1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your team's 'flyer'?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Glitcher, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glitcher

Glitcher Well-Known Member

I have little doubt that Fly is the most frequently used HM move, so it's important to have a Pokémon on your team at all times that can use it to carry you around Sinnoh. So who has the honour? My current flyer is Charizard. But since I had to wait until it evolved before it could learn Fly, I had a lowly Golbat provide transportation in the meantime.

2. LeoP2008

LeoP2008 Trainer/Coordinator

My flyer is Gyarados....oh wait....it can't learn fly....well, atleast it tries anyway. ;)

3. Emerald_Infectiion

Emerald_Infectiion Little Big Dreamer

Haha. XD
    So true, so true...

Fly is probably the only HM move I actually use these days. XD
    My team's Flyer tends to alternate... depending on who I'm training, which is usually just between 4 Pokemon.

The three legendary birds (migrated to my Pearl from FireRed. X3) and my Pidgeotto Shiner (Pidgeotto because it's somuch cooler looking than Pidgeot sprite-wise. XD)

Currently, I've got my Moltres at all times... At least until it gets to lvl 70.
    Then it'll be Articuno's turn. Maybe Pidgeotto. :3

4. Commander L. Halsti

Commander L. Halsti Toxin Squad Cmdr.

Chatot, at my friend's recommendation. I hoped that I'd be able to get near a Skarmory, but this will have to do. It isn't bad, and if I run on a Legendary, I know who to call for the purpose of putting the Legendary down.

5. Azure Flame

Azure Flame Well-Known Member

I usually use the first pokemon I caught in Pearl, my Starly, now a Staraptor. I have another Staraptor that hatched from this one, but I use it for online battles so it doesn't know Fly.

6. Shepard

Shepard metaphysician

I've been using the same salamence as my flier since I first evolved one back in ruby. He has terrible IVs and nature, and I never bothered to even attempt to EV train him, but it's just been like a tradition to have him in my party carting my butt around :p

7. ayeeprill

ayeeprill Shorts Boy- my hero!

I used Starraptor in Diamond, but I think i'll be different in Platinum and get Altaria.

8. CharizardMaster

CharizardMaster Belgian Waffles!!!

Usually just a Staraptor that I keep in my PC.

9. XxpikapikaxX

XxpikapikaxX Is also a Naruto fan

I have a Fearow, but don't get me wrong, he's level 85.

10. Icosahedron

Icosahedron レミオロメン♪

I use a Pelipper for his ability to learn both Fly and Surf.

11. morefirepokemon

morefirepokemon Fire Master

I gave fly to my staraptor to get through the game as fast as I could

12. Dragon Rules

Dragon Rules No longer trading.

Staraptor's my flyer.

13. Shoopuf

Shoopuf New Member

My shiny Crobat :3

14. Shadow Tepi 8

Shadow Tepi 8 Prince of Blue

Usually it's my Staraptor but I've used Swellow and Salamence as well.

15. purple_dragonite

purple_dragonite All glory to Helix!!

Definitley my Staraptor, but sometimes I like to use my Farfetche'd to fly around with.

16. Babey_blue

Babey_blue Foreva and alwaez...

drifblim, and i also find the move helpfull in double battles.

17. Lord Ike

Lord Ike Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here. Poor Pelipper is essentially an HM slave, like my old flyer Tropius. :D

18. Moe_Joe

Moe_Joe I lost my Moe_Joe!

Rayquaza ftw. i have two, one that i use competitively and the other which i use to train pokemon and as my fly pokemon. it has the move when you catch so i just thought, that i might as well use it. i mean, it wants to fly, why stop it from doing so.

19. Averyy

Averyy Ima firin' muh lazer

Dragonite is my flyer :)

20. 3Blazing3Ace3

3Blazing3Ace3 Live on after Death

I use Staraptor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.