• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who misses RSE and Hoenn?!

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
I will never miss this generation as it was the worst for me. There was too much water and the whole game relied heavily on having electric and grass pokemon especially on emerald.

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
I will never miss this generation as it was the worst for me. There was too much water and the whole game relied heavily on having electric and grass pokemon especially on emerald.
Couldn't agree with you more. I liked Hoenn and RSE but it just doesn't compare to the others.

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
They also put it on the DS because they wanted people to use the bottom scree which serves no purpose because everything can be done on the top screen.
Lies.
They put it on the DS cause the DS was the most advanced hand-held Nintendo has thus far. :/
They ALWAYS put the new games onto the new systems.

RSE sucked. So much backtracking and the damn rebattle phone system. SO MUCH SPAM
And you couldn't control who you could fight.

Third gen, I have nothing against, but RSE/Hoenn failed for me.

mew801

They ALWAYS put the new games onto the new systems.

Exactly. If you have an old system and a new game comes out on a new system, you are going to want to buy the game, so then you will have to buy the new system. Basic marketing actually.

Anyway, back on topic...

RSE sucked

Couldn't agree with you more.

Third gen, I have nothing against, but RSE/Hoenn failed for me.

Again, couldn't agree with you more

-GameMaster-

→Symbol Ω Hunter←
I sure miss Jhoto...
I wish it was somehow connected to Hoen!
Hoen's storyline is not that interesting... I liked Jhoto's better!

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Topic creator did a lot of generalizing.

I don't miss RSE, by the way. I still play them often enough. In fact, I'm having an Emerald runthrough right now. If you miss them that badly, go play them again.

I think the reason why people want a GSC remake is because their quality is still comparable to the original games. RSE made a notable jump, and everything else has pretty much been done since, so they want to be able to play in Johto with an equal-quality engine/graphics/whatever.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Why does everyone hate Hoenn so much?
Because people feel they took out more than they added. I think what people wanted was every feature Johto had, plus more, and when they didn't get that, that's when they got disappointed. But that's just how I see it. Not sure if that's the truth. :/

Personally, I think Johto is overrated and Hoenn underrated, but this isn't the particular time or place to talk about that.

To stay on topic, what I want to say has already been said: Why miss what can be revisited? I can still play my Sapphire.

cocoa_adele

yeah i play them so i dont miss them ..>>
besides day and night isnt that great and your stuck in one region; which isnt very fun

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I know I don't!

It was the birth of poorly categorized moves, not-so-much improvement from G/S/C, and the storyline was cliché!

...Idk, I just hated the third gen.

.Vaati.

.:Guilty Love
RSE had the best Pokemon, so many cool/cute/unique monsters. I loved the layout of the region as there was a ton of traveling to do.

I don't necessarily miss the games since Platinum will add the Battle Frontier and the 4th Gen fixed some of the few problems the RSE games had. However, RSE is definitely one of the better series. It is superior to GSC (which is terribly overrated) and Lg/Fr.

Yes, R/S/E had the second best new pokemon, the best heros, the best places, (not the best tiles) And, it was also challenging. It took my 3 days to find out what to do in Sotopolis. So yes, I do 'miss' it. But it's not technically forgotten. :/

.Vaati.: I love G/S/C :/

Alxprit

The imaginary guy.
One thing. Latias. That alone makes me love Hoenn.
Why, just last week I finally completed my Hoenn Dex.
There are many kinds of things in Hoenn. The first game with a full fledged Ocean, not the "rivers" in Kanto and Johto. (They were oceans, but you were forced to go a certain direction.) Also, the Battle Frontier makes me want to keep on playing. I'm still trying to develop a good competitive team, and eventually port it over to take on Sinnoh's Battle Tower (and Platinum's Frontier, but that's another story).

Not to mention TV, sandstorms, new bikes, all that junk. But I can't miss it because I didn't get rid of it when I got Diamond.
I also play Emerald more frequently than LeafGreen for some reason...

NINJA PENGUIN

i think out of ALL the regions hoenn was the worst. the only thing i liked about it was the frontier and the fight with steven in meteor falls

Saberu

What is wrong with all the water?

Just bring a few hundred repels and something that can fly.

Pokémon regions are based on Japan, right? Isn't Japan an island?

I loved Hoenn. Sinnoh sucked so badly I can't describe it. Kanto gets boring after you've played it twice. I haven't even seen Johto.

I love restarting my Sapphire and playing through it multiple times. I never get bored of it. (well, except when I forget to obtain HM cut.)

Everyone's team consists of starter, Staraptor, Lucario, Luxray, Roserade and Floatzel (on average).

Excuse me? My team had my starter, but consisted of misdreavus, sneasel, and gallade.
If I didn't have gallade, I wouldn't have replaced him.
The first time through the Sinnoh elite four, I had a quilava.

Ammako

Excuse me? My team had my starter, but consisted of misdreavus, sneasel, and gallade.
If I didn't have gallade, I wouldn't have replaced him.
The first time through the Sinnoh elite four, I had a quilava.

Keyword is on average.