• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is the best starter?

Espeonite

id like to know who in your opinion is the best starter and why?
is it the turtle the monkey or the penguin?

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Another thread like this o_O

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
There is no "best starter". They can all own each other, thus they are equals. Now noobs, stop making these damn posts! :p

ludicolo_kid

Competitively, the Monkey is the best. Trust me, and don't believe the turtle and penguin worshipping noobs that will follow.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
I go with Chimchar because since his evolutions are faster and stronger, his fighting type will defeat Empoleon and his fire beats Torterra. His incredible speed even excels that of my favorite Dialga, meaning he is almost guaranteed to go faster than the other two slowpoke starters. But if you Don't pick him go with Piplup. He comes in second place. Sine alot of people use ice types (Points at Articuno and Regice) Torterra will die quick even with it's high defenses and it is the slowest starter EVER! So Turtwig is a bad choice.

;390; ;392; ;391; FOREVER!!

Last edited:

jrp

I dunno, they all have there uses. I can see the grass/ground being a wicked leech seeder with the right moveset. The fire/fighting is obviously gonna be the best physical sweeper of the three. I haven't looked at Empoleon or whatever it is too much yet though.

But it all comes down to a word and a third: personal pref.

shadow3944

The Legend Himself
Yes but Infernape is also weak to both of them by the ground and water attacks.

Drake #505

Breeder Brock!
I've lost count of these. Was it 634? Oh who cares...

No Chimchar is not the best. Neither is Piplup or Turtwig. They're all balanced. Go with who you want. Infernape has no defenses while Torterra has good defense and Empoleon has good spec. def. It's really up to you.

RandomPerson123

It's all opinion and really up to you. I personally like Naetoru and Piplup the most cause of their last evolutions Toterra and Emploeon. Chimchar is great too, but I am choosing Piplup.

Espeonite

thanks for your answers
i dont really know about these pokemon
because i havent gotten the game yet so i just wanted to know who was the popular concensus as the best which is who i would pick when i get my game next month
thanks aain

Hype_chao

Eevee FTW!
Who cares what anyone thinks is the best, it all comes down to your personal preference and your strategy, I will not give a suggestion, nor will I push my opinion, just make up your mind fo yourself and stop making these foolish threads.

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
*Sigh* Not another one... By my count, this is the two hundred and fifth...

Neatoru (damnit, his crappy English name is starting to infect my brain bumps ><) wins hands down. Sure, Gokuzaru can use a Flare Drive him, but (if EV trained correctly) he'll survive and EQ it and anally rape the chimp with a dildo made of OWNAGE.