• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who misses RSE and Hoenn?!

Ultimate Glalie

I don't miss it quite yet, it's too early. Besides, I've played through Emerald about 15 times, and it's boring now. :p

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I miss it but i can easily pick up the game and play it again, there's no huge difference between Diamond/Pearl and R/S/E besides DS version and more pokes.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I don't miss it too much. I wish I could have gotten an earlier start on the Battle Frontier, cause now I'm all psyched about Platinum's and I can't focus on breeding for the pokemon I planned to beat it with. I don't miss the Surfing though. I hated Hoenn's water routes.

nicollins

A good way for me to put my feelings for Hoen would be that I loved it. It was a true blue entry in the Pokemon series. Only thing I really missed was the day/night feature. Other than that, it was great. Hell, it already has the nostalgia factor going for it.

I just loved all the other main series entries more. I don't really miss it because I can still access it whenever I want to. Nothing to be sad about.

Now G/S/C is a completely different situation:(.....

Hoenn was my least favourite series. Because:

~ Not good starter pokemon
~ Boring Plot
~ Not very many good new pokemon (eg Spinda and Huntail)

These are just to name a few reasons why I hate Hoenn.

Rommath

▲_▲
I don't really miss it, since I can pick up and play Emerald any time I want. Seeing as RSE was my first generation, and I never got to play any previous games, I suppose I do feel some nostalgia when I play Ruby or Emerald, though.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Absolutely. Especially Emerald, as it is the best of the trio, but I can't restart it because it has my Mews and Lugias that I use for all my trades. I wish there was a reset so I wouldn't have to use them every single time, and thus could restart.

That post is almost exactly the opposite of how I feel, Smokybacon.

I believe we'll see a remake within a couple years once the GBA games become obsolete in the next gen DS (which should be revealed this week at E3) and secondly, the 10th anniversary isn't that far off; however they could extend it to the twelfth anniversary instead of 10th because when Firered and Leafgreen came out, it was only on its eighth anniversary. Anyways, I enjoy hearing the soundtrack of the RSE series. It never gets old once you reach the Battle Frontier or home at Litteroot Town. Perhaps, we could see the mystery about the white rock therein. Someday...

UberSorcerer

I would miss Hoenn if it had:
The DS Series engine.
Team A/M were interesting or did something note worthy.
Better Battle Music

IMO, RSE isn't bad, the ideas of a tropical region and eco terrorists are good, and I like the Hoenn monsters, but the GBA engine was crap. Even the FRLG tracks sound off, and yeah, those need remaking too. GBAPKMN is largely forgettable. Collo/XD however, are the best thing of Gen3 plot, sound and engine wise.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
A/M were much more noticable than Rocket, Uber. In the original games, Rocket didn't really have a plot, and were basically just normal trainers. Their plot in 2nd Gen was insanely stupid, and they only showed up three times. However, A/M had a creative plot, and you ran into them...hmm...

At the very beginning a couple of times
At Slateport Museum
At Mt. Chimney
At Mt. Pyre
At Aqua/Magma Hideout
At Magma hideout (E only)
At Space Center (E only)
At the undersea cavern
And finally they showed up at Sootopolis and there was an appearance at Mt. Pyre.

Shadow XD001

Well, I don't miss Third Generation because you can still play it. My first Pokemon Game with Pokemon Sapphire Version and it was great. I like D/P/Pt/HG/SS, but just because a game looks cool with 3-D and all that, doesn't mean it's supposed to be your favorite game, and, R/S/E isn't THAT old. Before HG/SS came out, missing G/S/C was kind of reasonable because not a lot of people still play the GBA SP, with the DS out for awhile.

So, in short, I don't miss R/S/E, for the reasons above, but it's still a great Generation.

Electric

I miss the Hoenn region because it's my favorite region with my favorite Pokemon. I hope there's a Hoenn remake and you get to go to Sinnoh when you're done... or maybe even the new region in the new Pokemon games (don't want to spoil anybody.)

Jirachidude

collecter and trader
I don't miss too much of it, it was a pretty boring plot, and had bad starters, heck the only thing I miss about it was the soundtrack :p.

Jirachidude

collecter and trader
I don't miss too much of it, it was a pretty boring plot, and had bad starters, heck the only thing I miss about it was the soundtrack :p.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I don't miss it, because it hasn't gone anywhere... The games still work, at least for me. Right now I'm playing both Ruby and Emerald at the same time, currently have 5 badges.

Kyukon_Mars

I don't really miss it because they're still compatible with Generation IV. I do miss being able to dive though. Once they don't work with the current games then I can see how you'd miss them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being remade after Black and White.