• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who to add to my HeartGold team?

seancon93

Currently using the three starters, and I'm not sure who else to add. Have a Togekiss in rotation, but I'm not sure about it.

At least need someone whom can Fly. Any ideas?

EDIT: Team as of entering Pokemon Leauge

;160; Lv. 45

-Surf
-Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Water Gun

;157; Lv. 44

-Flamethrower
-Lava Plume
-Flame Wheel (Want to replace with Thunderpunch)
-Dig

;154; Lv. 45

-Magical Leaf
-Synthesis
-Poison Powder
-Frenzy Plant

In Rotation

;468; Lv. 42

-Fly
-Extrasensory
-Aura Sphere
-Extremespeed

Last edited:

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
You'll need to post movesets if you want us to help you.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Just one of'em? Oh, why? Two of them is superb pokés and they gonna do their jobs extremely well.

Togekiss@Leftovers/Life Orb
Modest Nature
EV's: 252 SpAtk/182 HP//76 Speed (or 252 Speed, if he's not using Leftovers)
~Aure Sphere
~Shadow Ball
~Roost/Air Cutter
~Nasty Plot
Offensive Togekiss and standard (most people prefer to HAX through the game with Togekiss, but I'm not of them).
This Set rely on Boosting Togekiss SpAtk and, after setting up (1x NP is enough, since we're using Life Orb) sweeping at the opponent with full power. Aura Sphere & Shadow Ball makes Togekiss a powerhouse, since nothing will resist it. Roost will help him deal with Life Orb damage. 252 SpAtk EV's (if you pretending using EV's) is a bit too much, but that's how i like my Togekiss, specially if he's doing that job (a sweeper). 182 HP EV's is for Roost, heh. I like Togekiss with a lot of HP, it'll make him last longer on the field, specially if he's using Leftovers. 76 Speed EV's is self-explanatory.

The other is Feraligatr, but i'll not rate him, i'm a bit rusty, ya know? Haha!! So, yeah, good luck! I'll leave the rest with other raters (if there's any)

Last edited:

seancon93

Thanks for the Togekiss tips, decided to keep it on me. What two pokes would really round this out? I had a Heracross, but it couldn't really hold its own (surprising because the one in my B2 is killer).

Oh and Feraligatr doesn't have Water Gun anymore. It has....Take Down I think? Really surprised Water Gun stayed on the whole first half of the game.

Last edited:

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Your team seems fragile so your gonna want Snorlax after you beat the elite 4. For now a good wall will have to be your meganium.

Meganium
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day

Typhlosion
-Eruption
-Earthquake
-Thunderpunch
-Solarbeam

This could be a good solar beaming team just saying

The wall you want to hold this team down is Donphan.

Donphan@Chesto Berry
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Rock Slide
-Roar

You can catch one easily in victory road.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
This team's not really fragile, JAWS, both Meganium and Feraligatr can endure a good amount of hits...actually, this team is pretty strong in defenses, if you ask me.
Especially Fera', since he have reasonably good defenses, and have one of the best types for a wall in-game. Water Type weakness are kindly uncommon, if you ask me, specially in-game. Two Weakness in, just, Thunder-and-Grass attacks is something i call great.
Togekiss can endure SpAtks easily, and if he's Togekiss is using my Set...he become a pure wall. And the AL is just so stupid...there's no need to worry.
And JAWS...no Sunnyday on this team. Only Meganium and Typhlosion will make good use of it, but i don't it's usable...not to mention it's cripple Feraligatr.

Defensive & Offensive Feraligatr Set:
Feraligatr@Leftovers
Careful Nature
EV's: 252 SpDef /252 HP
~Watefall
~Ice Punch/Dragon Claw
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance
Dragon Dance will supply the lack of Adamant Nature, before someone ask it. Both Waterfall and Ice Punch will deal Ground Types that wall Earthquake. Earthquake is also walled by Flying Types; which Ice Punch deals with. Earthquake is mainly for hitting Steel types, that wall both your STAB (Waterfall) and Ice Punch, not to mention it's have a great Base Power by itself.
Dragon Claw is an option over Ice Punch, mainly because Dragon Claw is just resisted by Steel Types; whose Earthquake already deal. So it's your option, and i recommend that you use Dragon Claw too. An pure offensive Feraligatr run the same moveset, the only thing it's change it's his EV's and Nature. If you want using him as a pure sweeper, consider using those EV's (remember, he gonna exactly the same moveset, no changes):
Jolly Nature (+Speed -SpAtk)
EV's: 252 Atk/ 252 Speed
Keep the Leftovers, though, he makes good use of her due to its typing.

Also, consider this too: Togekiss>>>Typhlosion. Typhlosion is not a good poke. I wouldn't use such a thing. If you can, change him to another Fire Type, like Infernape, for example, or any other poke you prefer, really. My recommendation is a Fighting Type because i love'em, and i think i can provide a better moveset and he's probably will having better synergy with this team.

For Meganium...try sticking with this:
Meganium@Leftovers/Whatever
Careful nature
EV's: 252 HP/176 Def/82SpDef
~Swords Dance
~Body Slam
~Seed Bomb
~Leech Seed
This leave her with more options than you think.
Body Slam will supply Meganium's lack of good physical moves, not to mention it's have a nice 30% of chance to induze paralysis. While the enemy's poke is paralyzed, she gonna be faster than him and, if you're wisely enough (i suppose you are) you gonna set-up with Swords Dance and shoot a Leech Seed on the enemy, too, which'll make Meganium last longer.
Your Main attack option is Seed Bomb; which packs good base power already, and if you count STAB, it'll be doing lots of damage on anything that doesn't resist it.
The EV's push's her to a more defensive side, but it's the best she can do. Careful nature for obvious reasons, and the same with SpDef EV's. Careful+SpDef EV's will deal with most Fire Types attacks, and most of them comes in form of Special Attacks. The 252 Def EV's will do exactly the same thing as i stated above.

Well, that's it! Good luck (again) dude!

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Jaws, stop with the crappy Rates. I thought you told me you would learn, but all I see is this:

Donphan@Chesto Berry
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Rock Slide
-Roar

That sucks. Ingame you'll want a more Offensive Moveset, like Earthquake / Rock Slide / Fire Fang / Ice Shard.

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
Your team is nice. You might want more coverage on all of your starters though because only having 3 pokemon you'll need a way to deal with all 17 types.

Having a tank is not necessary in game. A strong FWG (Fire Water Grass) core is very durable to many threats. A single pokemon will not be able to KO all three of his team.

Feraligatr Lv. 45

-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Earthquake

Typhlosion Lv. 44

-Flamethrower
-Hidden Power (If good type). Otherwise Focus Blast
-Swift/Return until Thunder Punch later
-Dig Earthquake if possible

Meganium Lv. 45

-Giga Drain
-Body Slam
-Substitute
-Leech Seed

Don't worry about EVs ingame while making your way through the game.