• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is replaying GSC in honor of the new games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeddokun

I hope my battery isn't dead... My mother gave away my game boy color and game boy advance to my cousins, so I'm hoping to replay it on Stadium 2 as soon as I order a transfer pack on Amazon.com.

Arrowbic

The Nuisance
I started replaying my Crystal (Gold's battery died) a couple weeks before HeartGold and SoulSilver were announced. I did start over again a couple days ago, though, and it was in the honor of the new remakes.

Tonro

ill try to boot up the old crystal but I think my internal battery died and i really dont want to break my cartridge open so ill play on a ROM.

Last edited:

o tamago

completionist
crystal was my first game but my brother lost it :(
i found a rom tho and im playing it all over :D
lol it feels so nostalgic. beat 7 gym leaders so far :)

swimmercyndaquil

too legit to quit.
Actually, I really wanna turn on my Crystal game and play it, but I've got two problems:

- I sold my GBA and SP, thinking that Color games could work on the DS... I was wrong.
- I would play it on the Gamecube, but I can't find the disk that you need to put in the GC so you can play Gameboy games on it. >_>

Once I recover either this disk or a new Gameboy Color, I'll turn it back on. I won't restart the game though, 'cause I want to see the kinds of things I accomplished on that game when I was like, ten. xD

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
I played Gold and Silver, playing Crystal next.

I used a Cyndaquil in Gold, and a Totodile in Silver. Choosing Chikorita for Crystal.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
I'm playing Crystal right now, but I'm doing it slowly to enjoy it. I have 4 badges right now.

Knnthh

I play it on my mobile phone now , i don't know if it's legal or not xD . Just play it for an half hour or something . Have a level 10 totodile , level 4 pidgey , level 4 sentret .

The only problem is , the game freezes if you play more than 15 minutes without saving xD .

Farmermon

Is back once again!
I'm playing gold right now :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed it so much because my GBA had the d-pad sticking, but now its not sticking! I'm doing this so I can compare the games when the new games come out

fixthe_fernback

I am a fic-man
I finished Silver about a month ago and just started working on Gold. Unfortunately, I don't own Crystal T_T

Ammako

[highlight]There's no point in doing this. After that, playing HG/SS will be more boring since you would have just played G/S.[/highlight]

Crazy Chaos

I want to, but my Silver doesn't work, my Brother's gold doesn't save anymore and it keeps freezing up, and I can't find my Crystal...btw Pingouin7 has a good point, but I played my Blue and Red versions before I got my FireRed, and it didn't make FireRed boring at all. :D

I did switch my frame in platinum to the GSC Frame in honor of HGSS. :D

Last edited:

InfernoTheStrang

Pokemon. /smartbutt
I'm planning to. Just need to get some decent batteries. XD I did replay once out of boredom. I figured out how to read Unknown letters during that play session.

I'm amazed that my games still work. They save and everything. Must have been playing them very little compared to some people. o_o

Awaibou

gold@homosexual.net
I aaaaam! -flails arms- Beat a Crystal in two days, bar defeating Red. My team isn't even level 50 yet, so I have to do more preparing. >3>; Yeah, I plowed through it; even beat the Elite Four with my team around level 35-40. Guess I just had the right types or something. xD Ahh, it's so nostalgic, with all these Johto Pokemon on my team.

And now I'm currently stalking my rival at Dragon's Den.

Status
Not open for further replies.