• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who might the unknown members of Masters 8 be?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
1) Leon
2) Lance
3) cynthia
4) Wallace
5)Diantha
6) Alder
7) Raihaan
8) Mustard/Peony
I’d switch out Diantha with Virgil. You know the writers have been giving tons of love to Eevee and it evolutions in recent years and Virgil is perfect to showcase Eevee even more and you know he has to have Sylveon by now to complete the set and he was a really strong trainer. Gen V got screwed over in the anime after the tsunami so why not have Virgil return and have him be just as strong as Adler?
 

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Where do you think Delia and Professor Oak went off to at the beginning of the series? To take their spots as the top 2 in the master 8.
 

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
I’d switch out Diantha with Virgil. You know the writers have been giving tons of love to Eevee and it evolutions in recent years and Virgil is perfect to showcase Eevee even more and you know he has to have Sylveon by now to complete the set and he was a really strong trainer. Gen V got screwed over in the anime after the tsunami so why not have Virgil return and have him be just as strong as Adler?

I'm not seeing the correlation between the 2011 earthquake and tsunami and Virgil. And even though Virgil would be a giant advertisement for the Eievui line, I think Koharu's Eievui is probably going to be enough to fill that role, so I'm not convinced that Virgil would appear based on his team especially since he himself didn't seem like that popular of a character.
 

Samurott

Well-Known Member
I think it'd be better to guess who's in the other classes rather than who would be in the Masters Eight. With there being Leon, Lance, and Raihan, the rest will probably be either givens or complete surprises like Flint and Tobias. The givens would most likely be Cynthia, Steven, and Diantha at the least. Alder doesn't seem like the type to be part of it, given that's he's... incompetent, for lack of a better term given his behavior in both the games and the show.

Some Ultra Class trainer I'd love to see are Paul, Virgil, Brandon, and a surprise guest debuting would be Benga from BW2. Maybe even Misty!

Other trainers I could see in the Great Class are Kiawe, Lana, Nando and Sawyer. Perhaps Wally from Hoenn could make his surprise debut here.
 

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Personally I don‘t think it will be all big names.
They just need 4 for Ash to face, Leon is for sure, Raihan a very good possibility but I rather see Ash beating him for the last spot at the PWC, like they are tied point wise and they face each other for the last spot

Think along the way Ash might defeat Bea and but she will still qualify and face Leon but lose.

Also don‘t think they will let Ash beat the likes of Cynthia and other Champs in a row. I was already surprised they made Leon beat Lance.

Koga could be an interesting choice imo, or someone like Volkner or Drayden on the gymleader side.

Alain would be a good choice, just to give Ash that rematch and win.
Personally I would love for them to bring in some PCs from the games, Lucas, Brendan, Hilda or Rosa. Those sorts of Characters I find more likely to be part of the PWC.
But most likely Hop from the rivals side, giving him a story similar to his game counterpart . Silver would be great.
 

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eneci said:
Personally I don‘t think it will be all big names.
They just need 4 for Ash to face, Leon is for sure, Raihan a very good possibility but I rather see Ash beating him for the last spot at the PWC, like they are tied point wise and they face each other for the last spot

Even if Satoshi doesn't battle them all, I think it'd make sense for all of them to be big names to increase the hype when we get to that point. Having the remaining Top 8 trainers be COTDs would be rather uninspired and anticlimactic from my viewpoint.
 

LucasMV

Well-Known Member
Ideally they'd be all the Champions, and maybe Brandon or Piers instead of one of the Champions like Alder.

I really hope Galar is not overrepresented in the Master Class though. This is a World tournament after all, so bring people from all over the world, thank you. Raihan is fine, and at most one more Galar trainer would be acceptable. Anymore would just feel wrong.

Cynthia, Diantha and Steven are the Champions that I see more likely to definitely be part of M8. That leaves 2 spots, Alder is the Champion that I think has the less reasons to participate, so Brandon could be fit there to showcase all the new Regis. If not I at least expect Brandon to be an Ultra Class trainer. It would be a wasted opportunity if he doesn't show up at all.

Alain could also be there. But I think he's more likely to be at the Ultra class if anything.
 

kickachu

Momentai!
Question do you think yamper will learn a new move or get character development
 

Leonhart

Imagineer
LucasMV said:
Ideally they'd be all the Champions, and maybe Brandon or Piers instead of one of the Champions like Alder.

Not that I'm a big fan of Adeku, but I don't want him to be skipped over since I think that Isshu deserves to have at least one of its in-game Champions shown in this series, and since Iris is unlikely to have become a Champion in the anime, I feel that Adeku may as well return just for the sake of consistency.
 

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Ideally they'd be all the Champions, and maybe Brandon or Piers instead of one of the Champions like Alder.

I really hope Galar is not overrepresented in the Master Class though. This is a World tournament after all, so bring people from all over the world, thank you. Raihan is fine, and at most one more Galar trainer would be acceptable. Anymore would just feel wrong.

Cynthia, Diantha and Steven are the Champions that I see more likely to definitely be part of M8. That leaves 2 spots, Alder is the Champion that I think has the less reasons to participate, so Brandon could be fit there to showcase all the new Regis. If not I at least expect Brandon to be an Ultra Class trainer. It would be a wasted opportunity if he doesn't show up at all.

