• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is Tyson's strongest pokemon?

Tyson's strongest pokemon?

• Donphan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metagross

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Shiftry

• Sceptile

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Meowth

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Hariyama

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
That’s a flawed metric assuming that team changes are equidistant. Grovyle’s gym battle feats:

- Beat Norman’s Slaking
- Beat Winona’s Altaria and contributed damage to her Swellow
- Jobbed easily to Juan’s Luvdisc

Swellow’s gym battle feats:

- Beat Winona’s Swellow
- Co-Starred with Pikachu against Tate&Liza
- Beat Juan’s Wiscash and contributed damage to his Milotic

Swellow > Grovyle in gym battles. This still holds even if we counted Grovyle’s win over Brawly’s Hariyama as a Treecko and of course Grovyle is decisively outclassed by Swellow at the Hoenn League. Grovyle really wasn’t that great (by Ash Pokémon standards) prior to becoming Sceptile.
Swellow only surpasses Grovyle in the later gyms

Genaller

Silver Soul
Swellow only surpasses Grovyle in the later gyms
Yeah I know. Grovyle is the strongest as of gym 5 though gym 6 onwards Swellow takes over and stays on top till Grovyle evolves.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Point is Pikachu can have vast disparities within a short time frame; you’ve not refuted that. Pikachu in the past has shown a comparable lvl in vs Juan, so it isn’t unreasonable when Vs Tyson is taken as a progression from that battle.
I'm more like taking into account Pikachu's performances in Leagues and upto what extent in has fluctuated in the same League. That's more relevant here we're discussing about Pikachu's relative performances in the Hoenn League. Taking that into account there hasn't really been any astronomical fluctuation upto that point like you are suggesting; a.k.a., a fluctuation of 2 tiers between Katie/Morrison Pikachu and Tyson Pikachu. In no other case in a specific League a fluctuation of that extent has happened, difference between vs Paul Pikachu and vs Tobias Pikachu literally pales in comparison to that.

Like I already said; Tyson making that comment for Meowth would’ve been redundant since the battle had to end with Meowth 1 way or another.
Pointing this out is more redundant since Tyson made that comment about Metagross, not Meowth, despite the fact the fact that Meowth left in his arsenal and Meowth was meant to be his last Pokemon. That obviously does say something. That Tyson certainly did value his Metagross a lot and Metagross's performance could make a huge impact on the battle and decide the outcome of the battle. And Meowth was yet to enter the battle then.

You’re just arbitrarily invoking the writers here; the writers put literally zero thought into the relative disparity between first round CotD league trainers. I’ve already given an example of a first round CotD league trainer Pokémon being at least as strong as I’m claiming Vivica’s Persian to be, so there’s literally zero issue with it being that strong.
It's not really arbitrarily invoking the writers, it's more like trying to assess that at what level the writers were trying to portray the preliminary round trainers, and there are 2 instances where we get an indication of the level around what level the writers were actually trying to portray the preliminary round trainers (and no, you can't really brush them off for your convenience). How can you outright say that the writers put zero thought between the disparity between the preliminary round trainers? There's literally nothing to support this claim whatsoever. It could also be the case that the writers decided to portray the preliminary round trainers around a certain level, then the double-battle round trainers around a comparatively higher level, and then the full-battle round trainers around an even higher level. It's a generally accepted concensus that as we progresses towards the higher rounds in a League, the difficulty gradually increases.

“Astronomically” would imply that they’re complete fodder relative to Persian and they’re not that weak.
Based on portrayal, Gilbert's Hitmonlee and Jump's Electabuzz weren't really much better than D spectrum/Tier 4 level Pokemon of Ash's. Hitmonlee lost pretty much low diff to Pikachu (who would go on to job vs Katie and Morrison afterwards) and while Jump's Electabuzz was dominating Morrison's Beldum it got overwhelmed with ease after Beldum evolved into Metang. So yeah, they would be pretty much 'astronomically' weaker than Vivica's Persian if it's somehow B calibre like you're suggesting.

Sure there can exist disparities between League trainers in the same rounds but assuming that the writers were trying to imply that Vivica was way more stronger than the other 2 preliminary trainers considering the fact that in 2 (a.k.a. majority) of the cases the writers portrayed the preliminary round trainers on a certain level that's not even anywhere close to the B spectrum is more unreasonable that not.

