• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is your favourate Pokemon card illustrate, and your least favourate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarliandMali

Hi, I found this forum while looking for the a cartain artist's designs on pokemon cards.

I was looking through my sister's brother's pokemon card collection, I myself having stopped collecting the cards some years ago, though I still play pokemon red and blue, and I play diamond on and off, and I was enthralled by a kakuna card that caught my eye. I believe the artist was Yukiko Baba. There was something very harsh in this simple... almost cave-picturesque depiction of a kakuna, something I found very true to the original pokemon. I quickly scanned through the rest of the cards to see if there were others and was delighted to find a charming little spinarak card, whose graceful art put me in mind of our favorite kid's book, the hungry caterpillar. I felt these cards stood out in brilliance to the rest of the cards which were all very fancy and detailed, and the simplistic form of this artists work I felt was very powerful. I would very much like to see more cards like this, does anyone know of any?

also there's that guy who does what looks like plasticiney models that are very cute, I remember a togepi, and I think a crocanaw?

well, these two, I would say, are my favorite pokemon card artists.

XXXBurningStarIV

->(°O°)<-n
shroomish.jpg

^ That is definitely my favorite card art. =D The Shroomish are SO cute. It's actually the thing that made me like them. I drew this pic on the wall of my old house. xD

Favorite:
Shizurow
Aritga
Nishida
Saitou
Fukuda
Himeno

Hate:
Clay pictures
Komiya (MD Pachirisu)
Some 3D models (Not any Lv. S or Ex)

Brado

Bawlin'
I have to say Masakazu Fukuada's(not sure if i spelt it right) artwork is amazing. His MD Work is amazing, especially the Dialga.

I like Ken Sugimori...but i like the newer artists a lot more.. so he's my least favourite

Last edited:

catseye4

Magical Nothing
well, i have a lot of favorites, and i know that some people will get mad at me for saying this, but, like spoinky, i actaully dislike Ken Sugimori's art. It is good, but way too normal and plain. He doesn't really use that much creativity. His art from the classic cards is really creative, though, and he even adds his own touches instead of just using the normal pictures from the show that he uses nowadays for his card art. :)

catseye4

Magical Nothing
well, i have a lot of favorites, and i know that some people will get mad at me for saying this, but, like spoinky, i actaully dislike Ken Sugimori's art. It is good, but way too normal and plain. He doesn't really use that much creativity. His art from the classic cards is really creative, though, and he even adds his own touches instead of just using the normal pictures from the show that he uses nowadays for his card art. :)

catseye4

Magical Nothing

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
favorite is: Himeno and Ryo Ueda
least favorite: probably the clay models and some very unusual cards(like MD Jolteon.)

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
Wow a lot of ripping on the official Pokemon character CREATOR/designer Ken Sugimori. He may not have the greatest artistic design in the TCG but he has designed countless Pokemon when they have been in the beginning stages of development.

The other artists would be nowhere without Sugimori's original design.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Don't bump old threads. Read the Rules.

*Closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.