• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who was disappointed with G/S/C's Elite Four?

Is the G/S/C elite Four too weak for your liking?

• Yes

Votes: 148 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoleaf

I also think there too weak, if you look at R/B/Y. I wish they were around lv. 60. Same with wild pokemon, too weak.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
The GSC Elite Four was horrible, no doubt about it.

If you look in This thread, it talks about all the weaknesses their pokemon have. Hell, a GOLEM with ground/rock attacks can take out most of their pokemon!

The Elite Four trainers were just pathetic, I don't get how the ones that were in RBY could have their pokes get so weak. Like, how can Bruno's pokemon go back ten levels? How does Lance have a level 50 Dragonite, when it was like level 62 in RBY?
If they do make a remake of this game, I hope they make the Elite Four stronger. They should have their pokemon in the fifties at least, and then have them at level 70 or so the second time, like in LG/FR.

This is semi off-topic, but adding on to DomeFossil's post : Lance indeed shark his pokemon, not only are his Dragonites of illegal level, but his Aerodactyl knows rockslide, which it couldn't learn back then. (It couldn't learn the TM in the first generation, it didn't learn it by level up, or breeding either)

~Aquarelle

Gold happens before Yellow, aslike Diamond and Pearl.

WhyteMage

I was disappointed, but I couldn't judge back then. GSC was my first generation, so I was kind of surprised when I came up against the first RS E4 person and his levels were the same as Lance in GSC...

EdrickV

Wanderer
They were easier then I would have expected, but not too easy in my opinion. Of course, my team was all under level 40 so my experience may differ from the usual. And the way I see it, only part of the difficulty comes from the Pokemon's levels, part of it is the move sets (Lance's obviously been to NYPC with that Rockslide Aerodactyl) and part of it's the AI. (Using Fly against Ariados and seeing my opponent use Baton Pass to bring out another Pokemon who used Protect or something like that to evade Fly was a bit of a surprise.) First time in a major battle for me where Peck became more useful then Fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.