Oh really we’re going there? Okay then what constitutes entry into a league of a given region? Right it’s beating 8 gym leaders of a given region. We know that in the anime each region has far more than 8 gym leaders (likely 1 for every type making about 17 gyms in total as of AG). What evidence do you have that the set of Hoenn gym leaders that each trainer beat to enter the league were on par? Oh right absolutely none. Vivica being well above the other 2 could just mean that she beat a stronger set of gym leaders to enter the HL than they did.
Comparing League trainers from 2 completely different Leagues in 2 completely different regions is also definitely not plausible, because it could be entirely the case that the writers decided to portray the Kalos League trainers at a significantly higher level compared to the Hoenn League trainers overall (and that's actually the case). Are the Champions of the Hoenn and Kalos Leagues, a.k.a. Tyson and Alain even comparable in terms of strength? No, so comparing Titus with Vivica is fallcious.

And like I already said above, disparities can exist but assuming that there was a massive disparity like what you're suggesting between Vivica and the other 2 preliminary trainers in the Hl is more unreasonable than not because in other 2 (a.k.a. majority) of cases the writers portrayed the preliminary trainers of certain and much weaker level. Claiming that the Persian was that much stronger is more like a wierd assumption.

I never used the wording “same day”, but whatever. Pikachu goes through arbitrary fluctuations though I’ve always defined Pikachu’s peak as him battling with full cumulative expereince with the power fluctuations being the result of how much the writers needed to nerf Pikachu for the sake of the plot and I needed to make these assumptions because of horrendously bad writing. Pikachu was at his Peak against Juan and then against Tyson where he was only marginally stronger. It would be absurd (by my definitions) if Pikachu had a dramatic power spike from his previous Peak without any noteworthy gain in expereince (from stuff like training or battling).
Vs Juan Pikachu wasn't really better than Tyson's Metagross, I would rather put it a bit lower because Pikachu needed several factors to pull of the win against Milotic, like chip damage from Swellow, type advantage, and the Water battlefield helped Pikachu clearly more than Milotic; sure Milotic was able to create a Water Vortex due to the Water battlefield, but Pikachu's Electric attacks being augmented by Water made Pikachu way more devastating and it was ultimately due to dealing Water-augmented damage to Milotic (plummeting Milotic into the Water and using Thunder) that Pikachu managed to pull of the win. So I'm not really sure that performance was really A calibre, I'd rather say no. Taking into account peak performances in Leagues usually translate into a better performance in the League for Pikachu, Juan Pikachu < Tyson Pikachu could be possible but even that's also hard to be sure about that because vs Clair Pikachu is easily and comfortably better than any version of Johto League Pikachu. It's possible that Pikachu never really went peak mode in the League.

Nah 25% is too high. I frankly consider that “recoil” damage to be fairly trivial (about as much “recoil” damage as Scizor took against Muk) and then Swellow was pretty much dead before Hyper Beam. It’s between 10 - 20% for me and most likely around 15%.
The damage dealt by Psychic wasn't insignificant whatsoever, Swellow clearly was shown struggling with that move. And neither was trivial was the recoil damage from cracking Metagross's armor. Swellow clearly and visibly was shown in pain after taking that recoil damage, how on earth is it insignificant and even remotely comparable with Scizor vs Muk(where there was no indication of any visual damage)? It clearly doesn't make any sense. If Swellow was at 15%, then it shouldn't have been anyway able to survive visibly significant damage from Psychic + recoil whatsoever, it'd have just fainted from Psychic then. It took damage on those 2 separate occasions vs Metagross before finally being KO'd by Hyper Beam. So no, based on what was shown, it doesn't make sense for Swellow to be less than 25% health before facing Metagross.

You’ve objectively made a logical fallacy. Tyson’s statement only emphasizes Metagross’s strength; nothing more and nothing less. Like I’ve said for the umpteenth time that line is completely redundant in Meowth’s case because Meowth was Tyson’s last Pokémon.

Objectively bad reasoning here. That statement has zero bearing on Meowth’s viability.
It's not logical fallacy or bad reasoning, it's literally what makes sense based on what was depicted and the circumstances at that point of time in the battle. At that point of time he had Meowth left in his arsenal, Meowth was going to be his last Pokemon. And yet he said that "the battle would end with Metagross". Why? Because he valued Metagross as a battler/powerhouse more, he believed that Metagross's performance would leave a huge impact on the battle, how Metagross performs in that battle would have a massive bearing in dictating the eventual outcome of the battle. And this is despite the fact that he still had Meowth left in his arsenal; he still, as going by the implication of his statement believed that Metagross's performance would leave a massive impact in deciding the eventual outcome of the battle. The statement in addition, does also leave an impression that if Metagross falls in that battle (a.k.a. Ash manages to bring down Metagross), it'd be a huge moment in the battle: "battle ending with Metagross".

