• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who thinks that training pokemon to level 100 is more rewarding than hacking?

Psyanic

( ⌐▀-▀)
It's not as 'rewarding' anymore. It was rewarding when I was younger, mainly because I never had access to a GS/AR. When I got older, I just hacked to level 100 because I didn't feel the need to train 50+ Pokemon to level 100 in the first place. Honestly, it seemed like a waste of time and was rather dull after legitimately getting four Pokemon to the maxed level.

Personally, I think that a Lvl. 100 Pokemon should be a reward given for effort as opposed to a trophy made by an outside device, but I can see why some people choose to hack their Pokemon up to high levels. The only thing I have against level hacking is when people hack for max stats(Lvl. 100s with 999 in all stats), as that got annoying during my childhood. As for myself, I have a full team built to Lvl. 100 on my FireRed, and honestly, once you can't train them anymore, things get kinda dull. If you don't have a rival to compete with, the game starts to lose its appeal, and with the rise of new Pokemon generations including upcoming Black/White Version II for the 3DS, 3rd gen rivals are tough to come by. I know I got a little off-topic there for a bit, but it all sorta adds to the point. The method of obtaining Lvl. 100 Pokemon is a personal choice based solely on one's reasoning for having them; be it for use or show.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Completely. When you train yourself, you have to put time and effort into your pokemon, as opposed to just up and doing it with hacking. Fare more rewarding.

i do, hacking is cheap and leaves you unhappy. also i can train pokemon to level 100 with better stats than hacking can provide

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Definitely it's more rewarding to do things fairly and in the right manner than to use cheap tricks such as cheating. Sure if you cheat, you can be happy at first but later on, you may regret it. I haven't done that yet, but that would be nice to have some of my Pokes at lv 100 w/o cheating.