• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is the Strongest Ash? (2021 Version)

Who is the Strongest Ash?

• Kanto Ash

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Johto Ash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoenn/Battle Frontier Ash

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Sinnoh Ash

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Unova Ash

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Kalos Ash

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Alola Ash

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Journeys Ash

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
I thought I would make this thread since Journeys Ash recently defeated a Champion.

I'd say: Journeys Ash > Alola Ash > Kalos Ash > Sinnoh Ash = Hoenn/BF Ash > Johto Ash > Unova Ash > Kanto Ash

ShadowForce720

I thought I would make this thread since Journeys Ash recently defeated a Champion.

I'd say: Journeys Ash > Alola Ash > Kalos Ash > Sinnoh Ash = Hoenn/BF Ash > Johto Ash > Unova Ash > Kanto Ash
In all honesty given that Journeys Ash is going to be making it into the Master 8 and that by then he and the Pokémon he uses against Leon will likely be on Leon’s level so that his battle against Leon will be a close match.

I think I pretty much agree with your ranking there.

I do think that it means that Journeys Ash will be the strongest Ash.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
In all honesty given that Journeys Ash is going to be making it into the Master 8 and that by then he and the Pokémon he uses against Leon will likely be on Leon’s level so that his battle against Leon will be a close match.

I think I pretty much agree with your ranking there.

I do think that it means that Journeys Ash will be the strongest Ash.
True, I also had trouble with ranking Hoenn/BF Ash. BF Ash was really strong and people forget that. I think the Frontier Challenge was more tougher than any Gym Badge Quest.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Why are people voting for anyone other than Journeys?
Ash literally defeated a champion, is literally set up to become the world's strongest trainer. This ain't about which version you find better, it's what's stronger
I'm pretty sure the order would be JN Ash> SM Ash> XY Ash> DP Ash> BF Ash> BW ash> Johto Ash> Kanto and OI Ash
Based on feats. Each series really gradually improved his skill power aside from BW which lessened it and dumbed it down. SM Ash is definitely more childish but his competency was never decreased.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
JN Ash will be the strongest by the end of series anyway. Potentially the strongest trainer in the Pokeworld.

RafaSceptile

Each Ash is stronger than his previous iteration, except for maybe BW Ash, so...

JN Ash > SM Ash > XY Ash > DP Ash > BF Ash > BW Ash > Johto Ash > Kanto Ash

True, I also had trouble with ranking Hoenn/BF Ash. BF Ash was really strong and people forget that. I think the Frontier Challenge was more tougher than any Gym Badge Quest.
I think Hoenn/BF Ash should be separated in terms of strength, similar to Kanto and Johto

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Why are people voting for anyone other than Journeys?
Ash literally defeated a champion, is literally set up to become the world's strongest trainer. This ain't about which version you find better, it's what's stronger
I'm pretty sure the order would be JN Ash> SM Ash> XY Ash> DP Ash> BF Ash> BW ash> Johto Ash> Kanto and OI Ash
Based on feats. Each series really gradually improved his skill power aside from BW which lessened it and dumbed it down. SM Ash is definitely more childish but his competency was never decreased.
I also noticed that a lot of SM Fans are voting for Journeys Ash instead of Alola Ash in the Poll (being honest and fair) meanwhile XY Fans continue voting for XY Ash instead of Journeys Ash (clouded by their own bias :p). This is also why Alola Ash only has one vote here, if I were to remove Journeys Ash, he would have more for sure. Split-Ticket.
Each Ash is stronger than his previous iteration, except for maybe BW Ash, so...

JN Ash > SM Ash > XY Ash > DP Ash > BF Ash > BW Ash > Johto Ash > Kanto Ash
This pretty much shows that Ash's Character Progression (with the exception of BW) is pretty linear and straightforward.
I think Hoenn/BF Ash should be separated in terms of strength, similar to Kanto and Johto
Agreed, I should have split them in the poll as well. I think BF Ash would probably equal DP Ash, or if not is even greater. BF Ash recovered in his struggles (against Brandon) quite easily while DP Ash took time to recover from his slumps with Paul.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I do want to know why people think SM ash decreased in strength then the previous iteration. He has his level of competency throughout, has the highest win loss ratio in this series and defeated everyone by the end and became champion of the series and raised powerful mons. We have no reason to believe he was downgraded from XY unlike BW ash who was a rookie in the earlier episodes again. So I really want to know, is the personality change so jarring people assume he's weak? XD
SM ash is a natural continuation of XY ash when it comes to strength. The series has been consistent in strength levels when you take BW out of the picture

First: xy 10/10

Last: SM 0.01/infinity

Yep you clearly haven't watched SM and letting your bias cloud your judgement lmao. Journeys Ash is strongest by feats alone, this isn't about which version you prefer but which is stronger

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I do want to know why people think SM ash decreased in strength then the previous iteration. He has his level of competency throughout, has the highest win loss ratio in this series and defeated everyone by the end and became champion of the series and raised powerful mons. We have no reason to believe he was downgraded from XY unlike BW ash who was a rookie in the earlier episodes again. So I really want to know, is the personality change so jarring people assume he's weak? XD
SM ash is a natural continuation of XY ash when it comes to strength. The series has been consistent in strength levels when you take BW out of the picture
Yeah it is a continuation but I gotta say it's because of his Pokemon team. I think XY team is slightly stronger than SM team.

RafaSceptile

I also noticed that a lot of SM Fans are voting for Journeys Ash instead of Alola Ash in the Poll (being honest and fair) meanwhile XY Fans continue voting for XY Ash instead of Journeys Ash (clouded by their own bias :p).
As you can see...
First: xy 10/10

Last: SM 0.01/infinity

Yeah it is a continuation but I gotta say it's because of his Pokemon team. I think XY team is slightly stronger than SM team.
I would like to see in the Hyper Class some Melmetal or Incineroar battles so we can finally see if they are really as strong as we usually say they are