• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is your favourite Gen 8 starter so far?

Who is your favourite Gen 8 starter so far?

• Grookey (Grass)

Votes: 52 26.9%
  • Scorbunny (Fire)

Votes: 74 38.3%
  • Sobble (Water)

Votes: 90 46.6%

• Total voters

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sarunori (Grookey) is my current favorite, but my opinion might change when its evolved forms debut since my viewpoint of which Starter is better is easily influenced by what the final Starter stages look like.

Beldarius

I like Grookey the most so far, with Sobble second and Scorbunny third. ...Which is weird since I dislike monkeys in real life, and don't care much for any of the other monkey Pokémon (Chimchar, Passimian, Oranguru). It's just Grookey is so CUTE. I'm hoping it evolves into something cool-looking, like Chespin did with Chesnaught.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My favorite of the three is Scorbunny. I really live the design of this Pokemon, and it strongly resembles another favorite character of mine from a completely different series, named Max, from Sam and Max.

Grookey is not as good but it's still a really cool Pokemon. I have to see its evolutions first though, before I have anymore say about it.

Sobble is okay? I don't really see the appeal for it but I don't really care, to be honest with you. Least favorite of the three, but not disliked in the slightest.

Grookey has the cutest design so that's my pick. I don't think too highly of Sooble right now since it looks a bit derpy, but Scorbunny is pretty cool if you like athletic Pokemon designs.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
These starter actually remind me so much of the gen IV starter. Grookey=Chimchar (Monkey/Chimp starter), Scorbunny=Piplup ("Proud" pose, cutest starter) and Sobble=Turtwig (Shy/lonely, not very communicative).

Creyk

People are hardcore speculating that the grass monkey will be the feminine starter this time around, since last gen it was primarina and before that it was the fire type. But the fanart some people came up with was just tragic. Do you think there is a base to these speculation?
If they do go that direction I wish it would be more like lilligant and less like Tsareena.
But this is the final form concept I found which I liked the most, although of course it won't be like this
D0igUogX0AEvIDh.jpg:large

quake

I'm team Sobble all the way but it does depend on the final evolution but also the other mons introduced. If there isn't a good replacement for fire/grass or water I usually go for that starter

For me so far it is Grookey. Still love the grass starters for most of the games, the only grass starters I didn't like that much were the Chikorita- and the Chespin line.
But it all will depend on the last stages of the starters, probably gonna play trough this game 3 times to play with all the starters.
That is because with this gen I like all the starters, the same was with gen 3 (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald & the remakes of those games).

I am really excited for the games :D

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Sobble atm still. Grookey may have the most potential that interests me with its evolution (music theme!), and I do expect my tastes to change as we learn about evolutions.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
I love Grookey. Even though I have no Switch, it would be the one that I would choose because I like monkeys, as they were our "ancestors". Last but not least, "monkey" is my Chinese Zodiac sign.

Creyk

I love Grookey. Even though I have no Switch, it would be the one that I would choose because I like monkeys, as they were our "ancestors". Last but not least, "monkey" is my Chinese Zodiac sign.
Ask for a Switch for Christmas the game releases in November exactly for that reason because the games makes a great holiday present.

Barry Hernandez

Mine is still Scorbunny.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I always have a favorite to go with, but for the second time in a row I'm undecided which starter to choose. Like in the case of SM and now SWSH, I'm warm to all of three, because they are all grown on me.

I like their characteristics a lot: Scorbunny is energetic, Goorkey is happy and Sobble is timid. But I value Sobble a bit more at the moment. That said, their final evolutions will be the deciding factor for me to pick one. I casted my vote for all of them.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Sobble.
Grookie looks like crossbreed of Pancham and Chespin, while Scorbunny is nothing like Pokemon for me.

DSDark

Breeder
scorbunny at first looked a little off however it continues to grow on me. It's def my favorite, however Grookey is definitely second

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm still for Sobble, but I'm tied between it and Grookey at this point.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I like scorbunny, but when the staters final evos are leaked, I'll make my final decision. For the record, a fire/fighting would not necessarily be a deal breaker for me. I need to see what scorbunny evo brings to the table.

Sobble is my favorite so far. Chameleons are really interesting lizards and Sobble turning invisible when wet is a cool idea. Especially it secreting water or "crying" to turn invisible on command. I also think it has the most potential to go down an evolutionary path I will enjoy. However I would have wished for its head-to-body ratio to be significantly lower, and I hope we will see it climb or use its feet for something they are adapted to, because its grabby feet are really not made for walking or swimming.

Grookey is probably my second favorite, and I like that its proportions are more conservative compared to the other starters. I like the design but I'm not really on board with the drum/rhythm theme, and I don't really think the orange parts mix that well in with the rest of the color scheme. I hope it won't become too humanoid and/or profession-centric when it evolves furter. I know some people feel like we have too many monkeys and apes but I don' mind that at all.

Scorbunny is my least favorite of the bunch, but I still think it is alright, just a bit boring as far as a long anticipated Fire starter rabbit will go. I can't really see it going any other way than becoming a sleek and athletic humanoid rabbit as it evolves though, which is something I am not particularly interested in, but I might be wrong.