they’ll rethink this?
At least iris had a character arc and had one of the best returns. Mallow just kinda there.

That could be true.

DatsRight

Man, just looking at the poll, poor mallow. She had a lot of potential
A shame they ditched the mischevious competitive Mallow that was the pseudo leader of the group in the earliest episodes. Might have been fun having her rival Ash in non-battle stuff, an alternate to Kiawe.

She had the battle fruit queen and a freaking Shaymin. I still don't get HOW she did so little.

Also Jessie needs more love. Her performance arc is underrated.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I mean you're always tired of opinions that don't align with yours so it's not even a Dawn thing.

And the reason loads of people don't like how she's been handled in JN is cause it rarely seemed to be about her, and more of being part of these terrible pointless legendary episodes. No updates to her contest career, and after seeing the progress Iris, Brock and Serena made, Dawn just feels left behind. An episode that focuses on her goal and progress without some useless legendary arc would benefit her far more.
...I just wish they'd evolve one of her Pokémon, is that too much to ask for?

Gingertail24

A shame they ditched the mischevious competitive Mallow that was the pseudo leader of the group in the earliest episodes. Might have been fun having her rival Ash in non-battle stuff, an alternate to Kiawe.

She had the battle fruit queen and a freaking Shaymin. I still don't get HOW she did so little.

Also Jessie needs more love. Her performance arc is underrated.
I think they ditched her mischievous personality because that was Lana quirk. Her happy go lucky personality helped match with Lana mischievous one. But they didn't need to remove it all together

DatsRight

I think they ditched her mischievous personality because that was Lana quirk. Her happy go lucky personality helped match with Lana mischievous one. But they didn't need to remove it all together
About the only time I remember it returning was the Poke Center one when they cross dressed Ash.

A shame all three SM girls kinda got diluted after a while. Mallow just became passive and had no agency, Lana just became the 'good at everything' gag character, even Lillie just sort of became the baby sister of the group when the AF arc was done. I'd argue Kiawe and Sophocles' characters got tweaked as well, but at least we got some trainer growth and a fun dynamic with Ash from it.

RLC

I'm more interested in an entertaining goal than character development since I think the pokemon anime is underwhelming writing wise so I'll go with dawn/may.