• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is your favorite mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

interxavier

The Mist Vagrant
For me, I would say it has to be Johanna. She is probably the best mom the series has ever introduced. The reason being is that she is beyond a mom who cooks food and provides care. She is basically what a pokemon trainer/coordinator needs: a role model related directly to your bloodline.

Next to her would be Caroline. I don't know but I find her more sweet than Delia. Nothing against Delia but she's been portrayed quite lowly in the series (as if she's only a maid). The biggest role she ever had was the 3rd movie and everything pretty much went downhill from there.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I agree, Johanna, is the best mom, she was able to teach Dawn, and act as her role model. And she did her best to make Dawn become independent which is what she needed. I believe she is Delia, but done better.

Next is Delia, I enjoy it when she appears, she's a typical mum, tends to embaress their children, but is there to support them. I enjoyed her role in Movie 3, and it was nice to be able to have moe screen time of her.

The last mother, Caroline, don't really have an opinion on her, I don't think she appeared enough to develop her into a good character like Johanna and Delia.

Dave Himura

Mr.Madman
Delia and Caroline....

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Johanna was my least favorite only because her personality was extremely boring. She may have been the most "active" mother in the storyline, but that doesn't say much. It felt like everytime we saw her she'd either scold Dawn or sit on her couch watching the TV. Didn't help matters she kind of felt a lot like an older Zoey a lot of the time.

Delia was the funniest.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Delia and Lola. Funny characters. I was never crazy about Caroline for some reason but at least she never told May "Don't call me when you lose a Contest" What mother tells their 10 year old daughter that? Oh wait Johanna does. I know she was going for the tough love thing but man she was tough. She never tried to help her daughter during her first losing streak, she never seemed that supportive only criticized, I just wouldn't want her for a mom. She's an okay character just a bad mom, her voice even sounds strict on a regular basis. Delia and Caroline were great supportive moms and have funny dynamics with their family especially Caroline and Norman XD and Lola is just fun all around.

BlazingCold

Johanna. Who doesn't want a cool mom that used to be a PoKeMoN coordinator.

Antithesis

Johanna, like others said, seemed too negative for me to like her that much. She might have had the most active role, but as a character she fell flat. Caroline wasn't developed at all, so Delia's my favorite.

couplesupporter

James FAN!
I like all of them but I like Johanna and Caroline the best since I love the entire contest story line

Status
Not open for further replies.