• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who might the unknown members of Masters 8 be?

nickdt

She tied with Caitlin because the battle was timed not because she knocked out Cynthia's Pokemon and her Pokemon as well.

The reverse also applies: She tied, despite it being a timed battle, because Cynthia couldn't knock out Caitlins Pokemon either (Meaning Cynthia is signifcantly weaker than Leon and Diantha).

D

Deleted member 384931

Even if she loses that doesnt really matter. Everyone is equal in the PWC champion or not.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The reverse also applies: She tied, despite it being a timed battle, because Cynthia couldn't knock out Caitlins Pokemon either (Meaning Cynthia is signifcantly weaker than Leon and Diantha).
I don’t think that necessarily signifies how strong a Trainer is. Remember that Pikachu got a tie after taking out Tobias’ Latios. Sure Tobias was overpowered and Ash lost because every one of his Pokémon were KO but Pikachu has taken on Tapu Koko who is a deity and it is far from being weak.

nickdt

I don’t think that necessarily signifies how strong a Trainer is. Remember that Pikachu got a tie after taking out Tobias’ Latios. Sure Tobias was overpowered and Ash lost because every one of his Pokémon were KO but Pikachu has taken on Tapu Koko who is a deity and it is far from being weak.

While this is true, the main difference between Latios and Tapu Koko is that Latios was human trained and Tapu Koko is a wild Pokemon. Another point is that Ash's Pikachu is legendary level itself as well.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Except, Ash’s Greninja is still extremely popular, so it’s still able to generate hype if it returns, so you just disproved your own argument by trying to use Greninja as an example.

Heck Ash’s Charizard has lost before and yet it still winds up generating hype when it returns.
How was I "disproved" when people (at least here) all had a meltdown the moment AG went down in flames and even wondered "what was the point."

Greninja, in general (not in the anime), is popular. AG? I don't think it's got what it built up anymore. In fact, that defeat was pretty humiliating because its only achievements were making Sawyer's Sceptile its ***** and beating a Mega Abomasnow. I actually wonder why people get excited to have a chance to have AG in particular return when it really isn't impressive but a straight failed shonen hero archetype. It didn't even matter much during the TF arc other than sensing a...Chespin. It doesn't help its personality is basically nonexistent.

I literally think Sunny D-roc is miles better because it at least succeeded at what it wanted to do, albeit it wasn't as flashy (but more shoved down our throats).

dman_dustin

Not really Cynthia lost Pokemon to Aaron and Flint but she still won the match. The point is Caitlin isn't Paul nor Ash, she's an Elite 4 member or do people not realize this?

Lance nor Raihan were one shotted by Leon, so I don't understand why strength is defined by being able to one shot your opponent when that's a ridiculous metric of measurement to begin with.

In other words an E4 member being able to hold their own against a champion to run out a timed battle to tie isn't some improbable event nor does it show who is stronger nor weaker, because you'd have to throw someone under the bus primarily Cynthia though to make the argument.

Either you are saying Cynthia is weak, or Caitlin should be weak thus Cynthia is weak. What about acknowledging Caitlin as a E4 member and that no matter how strong Cynthia is, it wasn't going to be a OHKO nor in 10 minutes which if we go by Lance/Raihan vs Leon, Leon was unable to take them out after 10 minutes. So how does that make Leon stronger than Cynthia?

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Any chances that Diantha is the #8? Since she seems to be the weakest regional champion (her MEd ace struggled against an imperfect Ash-Greninja)...

Morax

King of heroes
How was I "disproved" when people (at least here) all had a meltdown the moment AG went down in flames and even wondered "what was the point."

Greninja, in general (not in the anime), is popular. AG? I don't think it's got what it built up anymore. In fact, that defeat was pretty humiliating because its only achievements were making Sawyer's Sceptile its ***** and beating a Mega Abomasnow. I actually wonder why people get excited to have a chance to have AG in particular return when it really isn't impressive but a straight failed shonen hero archetype. It didn't even matter much during the TF arc other than sensing a...Chespin. It doesn't help its personality is basically nonexistent.

I literally think Sunny D-roc is miles better because it at least succeeded at what it wanted to do, albeit it wasn't as flashy (but more shoved down our throats).
Even Charizard lost humiliatingly but he redeemed himself in johto and battle frontier. You're being too hard on the poor frog, give him a chance. Of course he'll win the next time he returns.

Torpoleon

Kind of hoping something like this is the Masters 8:

1. Leon (confirmed)
2. Lance (confirmed)
3. Cynthia
4. Steven
5. Tobias
6. Alain
7. Raihan (confirmed)
8. Diantha

Aside from the three already confirmed, I picked the two characters who I deemed most likely to be part of the Masters 8 (also partly because I think Ash should have rematches with them. I ranked them roughly in the order I think they'd be in, in terms of strength. Would love for Ash to have 6 on 6 matches with all 8 and for him to use reserves.