• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is the Strongest Ash? (2021 Version)

Who is the Strongest Ash?

• Kanto Ash

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Johto Ash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoenn/Battle Frontier Ash

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Sinnoh Ash

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Unova Ash

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Kalos Ash

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Alola Ash

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Journeys Ash

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
JN Ash wins through the power of last minute plot armour power boosts. Otherwise, easily XY or DP Ash through actual skill.

RafaSceptile

All of you guys are forgetting who is the real strongest Ash:

320px-Mirror_Ash.png

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
SM Ash also had the luxury of facing trainers from a region that doesn't battle. JN Ash's skills aren't enough to give him wins before the DEMs kick in.
Doesn't mean he isn't as skilled a trainer....
When we know the series is a continuation of XY and we haven't seen any signs of him regressing like BW ash did, I don't get why he's considered weaker

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
This is biased as heck Jane.
Some might take it as bait.
Why bias? Him winning a league that anyone can enter to doesnt make him strong in my opinion. Fuethermore, as someone else said here earlier, Alola isnt very battle driven.

Decidueye23

How do you separate his skill from his set of Pokemon. In terms of pure skill i would say he has just been growing, like there is no doubt about that. Team wise i would say Kalos /DP would be the strongest teams followed by Alola Ag and then OS and then BW. cant really say about journeys cause we are still in the middle. But hey definetly better than BW already

Decidueye23

I mean SM Ash had skills too during his battles and so does Journeys Ash....
Please. Kid forgot electric type doesnt work on ground types and poison type is ineffective against steel type. Regression at its peak
Jk. But i do think we hvent seen him use alot of stratergy barring counter the counter way up in the league.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Why bias? Him winning a league that anyone can enter to doesnt make him strong in my opinion. Fuethermore, as someone else said here earlier, Alola isnt very battle driven.
Why bias?
You didn't even bother mentioning the other versions of Ash to begin with. You only mentioned the one you like the most and the one you hate the most. That is bias. Am I wrong? I don't think so.

Also, Alola league is TERRIBLE yes, I agree, I also dislike SM and the Alola league is one of the reasons but feats are feats even if the league accepted fodder trainers. SM Ash and his team's strength is above DP Ash and close or equally to XY Ash. And SM Ash is as very skilled as XY Ash, it's all over the place.

I strongly dislike SM but as I said, feats are feats.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
The Poll Question literally says "The STRONGEST Ash," some people on this forum don't read, apparently.

On other hand, I think it is important to note, that SM Ash was STILL as competent as XY Ash. It is true he had less competition early on but that doesn't mean he was incompetent. He literally defeated a God and had an Ultra-Beast and a Mythical in his Team.

Martinat388

He did the thing!
The Poll Question literally says "The STRONGEST Ash," some people on this forum don't read, apparently.

On other hand, I think it is important to note, that SM Ash was STILL as competent as XY Ash. It is true he had less competition early on but that doesn't mean he was incompetent. He literally defeated a God and had an Ultra-Beast and a Mythical in his Team.
Yeah, I'd say SuMo and Xy are equal in strength.
Either that, or SuMo is a bit stronger

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
I'd rather take Ash's strength against strong opponents in XY over Ash's strength against weaker opponents in SM. Sure, he may have still competent during battles in SM, but I'd rather take the strength that we did see over assumptions.

Ash defeated Tapu Koko with a DEM Z-Move, and his Pokemon are irrelevant when you're talking about the trainer's strength. By that logic, XY Ash is the best because his Kalos team was fully evolved.