1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Who thinks GBA Pokemon games are harder than others.

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Sorasstaru, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Sorasstaru

Sorasstaru Water type Trainer

I Personally think these games are allot harder than the DS and WII Games but maybe thats because you cant very easily see where you are going. Does anyone know if you can see it better on the actual GBA as opposed to the DS lite like you can see Ds games better on the DS as opposed to the 3DS.

2. LightningRevolver

LightningRevolver Get Lucky.

Me. Its hard to train in GBA games.

3. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well, I did have a more difficult time beating the GBA games the first time compared to the DS games, but I think that's mostly because during Gen III I was younger and didn't know as much as I do now. I don't notice any huge differences in difficulty when playing the games now though.

4. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

First time I played Ruby.. it was sorta challenging XD
    Also I was like 'WUT?! a Wurmple for your MEowth?!' to a friend coz i know nothing about the National Dex. I thought they remade it without the new PKMN on LF/FR lol :p nya~

5. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

The original Red and Blue will always be the hardest pokémon game to play. Broken game play everywhere and wrap was so cheap.

6. John Wallrein

John Wallrein I am the walrein

This. The main reason I beleive games are easier for me now is I understand the mechanics. Before in the old GBA games I would use tackle on everything because I thought it was good. I didn't understand STAB boosts and I would just use my most powerful move on every pokemon I faced even if it resisted it. I thought every move that didn't do damage was a waste so most of my mon's had 3 moves of the same type and one garbage one xD. This is why I htink the GBA games were harder at least for me personally.

7. CMD Calcio

CMD Calcio L'Amore per Sempre

I definitely don't think the 3rd Gen games were harder than the ones before. But then again I actually understand how to play the games now so that changes things.

8. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Unless we count the Battle Frontier in Emerald, I didn't really find the 3rd gen games harder than any other games in the main series. I guess I actually found them a bit easier than the games from 1st and 2nd generation when I first played them as I had a bit of experience in the series, unlike when I first played the games from the earlier generations and didn't know what I was doing.

9. KingWiggins

KingWiggins Well-Known Member

I think it actually depends which gen. you play first which determines this.. for example, if you play gen. 4 before 3, when you do play 3, there are less items, less moves, attacks and special attacks are based on type, etc.
    On the other hand, if you played 1 and 2 first, you have more moves, items, pokemon, and natures.
    Depends how you look on it, really.

10. VannilaCoconut

VannilaCoconut Nature: Boring

Well, I guess so. I bet the creators might have thought the games were too hard, so they kept on making the easier. But hey, that's just my opinion.

11. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush Well-Known Member

lol no. In FR/LG they actually lowered the Elite Four's levels by 2 in comparison to the original Red/Green/Blue. wtf

12. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Well, I figured any game can be hard the first play-through, especially when it comes to finding your way around the game. I once took a look through my friend's (Sapphire?) version once some months before I got a copy, and I had no clue where the character was or anything. Once I got into it, it took some time to get used to.

So in a way, it depends on how you play the game. I was really young when I first got Pokémon Yellow, and it was more difficult than when I got Silver and Ruby combined. But I still had trouble with all of them.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red, though, is another story xP.

13. gpdlt

gpdlt Pokemon Trainer

Harder than the DS games? Yeas. Harder than the originals? NO.

14. Cyndas-Sprites

Cyndas-Sprites EEEEEEH SEXY LADY!

Me, because I never got past Sky Tower in Emerald. I'm such an idiot. ¬_¬

15. Aura Sensei™

Aura Sensei™ User Title

I would say yes by a bit,because the gyms in that Gen. can be quite hard to beat at times.

16. 32er

32er TM87? I got TM32 :]

Harder than 4th/5th gen? Yep.
    Harder then 1st/2nd gen? Nope.

17. Sceptile40

Sceptile40 The One...

They were wayyyy harder than the fourth gen. The gym leaders were just flat out nasty. Ex: Norman, Brawly

18. ☭Secret_Shocker☭

☭Secret_Shocker☭ Well-Known Member

It's quite hard to train in the GB games imo.

19. iPokemon

iPokemon Moonlight

They are harder than the 4th and 5th generation, and a little easier than the previous generations.

20. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I thought the 3rd Generation games were pretty average in terms of difficulty. I had some trouble at some of the Gyms in Sapphire/Ruby, and it took me a long time to finally complete the Pokedex in FireRed/LeafGreen, but they were all right. The only 3rd Generation game that really irritated me was Emerald version, but that's because it had the Battle Frontier, and I almost always lost when I battled there. :p