• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is Stronger Base Greninja, Ash's Infernape (Blaze activated), Mega-Lucario?

Base Greninja vs BlazeApe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DayQuil95

Base Greninja. Infernape seems to have stagnated (which is incredibly unfortunate) and it needed to be in the red to even HAVE that powerup in the first place. Mega Lucario is strong, but I'd still give the edge to base Greninja.
It's really unfortunate how all Infernape had going for it in its return was an ass kicking by Moltres. Hopefully he and Krookodile have a return, because in terms of Ash's aces feats, they got the worst feats of all.
Charizard - Beating Articuno.
Sceptile - Beating Darkrai.
Greninja - No need to explain.
Incineroar - Beat Kukui's Incineroar as a Torracat.
Dragonite/Lucario - Gonna beat a champion level trainer's Ace soon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's really unfortunate how all Infernape had going for it in its return was an ass kicking by Moltres. Hopefully he and Krookodile have a return, because in terms of Ash's aces feats, they got the worst feats of all.
Infernape took down half of Pauls team lol, Id say thats hella impressive, not to mention taking down Volkner and before evolving taking down Candice's ace

Krookodile did get to beat Iris's Dragonite too

yeah Greninja also had no feats lol unless you call beating a 8th gym leader Mega Abomasnow/newbie Mega Sceptile that werent as strong on the level of Charizard, Sceptile, Incineroar, Dragonite, and Lucario lol.
Greninja's best feat was when it wasnt even mastered lol

DayQuil95

Infernape took down half of Pauls team lol, Id say thats hella impressive, not to mention taking down Volkner and before evolving taking down Candice's ace

Krookodile did get to beat Iris's Dragonite too
Two of those were literally sacrifices that Paul was using all of the sake of learning Ash's team, but yeah Electivire was pretty impressive, even if I doubt that's on the same level as the others.
And Krookodile took it down when it was ignoring Iris' orders and was not as trained as current Dragonite, so yeah, not much.
While the likes of Greninja went toe-to-toe with a dude who beat Malva and only got stronger since then, it's not as much of winning as it's getting close to beating such a monster that matters in this context. But yeah, I see your point here with them.

DayQuil95

Hey, I know you guys want Infernape to beat Garchomp, but I'd really like it to be something like Torterra & Infernape vs Garchomp.
My ideal matchups would be:
Infernape vs Mega Garchomp - Ace vs Ace, and Ash pictured himself as fighting Cynthia alongside his Infernape back in DP's ending, which would be a nice nod to that.

Charizard vs Z-Move Kommo-O - Could have Kommo-O be like Ash's other Aces for Cynthia, where it's comparable to even her Garchomp in strength, as to make Charizard's W also respectable.

Torterra vs Dynamax Gastrodon - Give Gastrodon Ice Beam so both can damage each other 4x effectively, would be an interesting yank matchup so Ash can finally learn to properly command Torterra.

Leavanny vs Roserade - Gotta give Unova some representation for the reserves, plus Leavanny is too good to not reappear.

Swellow vs Togekiss - Hoenn representation but quite literally Ash's best regional bird deserves a glorious return after his L against Latios.

Noctowl vs Spiritomb - Really interesting matchup plus covers Johto nicely.

I'd probably have the battle finish in a 2-0, with Ash hanging out with two mons just barely on the edge of fainting, as to both show more diversity in having more than 1-0s for all battles, and to represent more teamwork in how they handled opponents.
The problem with this team is the typing diversity, which's absolutely lacking. You have two fire types, two grass types, and two Normal/Flying types, but each one of them have an individual fighting style that I really like, so it would be nice seeing them in action again.

Johtoo

Out of these three it's Lucario
Base Greninja isn't as strong as a mega evolution
Blaze Infernape is quite overrated, it barely edged Paul's Electivire which isn't even stronger than his Torterra and Paul's Torterra is fodder to Cynthia's Garchomp

Ash's Charizard is stronger than all 3 of them though haha

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm trying to remember Gekkouga's feats in its base form, but I don't quite remember any notable ones that would make it on-par with a Blaze-powered Goukazaru, or Mega Lucario. So that pretty much rules out Gekkouga for me. It's between Goukazaru and Mega Lucario, and I'm leaning towards the former.

DayQuil95

I'm trying to remember Gekkouga's feats in its base form, but I don't quite remember any notable ones that would make it on-par with a Blaze-powered Goukazaru, or Mega Lucario. So that pretty much rules out Gekkouga for me. It's between Goukazaru and Mega Lucario, and I'm leaning towards the former.
My bias for Infernape is enough for him to beat Mega Lucario. And he's not as dumb as Raihan to let Lucario charge a Spirit Bomb.

DayQuil95

Then Ash- Greninja (If it still exists ) it's so broken that it could take down every champion in the master class except Gmax Charizard
I mean, given he was leagues ahead of the same Lucario that destroyed Raihan's G-Max Duraludon, which was capable of somewhat holding his own against Leon's Charizard...

I mean, given he was leagues ahead of the same Lucario that destroyed Raihan's G-Max Duraludon, which was capable of somewhat holding his own against Leon's Charizard...
Mega Lucario probably will defeat Gmax Charizard, who will defeat MCX n base form, who defeated Greninja, who defeated Lucario... Just crazy

Then Ash- Greninja (If it still exists ) it's so broken that it could take down every champion in the master class except Gmax Charizard
I would pay to see that happen
In my fanfic that I will write I had Greninja sweep Diantha on its own.

The problem with this team is the typing diversity, which's absolutely lacking. You have two fire types, two grass types, and two Normal/Flying types, but each one of them have an individual fighting style that I really like, so it would be nice seeing them in action again.
It kinda hurts to read this well based comment and what we're going to have is probably Dracovish eating Garchomp's head or something

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Greninja is too broken.
Even I used to think BlazeApe could defeat it but I had to change my mind after its return episode.