• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is your favorite Gen 1 protagonist's return from Let's Go? (SPOILERS)

Who is your favorite Gen 1 protagonist

• Red

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Green/Blue (Rival)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Blue/Green (Female Protagonist)

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Pokemon-Red-Blue-and-Green-Japan-only-the-90s-23371046-282-266.png
250px-Red%2C_Green_and_Blue_Adventures.png

I suppose this could easily fit in the Gen 1 section but the thing is this is about Let's Go and there are a lot of little details that make these Let's Go takes on the Gen 1 protagonists to be somewhat different from their original Gen 1 incarnations. For example Blue (rival) interacts with the story as a bit more of a supporting character than a rival and later progresses to the Gym Leader of Viridian City. Red has some noticeable changes to his Pokemon team. Or Green (female protagonist) actually makes her first character debut here as an NPC where we actually get to see her personality for the first time, her full six-Pokemon team for the first time and not to mention the obvious, all three protagonists have gotten some sleeker updates to their design.

shoz999

You know how they should've handled Red?
Protagonist - "Your Red!"
Red - "..."
Protagonist - "A trainer of few..."
Red - "Hey!"
Protagonist - "Okay... you kind of cut me off there."
Red - "Let's battle."

Ever seen TFS Dragon Ball Z abridged? I saw this funny scene that I always thought would hilariously work with Red of Pokemon and would be a great way for Red to talk.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Blue because I can't stand the other 2. I usually don't like Blue but his arrogance is toned enough to where I can actually like him

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Blue; He's the OG
I love his portrayal and I'm glad he got a surprisingly big role.

Leaf's cool but Blue is better than her, this is her first game. She's lucky she didn't end up a blank canvass like Red. I hope if they show up again that in can be just her and Blue, no Red. All he says is "......" and it's just so boring

shoz999

Blue; He's the OG
I love his portrayal and I'm glad he got a surprisingly big role.

Leaf's cool but Blue is better than her, this is her first game. She's lucky she didn't end up a blank canvass like Red. I hope if they show up again that in can be just her and Blue, no Red. All he says is "......" and it's just so boring
I think that's actually a major reason why Green seems to be more popular than his Red counterpart, not just that she has personality but she can actually talk. Red being a "..." blank slate doesn't really say a lot about him as a character. I feel GameFreak should one day stop using that as a joke and start developing his character.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I’d go for Green. It was also the most noticeable for me due to her shock return. And that her official name wasn’t known until then.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I’m so irritated by the mismatched names thing. I know why they did it, but it bugs me.

Anyway, the female protagonist, because her inclusion was a surprise and it’s great to actually see the character as Gen 1 envisioned her, rather than whatever that Gen 3 attempt was. I have yet to make it to her, but I’m sure I’ll love that part of the game from what I’ve seen.

Blue is the best name for her, but I digress. As an American I just have to deal with her being called Green.

shoz999

I’m so irritated by the mismatched names thing. I know why they did it, but it bugs me.

Anyway, the female protagonist, because her inclusion was a surprise and it’s great to actually see the character as Gen 1 envisioned her, rather than whatever that Gen 3 attempt was. I have yet to make it to her, but I’m sure I’ll love that part of the game from what I’ve seen.

Blue is the best name for her, but I digress. As an American I just have to deal with her being called Green.
During discussions, I feel like the easiest way to distinguish each other is to simply call Green or Blue the rival or Blue or Green the female protagonist.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Hope that she do show up in the 3rd reboot movies or gen 8 anime when ash back to be serious about Pokemon battle again .....i miss that Ash/Satoshi .

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I think that's actually a major reason why Green seems to be more popular than his Red counterpart, not just that she has personality but she can actually talk. Red being a "..." blank slate doesn't really say a lot about him as a character. I feel GameFreak should one day stop using that as a joke and start developing his character.

That will be the day when GameFreak admits that Red and Satoshi were always meant to be the same character. :p

I want the Red who smiles a lot in the old Sugimori artworks. He looks so happy there. Why else would his manga and anime counterparts be such cheerful protagonists to this very day?

shoz999

That will be the day when GameFreak admits that Red and Satoshi were always meant to be the same character. :p

I want the Red who smiles a lot in the old Sugimori artworks. He looks so happy there. Why else would his manga and anime counterparts be such cheerful protagonists to this very day?
True. One of the reasons why GameFreak gave Red a Bulbasaur was because Bulbasaur was a kind-hearted Pokemon that fit Red's love for Pokemon in the manga and by extension Ash and his Bulbasaur. It's one of the reasons why Yellow admires Red so much in the Adventures manga, because of his cheerful understanding personality. In the games, he's literally just a parody of an avatar character.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I really liked Blue because of his personality in this game. He's big bro Blue! But I gotta hand it to Green for being a goddamn nutcase

Redstar45

I am not fan of that take on Blue (f) as leaf/Blue (f) fan i really don't hope they (anime show writers) use that version of the characters .
I really liked Blue because of his personality in this game. He's big bro Blue! But I gotta hand it to Green for being a goddamn nutcase

Redstar45

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I'd love to see Leaf/Green/Blue in the animé. I'd also love it if she was the dream crusher that kept Ash from winning the Alola League. It would be the first time a player character, albeit from a previous generation, was the one to beat Ash at the League.

shoz999

I'd love to see Leaf/Green/Blue in the animé. I'd also love it if she was the dream crusher that kept Ash from winning the Alola League. It would be the first time a player character, albeit from a previous generation, was the one to beat Ash at the League.

O_0

Pokemon fans who want to see Ash win the league - "Never in my life have I needed so much and never known until now."

Redstar45

Ehh just have her show up in pallet town to battle against ash and use gen 8 Pokemon to do it

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
O_0

Pokemon fans who want to see Ash win the league - "Never in my life have I needed so much and never known until now."

Honestly, it's far more likely for Serena to come back with a Green outfit than Green herself. It's not like we see Gary's older sister Daisy in the anime.