• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Wants to Trade Pokémon? (1122)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I was only able to watch the episode today, I like Heracross a lot so it was pretty to cool to see an episode focused on it, and seems Go now has a Pokemon strong enough to be in PWC super class.

Bummer that Morpeko is the new Bewear.

~Pinsir doesn't have to do anything, I always do living dexes ingame, 90% of those Pokemon aren't used in my playthrough, Go is doing the same, he doesn't need Pinsir to fight, he got Pinsir for collection issues, he isn't Satoshi.

If your theory is correct WHY did he then bring Pinsir out of the lab huh?? If it's just a dex mon, it had no purpose going with Goh this episode and yet Goh did bring her along, just to blush smh.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's quite strange to see a Heracross in the main cast that isn't Ash's. (Yes, I know that sort of happened with Kiawe's Charizard, but it's still weird.)

And Alain's Charizard.

And Sawyer's Sceptile.

List goes on lol

Pretty sure Rica went on record saying Ash knows about that stuff years ago, he's just really single minded about his quest.

Really? Do you happen to have the source? Was it on Twitter or some interview?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Missed that bit. Sorry

dman_dustin

It's quite strange to see a Heracross in the main cast that isn't Ash's. (Yes, I know that sort of happened with Kiawe's Charizard, but it's still weird.)

Not that I'm defending it, but it's not like Ash's Heracross really did all that much on Ash's team. I wonder if they realized too quickly that it was his strongest Johto Pokemon and just really didn't want Ash to steamroll through the battles.

I mean it didn't participate in a single gym after all. I mean it would've been perfect against Whitney aside from not having any fighting type moves, but I imagine its horn would've stopped Miltank's rollout.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It’s just so weird how livid people get because someone’s interpretation of an event isn’t what they remembered from their watch. Why so much hostility over Pokémon?

Anyway pretty average episode. Nothing inherently wrong with it but nothing that made it memorable after watching it. I really like Heracross so if Ash won’t bring his back, at least there’s one on the cast. Don’t really see the issue with the Pikachu focus because the battles are ultimately short and barely matter in the grand scheme of things.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I liked the fact that because the "hub world" of this series is in Vermillion and a trading event was going on, it gave the writers an excuse to reference the in-game trade from Gen 1 with Spearow <-> Farfetch'd.

Koromi: "I'm the Sinnoh bug queen."
Also Koromi: *sends out Heracross against Ash*
Me: ...Y'know what, I'll let you off as Heracross is in the Sinnoh dex.

One thing I will say is that, TR didn't need to get involved. Sure we learned that the Morpeko they encountered a few episodes ago has decided to be a freeloader as it were and hang out at their base and be a nuisance (and I'm fine with that as we've seen TR moan about having naff all in the food department in the past), but the Scolipede and Drapion that they got from the gacha were completely useless.
I did appreciate that despite Go turning out the initial trade offer from Koromi, they were able to help her get the Pokemon she desired and also advancing Go's goal in the process. However on the flipside, the Pinsir he traded was a random one he caught so he didn't have to part with his that had a thing for Koromi's Heracross, and then to rub it in, it turned out she had 5 other Heracross (how convenient).

On another note, I guess the Battle Zone just doesn't exist in the anime then considering Koromi said that Pinsir don't live in Sinnoh, and whilst that is true in Diamond, she has a complete set of bugs that are in the Sinnoh dex in Platinum and Pinsir exist in Platinum, on Route 229.

Last edited:

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
It’s just so weird how livid people get because someone’s interpretation of an event isn’t what they remembered from their watch. Why so much hostility over Pokémon?