Tyson’s comment about Metagross means “I think my Metagross is good enough to end the battle from this position without me needing any other Pokémon”; that’s it. Nowhere in this is there any claim concerning “I think my Metagross is better than my Meowth”. It would sound very stupid for him to say the same thing before sending in Meowth since the battle by definition has to end with Meowth; get that through your thick skull.
Except if he said that, it'd be underestimating his opponent's (a.k.a. Ash's) strength, and Tyson wasn't really portrayed as that much of a powerful trainer who basically stomped through the Hoenn League, as implied in his other shown battle like vs Vivica and that double battle involving Sceptile vs Aggron, he won hard fought battles throughout the League to advance. He has no reason to sound that confident that he would have it easy against Ash with his Metagross finishing the job without his Meowth being needed. Someone like Tobias, who has been stomping his way through all the League, saying stuff like that, a.k.a. the battle would end with Darkrai/Latios without me needing any other Pokemon, makes sense. But for someone like Tyson who was implied to have won hard fought battles throughout the League, saying overconfident stuff like that doesn't make sense.

Tyson's comment makes more sense to imply that he believed that Metagross's performance would have a huge impact in deciding the outcome of the battle and Metagross being brought down would be a massive moment in the battle:---> "battle ending with Metagross". The fact that he said stuff like this despite the fact that he had Meowth left in his arsenal, does somewhat trivialize Meowth's strength comparatively to Metagross.

Objectively bad reasoning imbued with a massive confirmation bias. So basically your conclusion is that Brock, Max, May and Morrison are all a bunch of idiots for reacting to Meowth the way they did despite seeing the full capabilities of Tyson’s all-mighty Metagross first-hand; that’s definitely what the writers were trying to convey mirite mate ;-) ..... give me a break.
Assuming that Tyson has significantly better knowledge about his Pokemon compared to Brock, May, Max and Morrison isn't unreasonable. Besides, their statements could just imply that Meowth was one of Tyson major powerhouses but not necessarily his strongest but not necessarily his strongest/his strongest by a significant margin. Or maybe they were a bit overhyped due to the fact that Meowth was shown to be Tyson's signature Pokemon all the time.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I'm more like taking into account Pikachu's performances in Leagues and upto what extent in has fluctuated in the same League. That's more relevant here we're discussing about Pikachu's relative performances in the Hoenn League. Taking that into account there hasn't really been any astronomical fluctuation upto that point like you are suggesting; a.k.a., a fluctuation of 2 tiers between Katie/Morrison Pikachu and Tyson Pikachu. In no other case in a specific League a fluctuation of that extent has happened, difference between vs Paul Pikachu and vs Tobias Pikachu literally pales in comparison to that.
Except Hoenn League Pikachu comes after Juan Pikachu and Juan Pikachu is only marginally below where I have Tyson Pikachu.

Pointing this out is more redundant since Tyson made that comment about Metagross, not Meowth, despite the fact the fact that Meowth left in his arsenal and Meowth was meant to be his last Pokemon. That obviously does say something. That Tyson certainly did value his Metagross a lot and Metagross's performance could make a huge impact on the battle and decide the outcome of the battle. And Meowth was yet to enter the battle then.
Like I’ve already said; Tyson’s statement literally translates to “I think my Metagross is good enough to end the battle from this current position”. For argument’s sake let’s say that Tyson not saying a similar comment about Meowth actually meant that he thought “My Meowth is not good enough to win from this position” then it would just mean that Tyson underestimated Meowth or overestimated Pikachu since at the time the battle position for Ash was only 1 fully healthy Pikachu.

It's not really arbitrarily invoking the writers, it's more like trying to assess that at what level the writers were trying to portray the preliminary round trainers, and there are 2 instances where we get an indication of the level around what level the writers were actually trying to portray the preliminary round trainers (and no, you can't really brush them off for your convenience). How can you outright say that the writers put zero thought between the disparity between the preliminary round trainers? There's literally nothing to support this claim whatsoever. It could also be the case that the writers decided to portray the preliminary round trainers around a certain level, then the double-battle round trainers around a comparatively higher level, and then the full-battle round trainers around an even higher level. It's a generally accepted concensus that as we progresses towards the higher rounds in a League, the difficulty gradually increases.
The claim that “CotD League trainers in the same round have to be within a certain range of each other” is baseless headcanon; end of story. In addition you’re providing no method to determine what this supposed range should even be a.k.a you’re being vague. Epistemologically speaking all we know is that all of them are capable of beating 8 of Hoenn’s gym leaders; that’s it. That doesn’t really give us much of a cap to work with.

