• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is the strongest 1st Gen Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercolby2

Mewtwo is the strongest definitely

Last edited:

Irith_Locke

Pk THUNDER!
Mewtwo eats the rest of first gen, chews it up, spits it up, and laughs.

Seriously, Amnesia on Mewtwo = Rape. Doubling Special on the Pokemon that's already the strongest? Plus you can teach it Subsmission and kill Chanseys that would otherwise begin to stop it somewhat.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Probably mewtwo

rbspr150.png

quetzalma

Final Fantasy Fan

Soopah Jo

Summertime 4ever
Mewtwo is best because mew aint catchable without cheats

quetzalma

Final Fantasy Fan
mew is catchable without cheats(unless u count that flying bug as cheating)

Wilkimania

Missingo(or whatever it was called) I can't remember i know it killed the data in your file eventually, but was this the best, but no i'd say Mewtwo

hawaiian ale

zapdos master hoo ra
Yooh no wat there iz no stronger pokemon in the 1st gen ok the 1st gen was the original pokemon that started it all so you no what i say all the 1st gen pokemon is the strongest why cause they rock and they will alwayz live on with the dayz of r/b/y

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
its an incredibly obvious choice, but id say Mewtwo becuase even though Mewtwo matches up with several ledgendary pokemons(not counting Arceus due to his superior stats)now, but then, it was a completely different story. lack of any good weakness. incredibly high special. and an excellent sweeper. end of story.

Last edited:

mew801

mewtwo, dragonite or mew depends on how you define strong

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Charizard-non ubers
Zapdos-ubers only
Just my opinion

Your opinion is wrong. Mewtwo is the best, but you really have to consider the ****ed up game mechanics in R/B/Y. My fave Pokemon would have to be Persian, due to how criticals worked back then. He had a Stabbed 100% critical move, and damn, he even packed bubblebeam for those annoying rock/grounds, cause retarded stuff like that worked in R/B/Y.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
The strongest one in my opinion was Moltres, he put up more of a fight than Mewtwo, and i didn't even have to use my master ball on Mewtwo either, i used sleep powder and weakened enough to get it with an ultra ball, but Moltres broke nearly all my pokeballs & ultra balls but i managed to catch it with my last great ball.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
The strongest one in my opinion was Moltres, he put up more of a fight than Mewtwo, and i didn't even have to use my master ball on Mewtwo either, i used sleep powder and weakened enough to get it with an ultra ball, but Moltres broke nearly all my pokeballs & ultra balls but i managed to catch it with my last great ball.

Moltres? Are you trying to be stupid? His only good move back in R/B/Y was Fire Blast, He didn't even get Flamethrower until Crystal, and it took until XD for it to get a usable move that wasn't Fire Type (Extrasensory, in case you didn't know). Moltres was horrible in R/B/Y, and it still ain't too good even today.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Mewtwo and Mew mostly because of the broken metagame (and the fact that most Bugs were useless in the 1st gen)

Mewtwo, of course. In Pokémon Stadium, that my Mewtwo was Level 75, and I was facing a Level 100 Mew from a different Trainer in the game. (Prime Cup Final. Not sure if it was R1 or R2 though.) Anyway, my Mewtwo was faster than the Mew. But the Mew used Thunder Wave. Despite all that, my Mewtwo trashed the Mew a good few turns later.

Concerning Parasect, let's just hope the Parasect goes first before Mewtwo burns Parasect down mercilessly.

Also, for Moltres, I transfer it to My Crystal on Wednesdays or Saturdays to let it teach Flamethrower and send it back to R/B/Y. ^^

And, one more thing. I think the strongest non-ubers would be either Charizard or Starmie.

~MGD. ;150;

Status
Not open for further replies.