• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who needs an evolution more?

PDL

disenchanted
Choose wisely, as only one can win the poll.

One is a pink heart of love, the other is a spiked ball of pain.

Which Pokémon deserves an evolution more?

Luvdisc ;370; or Qwilfish ;211;?

hIrAm

I've used a Luvdisc in an old Ruby file of mine... and it wasn't that bad! I think I used some sort of an annoyer set. and I've never really used Quilfish, so I'll just say Quilfish.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
An evolved Luvdisc would just become another "Nothing special, ho-hum, usable" Water types that we have so many of.

Qwilfish, on the other hand, has some potential in his typing and move-pool. If an evolution gave him STATs to work with, we could see something interesting.

runka

Charizard pwns it!
Quilfish all the way!

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
Qwilfish.

Honestly, I'm tired of the mass pre-/evoing thing, but I can see no logical evolution of Luvdisc.

I can see a quill fish evolving, but... a love heart? It makes no sense.

palkia1

Palkia Lover
By far Qwilfish. I have been wanting one since 2nd gen

Espeon's Jewl

likes pie
A wild qwilfish once made my charizard faint with destiny bond...
So I'd say qwilfish. It has cool typing and some potential.

KetchupO

tωisted
Luvdisc ^^ Quilfish is ugly..and It's evo will only be uglier -.-

Volteon

Back I guess??
Focus Sash Qwilfish is very useful. Set Rain Dance, then depending on what opponent does, use Spikes or Destiny Bond once Focus Sash activated. Swift Swim is really useful for it.

Luvdisc in the other hand does ANYTHING! It has an ability that boost the only stat it doesn't need a boost and ... it does anything else! The Pokémon they created when they were druged need an evolution desperately!

Nintendo did well with the "OMG a miracle" Pokémon. Pokémon that were considered "the worst of" got a really interesting Evolution, like Aipom, Piloswine, Togetic and Sneasel. If they manage to do this with Luvdisc, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

QuailMan

Carpe Jugulum
Qwilfish, I think. It can become more pointy and more poisonous, whereas luvdisk, well, is a heart. The only thing it can evolve into is two hearts.

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
Actually, I was hoping that they'd give Qwilfish an evo for the 4th gen. As said before, Qwilfish has more potential and is more useful. A Qwilfish evo can really be a strong Pokemon competetively (sp?).