Based on portrayal, Gilbert's Hitmonlee and Jump's Electabuzz weren't really much better than D spectrum/Tier 4 level Pokemon of Ash's. Hitmonlee lost pretty much low diff to Pikachu (who would go on to job vs Katie and Morrison afterwards) and while Jump's Electabuzz was dominating Morrison's Beldum it got overwhelmed with ease after Beldum evolved into Metang. So yeah, they would be pretty much 'astronomically' weaker than Vivica's Persian if it's somehow B calibre like you're suggesting.
I had them at either D+/C- but sure Vivica is an “astronomically” better trainer than them lol.

Sure there can exist disparities between League trainers in the same rounds but assuming that the writers were trying to imply that Vivica was way more stronger than the other 2 preliminary trainers considering the fact that in 2 (a.k.a. majority) of the cases the writers portrayed the preliminary round trainers on a certain level that's not even anywhere close to the B spectrum is more unreasonable that not.
You’re starting with a false premise (that CotD league trainers of a given round must be on par or within a certain vague range of each other), so there’s no helping you until you realize that said premise is indeed false.

Comparing League trainers from 2 completely different Leagues in 2 completely different regions is also definitely not plausible, because it could be entirely the case that the writers decided to portray the Kalos League trainers at a significantly higher level compared to the Hoenn League trainers overall (and that's actually the case). Are the Champions of the Hoenn and Kalos Leagues, a.k.a. Tyson and Alain even comparable in terms of strength? No, so comparing Titus with Vivica is fallcious.
If you consider comparing trainers of different leagues to be fallacious then you ironically have to consider the same for trainers of the same league. Why? Because what separates league trainers of different regions is the crop of gym leaders they face though it’s also the case that 2 trainers in the same league could have faced very different sets of gym leaders (all 512 HL participants definitely didn’t beat Juan).

And like I already said above, disparities can exist but assuming that there was a massive disparity like what you're suggesting between Vivica and the other 2 preliminary trainers in the Hl is more unreasonable than not because in other 2 (a.k.a. majority) of cases the writers portrayed the preliminary trainers of certain and much weaker level. Claiming that the Persian was that much stronger is more like a wierd assumption.
False. I’m making zero assumptions when claiming Persian is in B. My argument for Tyson’s Meowth’s placement has nothing to do with Persian and from there I’m scaling Persian off of Meowth and the result never bothered me since unlike you I’ve never used any axiom along the lines of “CotD trainer Pokémon in a given round need to be within some arbitrary range of each other”.

Vs Juan Pikachu wasn't really better than Tyson's Metagross, I would rather put it a bit lower because Pikachu needed several factors to pull of the win against Milotic, like chip damage from Swellow, type advantage, and the Water battlefield helped Pikachu clearly more than Milotic; sure Milotic was able to create a Water Vortex due to the Water battlefield, but Pikachu's Electric attacks being augmented by Water made Pikachu way more devastating and it was ultimately due to dealing Water-augmented damage to Milotic (plummeting Milotic into the Water and using Thunder) that Pikachu managed to pull of the win. So I'm not really sure that performance was really A calibre, I'd rather say no.
Look at you not mentioning that Pikachu also played a crucial role in the double battle portion of that match including breaking a 5th Ice Ball. It’s a step up from his performance from Vs Clair (B+) making Juan Pikachu an A-. I really wouldn’t put Juan Pikachu below Metagross; honestly I even have reservations about putting Metagross outright in A- since I’m not entirely convinced it could beat a full health Swellow especially if we neutralized it’s net move advantage (a.k.a they had a hypothetical match where all of their moves affected each other neutrally).

Taking into account peak performances in Leagues usually translate into a better performance in the League for Pikachu, Juan Pikachu < Tyson Pikachu could be possible but even that's also hard to be sure about that because vs Clair Pikachu is easily and comfortably better than any version of Johto League Pikachu. It's possible that Pikachu never really went peak mode in the League.
Remember that crap you gave me on Gary’s Scizor needing to at least be on par with Snorlax given how it was able to land multiple hits on Snorlax without taking any damage. Well guess what; Pikachu could land 3 precise attacks on Metagross without taking any damage which automatically puts him on par with Metagross at a bare minimum.

