• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who thinks that training pokemon to level 100 is more rewarding than hacking?

Who thinks that Training your pokemon to level 100 proplerly is more rewarding and satisfying than using an action replay or gameshark?

;330;

Nidogod

It's pretty much a given that it is more rewarding and satisfying. Whether or not it's acceptable to hack due to less time being required and whether or not it should be allowed are the debatable things.

I think its fine to hack all your pokemon to level 100, But You wouldn't get the same sense of satisfaction from hacking them as you would from training them.
Besides, training pokemon properly means that their Atk, Def, speed, etc go up. Hacking them makes their level and only their level go up, like raising them on loads of rare candies.

;330;

Dresden

Pokémon Master
I'd never have the patience to level stuff to 100. And I have no reason to; I have nobody to battle with or anything. If it can beat stuff in-game, that's good enough for me.

That said, while I'd rather level naturally than hack, it seems like leveling a whole team to 100 would be more tedious than rewarding.

Bbut using an action replay or unnamed cheat device *cough*gameshark*cough* isn't as good as training them properly. Okay, this is just getting pointlesss now. Some mod close it down already. Actually, forget I said that.

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Well I EV-train my Pokemon, then usually (not always) just level them up the rest of the way with rare candies.

I find it pretty satisfying, seeing as I IV-bred/EV-trained the Pokemon myself.

Level 83. Impressive. My raichu is level 73. I've stopped training it so that I can get my other pokemon to the same level, then I'll carry on training them.

Imperator_Venit

It is definitely more rewarding when you use them competitively against others. When you use hacks, it's a bit too easy, and it feels like you're playing on Shoddy Battle all the time (Everything is automatically made Lv 100 with perfects IVs...etc).

Although some may not agree with this, hacking somewhat ruins the point of Pokemon. I know it's tedious to breed them to have good IVs and EV train them to Lv 100, but in the end, it's worth it.

So what if it takes long? It's not as long as eternity is it?

Fire Suicune

Although I haven't and never will hack for a level 100, I can easily assume that spending a large amount of time training it yourself is more rewarding. When you hack level 100's:

-Get challenged/challenge somebody
-Both send out lv 100's
-Opponent kills you in 10 seconds because your stats suck
-You start cursing/flaming/whatever

And so on...Yeah, let's train normally.

-F.S. out

Fire Suicune

Although I haven't and never will hack for a level 100, I can easily assume that spending a large amount of time training it yourself is more rewarding. When you hack level 100's:

-Get challenged/challenge somebody
-Both send out lv 100's
-Opponent kills you in 10 seconds because your stats suck
-You start cursing/flaming/whatever

And so on...Yeah, let's train normally.

-F.S. out

I really don't mind leveling up to Lv.100, it's a good accomplishment when an EV trained/IV bred pokemon of mine get up to lv.100.

We need to guess?