• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who thinks that training pokemon to level 100 is more rewarding than hacking?

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Unfortunately, I hack on occasion *nothing gigantically horrible. All of the stuff I hack for could be naturally done* and I have hacked for raising Pokemon to level 100.

I feel bad about it, and lucky for me, when I got my shiny Linoone on Sapphire, I COULDNT cheat *I could only cheat on emulators* so I HAD to train it to level 100 by pure effort.

AND IT FELT GOOD. >:3

So, I AGREE. I don't think I've ever cheated to gain them to level 100 since! And I plan to get my other 2 gameboy *not emulator* shinies to level 100 too, because it feels great. >D

i think its good but to waste all that time! unless u have nothing to do then train but if you have no time i say just hack but don't battle with it because that's just wrong!;355;

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Actually, yes. :) Hacking your own pokemon is kinda stupid, but gaining to level 100 is a lot more fun nowadays.

mR.tOp37

i think that using a cheating device is easy, simple,and CHEAP. especially if you use it in wi-fi battles, "your not cheating others, your cheating yourself".

getting a legit lv100 pokemon is difficult, time-consuming, but is most REWARDING. that IS the essence of the game, hard-work and patience. :D

MorseCoder

Pokemon Champion
i think that using a cheating device is easy, simple,and CHEAP. especially if you use it in wi-fi battles, "your not cheating others, your cheating yourself".

getting a legit lv100 pokemon is difficult, time-consuming, but is most REWARDING. that IS the essence of the game, hard-work and patience. :D

I have LOTS of Lv. 100 Pokemon, Rare Candied though, But they are all Legit, and are From Hoenn(I breed all my Competitive Pokemon there btw), Its simple, Ev Train then Rare Candy it up...

of course its more rewarding, because u know you have done all the hard stuff

YoYie

I you bet
i have some cheated pokemon from a friend, for my pokedex, and those pokedex entries feel the least rewarding of all (like lugia and jirachi etc)
i rare candied my pokemon to 100 personally, and it's pretty rewarding, cheated pokemon don't feel like your pokemon, more like "files"

Miss_Pocket_Monster

Training for yourself is always more rewarding, because it feels like you really did something. Hacking them to high levels seems like a copout, IMO.

It also pays off in battles, since (at least in my experience) legit Pokes are stronger and better to play. ;289;

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Training for yourself is always more rewarding, because it feels like you really did something. Hacking them to high levels seems like a copout, IMO.

It also pays off in battles, since (at least in my experience) legit Pokes are stronger and better to play. ;289;

it depends on how you hack to level them up. Obviously if you use Rare Candies to level them they wont be as strong because they wouldn't have gotten any EVs, but if you use a One Hit KO cheat they'd get EVs from those battles and be just as strong as legit Pokemon.

InfamousMrJ

Serebii'sGhostbuster
It is, without a doubt, tedious to raise a pokemon up to level 100, especially if you raise it from an egg, but in doing so, not only do you ensure a better outcome in stats, or the feeling of a job well done, but often you obtain an appreciation of that pokemon. Case in point: I’ve never much cared for Cacnea/Cacturne, but I recently bred for the right baby, EV trained, and raised it to level 100, and I’m now completely in love with Cacturnes.
You can't get any of that by hacking a pokemon. >=\

Champion Jared 14

It's not that hard to level up pokes to level 100. It's lon for some, but you could make a lv 100 blissey, clone it five times, and battle them over for experience, I see that's a very easy thing to do, and it's VERY rewarding, and quick too. But I haven't gotten around to making those yet...

Eh, whenever I train a pokemon to 100 I sit and look at it and say,"now what?" if you don't battle competitively, it honestly feels like hard work for nothing.

Amazing Red

It doesn't really matter from either option. Maybe if that lvl 100 pokemon is ev trained and has perfect iv's then it would be rewarding.