The damage dealt by Psychic wasn't insignificant whatsoever, Swellow clearly was shown struggling with that move. And neither was trivial was the recoil damage from cracking Metagross's armor. Swellow clearly and visibly was shown in pain after taking that recoil damage, how on earth is it insignificant and even remotely comparable with Scizor vs Muk(where there was no indication of any visual damage)?
Didn’t look as significant as the damage Swellow took from Seismic Toss and sure as hell no where near as bad as what Swellow took from the Rollouts. Also the announcer (and Tyson) miss the part where some of Swellow’s Quick Attack actually did manage to damage Metagross since Metagross was dented.

It clearly doesn't make any sense. If Swellow was at 15%, then it shouldn't have been anyway able to survive visibly significant damage from Psychic + recoil whatsoever, it'd have just fainted from Psychic then. It took damage on those 2 separate occasions vs Metagross before finally being KO'd by Hyper Beam. So no, based on what was shown, it doesn't make sense for Swellow to be less than 25% health before facing Metagross.
Damage Swellow took from Metagross < Damage Swellow took from Hariyama < Damage Swellow took from Donphan.. My estimates are roughly 1/6, 1/3 and 1/2 from those 3 respectively; you can think whatever the hell you want on the matter.

It's not logical fallacy or bad reasoning, it's literally what makes sense based on what was depicted and the circumstances at that point of time in the battle.
Nope you’re making an objective logical fallacy; know that you’re wrong.

At that point of time he had Meowth left in his arsenal, Meowth was going to be his last Pokemon. And yet he said that "the battle would end with Metagross". Why? Because he valued Metagross as a battler/powerhouse more,
Okay I get it; you’re slow. “the battle would end with Metagross “ = “I think my Metagross is good enough to win the battle from this current position without me needing any of my other Pokémon (namely Meowth”. Does that show he values Metagross’s strength? Absolutely! Does that indicate he values it more relative to how much he does Meowth? No it doesn’t (this is not up for debate or subjective interpretation). You’re implying that Tyson doesn’t think similarly about Meowth because he didn’t make any comment when sending Meowth out but actually try thinking about what that would mean. You’re implying that Tyson believes “I think my Meowth is not good enough to win the battle from this current position” where the current enemy position is only 1 fully healthy Pikachu ergo if you’re claim is correct then Tyson believed that his Meowth couldn’t beat Ash’s Pikachu, but that sounds absurd since Meowth factually did beat Pikachu. At best you’re not understanding what Tyson is saying and at worst you’re conflating the meaning of what he’s saying to match your ideals.

he believed that Metagross's performance would leave a huge impact on the battle, how Metagross performs in that battle would have a massive bearing in dictating the eventual outcome of the battle.
Sure.

And this is despite the fact that he still had Meowth left in his arsenal; he still, as going by the implication of his statement believed that Metagross's performance would leave a massive impact in deciding the eventual outcome of the battle. The statement in addition, does also leave an impression that if Metagross falls in that battle (a.k.a. Ash manages to bring down Metagross), it'd be a huge moment in the battle: "battle ending with Metagross".
This is where the misunderstanding/conflating starts. “Battle ending with Metagross” just means he thinks he’ll win from his current position with Metagross; he’s not implying in anyway that he’d loose or have a high chance of loosing if Metagross were to fall. His tone when he made that comment clearly conveys “you’ve done well to make it this far but this is where it ends”.

Except if he said to fall. that, it'd be underestimating his opponent's (a.k.a. Ash's) strength, and Tyson wasn't really portrayed as that much of a powerful trainer who basically stomped through the Hoenn League, as implied in his other shown battle like vs Vivica and that double battle involving Sceptile vs Aggron, he won hard fought battles throughout the League to advance. He has no reason to sound that confident that he would have it easy against Ash with his Metagross finishing the job without his Meowth being needed.
Wow this is really bad. I don’t know what drugs you were on when you last watched Ash vs Tyson but there is nothing about Tyson’s tone when making that comment which would indicate that he genuinely thought that the battle would end for him if Metagross fell and if he really did think that then the anime flat-out proved him wrong since Ash had a fully healthy Pokémon remaining when Metagross fell yet Meowth successfully won him the battle. I swear I’d rather deal with Navin’s Axew rubbish than this lvl of asinine nonsense.

