• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is your favorite Gen 1 protagonist's return from Let's Go? (SPOILERS)

Who is your favorite Gen 1 protagonist

• Red

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Green/Blue (Rival)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Blue/Green (Female Protagonist)

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Shadao......I as the amourshipper / luckyshipper that really annoy me when she took ash's childhood friend role from blue (f).

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Regardless of my musing, back to the actual topic.

I say that Green is proof that player avatars don't have to be mimes to allude the fact that the player character controls them. In fact, by splitting the Kanto starters up to the three Kanto trainers of Gen I, GameFreak gave them personalities and traits independent of the players.

Do you know why Red from Gen II and onwards always has a Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise on his team? To prevent him from having a canonical starter Pokémon. Same thing with Snorlax and Lapras. They are Pokémon that Red would most certainly have gotten in his journey. Only exception are Pikachu and Espeon but Espeon has been missing since Gen II, and Pikachu is a must have Pokémon on Red's team thanks to the Pokémon anime.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Regardless of my musing, back to the actual topic.

I say that Green is proof that player avatars don't have to be mimes to allude the fact that the player character controls them. In fact, by splitting the Kanto starters up to the three Kanto trainers of Gen I, GameFreak gave them personalities and traits independent of the players.

Do you know why Red from Gen II and onwards always has a Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise on his team? To prevent him from having a canonical starter Pokémon. Same thing with Snorlax and Lapras. They are Pokémon that Red would most certainly have gotten in his journey. Only exception are Pikachu and Espeon but Espeon has been missing since Gen II, and Pikachu is a must have Pokémon on Red's team thanks to the Pokémon anime.
Actually I'm gonna have to disagree with that. I don't believe that's the reason why Red always has a Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise. The reason why Red's team is like that at all is that they are all gift Pokemon he got in Pokemon Yellow. In fact the change from Espeon to Lapras still represents this fact. Honestly I think the actual reason why Red was finally given a canonical starter was because the trio was finally complete, there were finally three trainers to represent three starters.

Redstar45

Ehh i think that he probably got all starters same way the let go pikachu and eevee main character did ......im this timeline .

shoz999

I just saw the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Victory Animations for Red and Green the female protagonist featuring the voice-acting. Red's voice is okay but Green's... it's nothing out of the ordinary but Wow! it's perfect or at least great! It's how you imagined Green would be voiced in a proper Pokemon video game anime adaptation. Oh man. That is literally the closest we are going to get to Green having the perfect voice, or really any voice, through an animated character lol.

I don't know about you guys but because of Pokemon Adventures and Pokemon Let's Go's take on Green, I'd always imagined the voice-actors for Nami from One Piece, both English and Japanese, being the perfect voice actor for Green.

Redstar45

Nami eh ? .....dunno about that unless you think of the two years time skip of the characters are you ?
I could definitely see that happening with that nami instead of pre-imeskip version.

shoz999

Nami eh ? .....dunno about that unless you think of the two years time skip of the characters are you ?
I could definitely see that happening with that nami instead of pre-imeskip version.
Just in general although it never occurred to me about voice changes because of puberty except maybe Yellow from Pokemon Adventures. I can imagine Red having Ash's kid-like voice at 11 and a deeper adult voice at 20 lol. Wouldn't that be weird if the manga mentioned this detail that probably no Adventure fans have thought about? Actually you know what? Wouldn't be funny if the games mentioned this likely detail that probably almost no Pokemon fan have ever thought about? Most Pokemon fans would probably have their eyes wide-open thinking, "Huh... neat."

Last edited:

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
For once not Red. Like usually you find Red in this awesome locations like the top of a mountain or in a champion world tournament, even in Sun and Moon where he's just the battle tree boss its still cool. Heres hes kinda an after thought, you removed the champion title and the defeater of team rocket title from him so whats left? How it should have been was once you beat all 150 ( mew and meltan and melmetal exclude) you hear you have a new challenger waiting for you at the indigo plateau, and he's has not only defeated all 150 master trainers like you but he was once champion before leaving the title vacant to travel the world. And it should have been an epic battle with epic music but nothing.

But I loved Greens first official game appearance, I hope we see her more often, now that we have adult red and Blue we better get adult Green next.

shoz999

You know. I just realized that Green's ENTIRE team makes a lot more sense, including her Blastoise. If Red and his Venusaur symbolizes friendship and kindness and Blue and his Charizard symbolizes passion and power then Green and her Blastoise symbolizes brutality and deception... I am not kidding lol. Her team's theme of deception, including two of her Pokemon are a callback to Pokemon Adventures however I don't think the writer even realized that Blastoise is actually a very brutal Pokemon lol. Yes! For those who don't know the Pokdex has consistently described Blastoise's use of his body, from his cannons to his heavy weight, throughout the generations as brutal when in action. Paired with the fact that she has Victreebeel modelled after a Venus Fly Trap, Gengar and Ninetales which embodies the ideas of tricksters and curses and finally the violent over-protectiveness of Kangaskhan, her team makes a lot of sense. The only Pokemon that truly stands out is Clefable which is most likely just put in there out of team balance and a subtle reference to the Pokemon Adventures manga. Other than that, I thought it was pretty interesting when I found out how Blastoise's battle style is and it's described as brutal. The funny thing is that both the anime and manga do not really touch upon the fact how Blastoise battles, it's something you only hear in the Pokedex and to see it possibly out of nowhere in a Let's Go game, seven generations ahead makes you wonder if GameFreak simply just gave Green the Blastoise by default at first and then later just happen to notice this fact about Blastoise's Pokedex entry and started to build a team around this theme.