• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who misses RSE and Hoenn?!

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
Currently, I don't miss 3rd Gen. Here are my reasons why:

1) I'm still playing Emerald! (Insert Smiley Here) Yeah, I'm still working on breeding for the 3rd Gen.
2) The 3rd and 4th Gens are still connected via Pal Park and the Slot-2 Exclusive Wild Pokemon Encounters. This feature makes you go back to the 3rd Gen (And makes the Pokemon World feel like a bigger place! Wow!).

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I don't.

I personally think G/S/C was way better than R/S/E, but that's my opinion.

Yami Marius

Pokémon Wizard
I wouldn't mind playing RSE with 4th gen graphics, but when forced to choose between Jotho and Hoenn, I pick Jotho. I still have the fully functional Advance games.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
No, I don't miss the 3rd Gen. that much. I still have the games, and play through Sapphire when I'm bored, so I'm not exactly separated from them.

I certainly don't miss the sea routes, though. >_<

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I don't miss Hoenn. Way too many places to surf and places you need to dive and stuff. Johto is so much better

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I don't miss the 3rd generation, but I still play for Frontier Symbols. In my opinion, DP was better and had a better storyline. I grasped it perfectly!

Dannytoge

信じる!
tbh i'd have to say the 3rd gen was my least fave, not because of the pokemon because i just didnt like the games, it seemed like after you beat the elite 4, there was nothing. Gen 2 in johto was the best, and after you got to go back to kanto!!! best game and gen by far.

you cant really miss Hoenn since its not gone anywhere o_O i do prefer the older gens however. for me kanto and johto was the best atleast D/P got the day and night features back.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I loved the third gen, so yes I do. But they aren't my favorite games. Emerald's the only one that's really great.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Miss?
Why would I miss it,I have the game XD

The third generation was fun,I've played as 3 different trainers(4 now,but I'm trying to get a shiny Torchic..And failing).
So many Pokemon,so much sadness.

..And Birch being a loser,I don't freaking want to capture all the Pokemon!

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
honestly if i miss the game then i can get it out of my gamebox which i already did, ít's still a very popular game since alot of people buy the 3th gen pokemongames (2th handed) at the gamestores that still provide them.

Teebird

i dont miss them too much since i play emerald frequently, the thing that bugs me about 3rd gen games(RSE) is no vs seeker..

latios reborn

I do.. I made the mistake of trading in my Emerald after a while.. Mainly as had nothing special on the cart.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
I actually miss the Hoenn lulz (the story plot and all that stuff). And I really can't erase my save file on Sapphire to start a new game cause like, I need to wait for the day where I can import those special Pokemon... which is probably never. D:

Ah well, it's in my special case, sitting, hatching Eevees in hope to get a shiny one. Lulz.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
RSE was fu[b[c[/b]king aweful. It turned me right off Pokemon. It might've suddenly bought new things to the competitive side but really, game was it was crap. Storyline was shit. Too much monotonous and redundant surfing to do half the game. The only thing worse then RSE was the anime version of it.