Someone like Tobias, who has been stomping his way through all the League, saying stuff like that, a.k.a. the battle would end with Darkrai/Latios without me needing any other Pokemon, makes sense. But for someone like Tyson who was implied to have won hard fought battles throughout the League, saying overconfident stuff like that doesn't make sense.
Tyson's comment makes more sense to imply that he believed that Metagross's performance would have a huge impact in deciding the outcome of the battle and Metagross being brought down would be a massive moment in the battle:---> "battle ending with Metagross". The fact that he said stuff like this despite the fact that he had Meowth left in his arsenal, does somewhat trivialize Meowth's strength comparatively to Metagross.
I’m not going to bother with this anymore. If you spout this conflated jibberish to me ever again then you’re getting ignored and if anyone else wants to understand why what you’re spouting is conflated jibberish then they can P.M. me about it and I’ll gladly break it down for them.

Assuming that Tyson has significantly better knowledge about his Pokemon compared to Brock, May, Max and Morrison isn't unreasonable. Besides, their statements could just imply that Meowth was one of Tyson major powerhouses but not necessarily his strongest but not necessarily his strongest/his strongest by a significant margin. Or maybe they were a bit overhyped due to the fact that Meowth was shown to be Tyson's signature Pokemon all the time.
Brock, May, Max, and Morrison are narrative devices through which the writers are conveying their intent. The fact that they reacted with such worry after understanding that Meowth was about to enter the battlefield yet were completely calm when Metagross enters the battlefield tells me that Meowth is meant to be considered a bigger threat. I’m okay with you contesting whether they’re relative reactions are reliable or whether they sufficiently justify my conclusion though I have a serious problem with how you’re twisting the meaning of Tyson’s comment regarding Metagross to justify your own beliefs (even if you’re not self-aware that that’s indeed what you’re doing).

EDIT: I just rewatched the episode and yup your interpretation of Tyson’s comment is blatantly wrong. His precise words after Swellow beat Donphan are “I can’t believe he pulled that 1 out, but this is where I claim victory” which completely corresponds with my interpretation of what Tyson meant by that comment which is that he believed that Metagross would be able to win the match from the given battle position and that was all that it meant. Oh and yes Tyson was acting very confident with his Metagross to the point where it was borderline arrogance and condescension especially with the statements “tough break, you should have known that Metagross has awesome defensive power” as well as “so he thinks by focusing his attacks on 1 spot they’ll defeat my Metagross, sorry Ash I don’t think so”. Note that the plays he belittles Ash for ended up making important contributions to Metagross’s defeat. Also I double checked and Brock, Max, Morrison and May are completely calm when Metagross entered the battlefield. They do seem impressed by Metagross’s Psychic though that still pales in comparison to their “oh crap” reaction when they realize that Meowth is Tyson’s final Pokémon. Please give the point regarding the meaning behind Tyson’s declaration of victory when sending out Metagross a rest and stop wasting both of our time.

Last edited:

keepitsimple

site of lies
idk probably Meowth...? are we even sure Metagross is still alive after what Pikachu did to it? Metagross' head breaking open scared the hell out of me as a kid .-.

keepitsimple

site of lies
If that scared you as a kid I could only imagine how you'd react to the Exorcist,Texas Chainsaw Masacre,Demons,The Thing,Halloween,and Black Christmas.

Nah I was fine with those : p

What I'm wondering is why everyone enjoys power scaling Tyson so much? He's such a minor character, and current Ash would likely beat him easily at this point. Heck I would have forgotton his existence if he didn't win the Hoenn league.

Not judging at all, just kind of curious about the reason since I see a lot of Tyson threads showing up every so often. Why this character specifically?

Last edited:

Ash-Pikachu

I think it's pretty obvious that Meowth is his strongest as the the anime follows a trend in which the final two pokemon from both sides are their strongest pokemon. Metagross is clearly held to a high standard, but he's not on Meowth's level.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
What I'm wondering is why everyone enjoys power scaling Tyson so much? He's such a minor character, and current Ash would likely beat him easily at this point. Heck I would have forgotton his existence if he didn't win the Hoenn league.

Not judging at all, just kind of curious about the reason since I see a lot of Tyson threads showing up every so often. Why this character specifically?
Because he won the Hoenn League using only those 6 pokemon,some say this was the most grueling league in the anime,his team is strong and balanced.Quite a few of his pokemon have a case for being his #1 strongest but the gap wouldn't be that big between the rest of his team.