• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who is your favourite Gen 8 starter so far?

Who is your favourite Gen 8 starter so far?

• Grookey (Grass)

Votes: 52 26.9%
  • Scorbunny (Fire)

Votes: 74 38.3%
  • Sobble (Water)

Votes: 90 46.6%

• Total voters

KKS-Lapras

Up until Gen 7 I had always been a Water starter trainer. In gen 7, Popplio was my least favorite, in terms of design, and is my least favorite Water Pokemon starter. Sobble on the other hand is adorable..., I'm back to my Water roots :)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'm going sobble since I see the most potential in it. Scorbunny looks like it has Looney Toons legs and feet and grooky looks a little generic.

It's legs are actually very similar to Meowth lines.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Very undecided on who I like the most so it’ll be a tie for all of them for now. Although Sobble is reminding me of Froakie...

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Scorbunny is currently winning by a hair, but I love all three designs. I think choosing between Sobble and Scorbunny will be a tight race depending on what their evolutions are.

Shadowclaw191

Sobble because of it's actor theme

Sobble is going to evolve to a pokemon who's theme is actor.
Most translations of Sobble's name is either variation of the act of crying, like leaking tears or sobbing mixed with lizard/chameleon.
Chameleons are known to change colour to express their emotions/feelings.

So basically Sobble is metaphorically and literally blue. And upon evolving it will learn to control it's emotions and become better at changing colours, referencing an actor.

Scorbunny is going to represent Sports and Grookey is going to be a Music Monkey.

DSDark

Breeder
Scorbunny is currently winning by a hair, but I love all three designs. I think choosing between Sobble and Scorbunny will be a tight race depending on what their evolutions are.

You mean by a hare*?

I like scrobunny too however it is very loony tones. Grookey is great looking too. I'm actually the least interested in Sobble. I think it's the hands.

Nodame

Misty <3
Grookey is yet again, another monkey. But This time it’s a cute one. (Don’t worry Aipom you’re still cuter). I wish it gets a feminine looking design in the end like Popplio did <3
I wish if it was more like this, aw!
Z1rotid.png

I need time to warm up to Sobble. It’s generic.

Last edited:

-Nator-

I'm rather disappointed with the overall designs of all the starters, but if they play their creative cards right, the middle and/or final evolutions of Scorbunny and Sobble can have some serious potential.

2dtyplosion

I'm picking scorbunny so far. I really like the
White/red/orange/yellow color mix. Plus if he gets that fire/electric typing he has the chance to be one of the coolest starters.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Grookey stole my heart, I love 'em so much! Sobble is kinda cute, I like it but not love. I have no interest in Scorbunny.
Quite ironical if we see your title. Lol!!

Well, I don't dislike any of the starters, but since XY, my preference has been the same always, i.e. Grass is the best, next is water, and the last one is fire. Just the grass and water switched their positions in BW. And before that, fire starters were my favourite each time!

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Sobble & Grookey. Love Grookey's music theme since I'm a musician.

ShadowForce720

I think the starters are going to have to grow on me, and I may need to see their evolve forms to know for sure which one I would prefer, but right now I'm feeling that for me it's either between Sobble & Grookey.

Also if you ranked them by how popular they are in the forms out of the people that have voted for them it seems to break down like this:

1st place: Sobble
2nd place: Scorbunny
3rd place: Grookey

so it seems so far that Sobble is the most popular of the starters on the forums, while Scorbunny is the 2nd most popular 8th gen starter on the forums, do note though that this is subject to change as more people vote the results could change, so for instance just because Sobble has the most votes now doesn't mean that it might necessarily stay that way.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I love the fire rabbit. ^_^ The grass monkey looks too much like a redesigned chespin, I hope the evolutions look better.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I am torn between Sobble and Grookey! When I first saw the trailer, I disliked Grookey's design but it looks much better with the Sugimori artwork. I initially decided to go with it for my starter but after hearing all the theories about what Sobble's evolutions could be, I'm now considering choosing it instead.

It's also possible that after the evolutions are released I'll completely abandon both and go with Scorbunny instead, haha.

aerial_ace

This is the one of the few instances when i am not instantly drawn to a grass starter. The only other time was gen 6. This time it is not because i dislike grass starter( chespin line is my least favourite grass starter) but i think all 3 starters are really well designed. At this moment i would say it is a tie between grookey and sobble with scorbunny just slightly behind.
I will probably end up with grookey since it is somewhat a tradition for me to go with grass( i picked chespin even tho i liked froakie more).
I will wait for their final evolution to make my decision as i love all 3 designs so far