Alain could also be there. But I think he's more likely to be at the Ultra class if anything.
I don't see Brandon as a part of top 8. Ash has already defeated Brandon, and if Brandon is part of top 8, then the power levels of master class would surely fall much below my expectations. Also Unova deserves representation too
 

Leonhart

Imagineer
Rock Captain 99 said:
I don't see Brandon as a part of top 8. Ash has already defeated Brandon, and if Brandon is part of top 8, then the power levels of master class would surely fall much below my expectations. Also Unova deserves representation too

But Jindai has the potential to showcase Regidrago and Regieleki, and he's bound to have improved since the last time we saw him in DP. So it's possible that he'd be in the Top 8 based on that even if he doesn't battle Satoshi and is mostly used as a promotional tool for the new Regi Pokemon.
 

lolipiece

"Vrrr...?"
Staff member
Moderator
I don't see Brandon as a part of top 8. Ash has already defeated Brandon, and if Brandon is part of top 8, then the power levels of master class would surely fall much below my expectations. Also Unova deserves representation too
And Brandon losing to Ash means what, exactly? That doesn't make him weak nor mean Ash is the stronger Trainer.
 

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
And Brandon losing to Ash means what, exactly? That doesn't make him weak nor mean Ash is the stronger Trainer.
But it would significantly decrease the power level expectations of the Top 8. Brandon isn't weak, but he isn't as strong as other champions too!! He can be in Top 50 though!
 

AJ97

Well-Known Member
But Jindai has the potential to showcase Regidrago and Regieleki, and he's bound to have improved since the last time we saw him in DP. So it's possible that he'd be in the Top 8 based on that even if he doesn't battle Satoshi and is mostly used as a promotional tool for the new Regi Pokemon.

Why do you think Brandon should be stacked up along with the regional champions when there are 24 elite four members who are possibly much more stronger and almost as competent as the regional champion.
Plus in case of Hoenn, the anime has essentially introduced 2 regional champions, i.e Steven the current champion and Wallace the former Champion who should be much stronger than Brandon. Even Drake makes an appearance in the anime and even he should be stronger than Brandon.

Plus, there is literally no reason to make Brandon a member of the Top 8 when we literally have 24 elite four members who could just as easily take that spot.

That said, considering the new Regi's, it would be more interesting to appropriate to make Brandon a trainer in the Hyper Class and maybe have him battle Ash. Or they could make it all the more interesting by bringing Paul back along with Brandon and have Paul battle Brandon with the new regis and then square off against Ash after defeating Brandon.

And Brandon losing to Ash means what, exactly? That doesn't make him weak nor mean Ash is the stronger Trainer.

It would make more sense to fill the Master 8 with Regional Champions and Elite four Members who have been shown to be far above Ash's level in the anime so far. While Brandon is definitely strong, he was defeated by Ash. So adding him to the Master 8 does lower the Standard of the Master class.
I think a better option would be to bring him in the Hyper Class.



My Personal Top 8 List:
1. Leon
2. Lance
3. Raihan
4. Steven
5. Cynthia
6. Diantha
7. Alder
8. Either Bruno or Tyson ( Gets defeated by Bea who takes his spot).
 

lolipiece

"Vrrr...?"
Staff member
Moderator
Since my previous post was deleted I'll say it again: just because a Trainer is strong does NOT mean they aspire to be the best of the best. There's no reason to assume every E4 or Champ will be participating. I certainly can't see Alder doing it, as chill as he is. Diantha might be busy doing movie stuff. Also, casual reminder that Ash beat Brandon once. Out of three battles. In a battle where Brandon didn't even use all three Regis. Also don't forget the time he steamrolled Paul easily when Ash never came close to doing the same. Also, can we please stop with this arbitrary "standards of the PWC" stuff? This just the Alola League all over again.
 
Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
AJ97 said:
Why do you think Brandon should be stacked up along with the regional champions when there are 24 elite four members who are possibly much more stronger and almost as competent as the regional champion.
Plus in case of Hoenn, the anime has essentially introduced 2 regional champions, i.e Steven the current champion and Wallace the former Champion who should be much stronger than Brandon. Even Drake makes an appearance in the anime and even he should be stronger than Brandon.

Plus, there is literally no reason to make Brandon a member of the Top 8 when we literally have 24 elite four members who could just as easily take that spot.

That said, considering the new Regi's, it would be more interesting to appropriate to make Brandon a trainer in the Hyper Class and maybe have him battle Ash. Or they could make it all the more interesting by bringing Paul back along with Brandon and have Paul battle Brandon with the new regis and then square off against Ash after defeating Brandon.

I was taking into account the fact that he had three Legendaries last time we saw him, as well as the possibility that he could've captured two more like I previously suggested. A lot of people have said that they would expect someone like Takuto to be in the Top 8 since he won the Shinou League and had a Legendary and a Mythical, so I figure that Jindai's chances are pretty much the same given his own feats of being a Frontier Brain with multiple Legendaries and having a solid battle record.
 
Last edited:

ImBeVillain

Platinum is best
1. Leon
2. Lance
3. Cynthia
4. Marnie
5. Wallace
6. Bea
7. Raihan
8. Hop

Chronology:
1. Beat Hop for going to Master Class
2. Quarterfinal - Ash vs Marnie
3. Semifinal - Ash vs Bea
4. Final - Ash vs Leon
 
Top