Anyway pretty average episode. Nothing inherently wrong with it but nothing that made it memorable after watching it. I really like Heracross so if Ash won’t bring his back, at least there’s one on the cast. Don’t really see the issue with the Pikachu focus because the battles are ultimately short and barely matter in the grand scheme of things.
Honestly I’ve noticed quite a bit of hostility going on around here when it comes to people talking about this series in general. You’d almost think that you took a wrong turn and ended up on 4chan with the sheer amount of vitriol that goes on. It’s like this series has just brought out the worst in people.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Honestly I’ve noticed quite a bit of hostility going on around here when it comes to people talking about this series in general. You’d almost think that you took a wrong turn and ended up on 4chan with the sheer amount of vitriol that goes on. It’s like this series has just brought out the worst in people.
Agreed. There’s so many people here who feel personally offended whenever the show makes a less than ideal decision or when others don’t agree with said decision.

I’ve said this awhile ago but it ruins the joy of speculation when everyone is either treating the show like it has a personal vendetta against them or when they berate others for not liking every decision. What do you get out of being so hostile over Pokémon?

CupidKirby

I wonder if either Jessie or James will officially catch Morpeko later on. A pokemon that eats all their food sadly suits them seeing their habit over the years of always being deprived of food one way or another.

The character of the day was really endearing! I hope she and the shiny hunter from a previous episode become recurring characters in Goh's quest.

WOW ASH DIDNT ACT DENSE AT ALL FOR ONCE!

Pretty sure Rica went on record saying Ash knows about that stuff years ago, he's just really single minded about his quest.

:eek: I never knew this. This was the biggest plot twist of the episode for me.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I hope they catch Morpeko. Mainly because I'm so tired of the gacha Pokemon. Whoever thought this was a good idea? Like isn't it easier to add permanent Pokemon to Jessie and James' team instead of animating a bunch of new ones every time?

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
The subs say that Morpeko is more or less freeloading at TRio's base and eating all of their food. They've tried chasing it out, too. Looks like it might not be part of their team for a while.
Hilarious that they don't just capture it for Team Rocket like they did with the chewtle and leave Mary to properly debut morpeko

Gotta fill that Mimikyu-shaped hole with another pikaclone, I guess

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wow, I thought Kricketina Kylie was going to be Goh's rival and now she's battling Ash.

Nice to see Ash reward Pikachu with the first official battle following the jealousy arc.

I expected her to send out a Gen IV bug to battle Pikachu, not a Heracross

Pikachu makes quick work of Heracross as expected

Kricketina Kylie is almost as in love with Pinsir as Lana is with Incineroar

Just realized something that I forgot to ask till now: why do Team Rocket always say the Pokédex classification ("the ______________ Pokémon") when they open the gacha? It's kinda weird in-universe (and tbh out-of-universe too, bc idk how or to whom it is helpful)

Wow Pinsir's falling in love with Heracross smh

Yeah the reaction to the PWC is extreme lol, it sucks pikachu is being used but damn people are mad. I liked that it was koromi though coz i adore her, she was a cutie. Hope we get to see her once again in a vespiquen themed episode in sinnoh

So basically I think these Pikachu battle are better than having none at all, which is basically the only logical alternative.. having no small battles like this at all would make the WCS goal self-contained to the major battles, which would do it a disservice for what's supposedly a global competition - it would seem unrealistic for Ash to never receive random battle challenges throughout his travels

I agree as in the other thread that Kricketina Kylie (and Shane Seeker) should become recurring. They don't seem like COTDs anyway, but I guess so far they officially are.

Pretty convenient that Goh manages to catch a 2nd Pinsir to trade. And another boring Ash battle.

What a dreadful episode

Go had a perfectly fine pinsir he never uses and would probably be fine being manhandled by the creepy bug queen who loves getting touchy-feely with her pokémon

But nah, random pinsir in the last ten seconds so Go doesn't have to grow or change as a character

10/10 Typical Go Episode

Not sure if you realized the whole goal of the episode was for Goh to help Kylie Jenner catch a Pinsir? How was it "convenient" or "random"?

Chewtle remains MIA.

What happened to it? It only appeared in 2 episodes? It seemed like they were setting it up to be recurring.