• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut? (390)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Kamex said:
It's about as shippy as Pokemon tends to get. o_O You don't seriously think there was nothing going on in the writers' minds, do you? It became shippy as soon as May and Drew were seperated together. :p

Uh, Pokemon gets a lot more shippy than this.

If it became shippy just because May/Drew ended up seperated together, does that mean "Grass Hysteria" was shippy because Ash and May were seperated together? Or when Ash and Brock get paired up with Jessie in "Forest Grumps?"

The reason the writers would even add that scene was for the Contestshipping. Well, that and the 'competitive friendship' they want kindling between the two coordinators.

I disagree, this episode was used mainly for restablishing the friendship/rivalry between the two. We haven't seen Drew since "A Fan with a Plan" over 40ish episodes ago. We needed to see Drew again to set-up the rivalry for t he Grand Festival.

Raevell

Kamex said:
It's about as shippy as Pokemon tends to get. o_O You don't seriously think there was nothing going on in the writers' minds, do you? It became shippy as soon as May and Drew were seperated together. :p

As Cybercube has pointed out, Grass Hysteria.

Kamex said:
The reason the writers would even add that scene was for the Contestshipping. Well, that and the 'competitive friendship' they want kindling between the two coordinators.

If this is true I guess Ash has a romance going with every single person he has ever saved. ;)

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Hmm, the anti-Contestshipping brigade has arrived. ;)

I don't see this ep as especially shippy, either, although May and Drew's banter is adorable. Not to worry, though, the Grand Festival will be dubbed soon. :D

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
CyberCubed said:
Uh, Pokemon gets a lot more shippy than this.
I've seen only a few occurences that can be labeled as 'a lot more shippy' than in this episode.

CyberCubed said:
If it became shippy just because May/Drew ended up seperated together, does that mean "Grass Hysteria" was shippy because Ash and May were seperated together? Or when Ash and Brock get paired up with Jessie in "Forest Grumps?"
Raevell said:
As Cybercube has pointed out, Grass Hysteria.
This episode was a little more obvious, IMO.

CyberCubed said:
I disagree, this episode was used mainly for restablishing the friendship/rivalry between the two. We haven't seen Drew since "A Fan with a Plan" over 40ish episodes ago. We needed to see Drew again to set-up the rivalry for t he Grand Festival.
Yeah, I mentioned that. Bringing Drew back into the story was the main idea of the episode, but they used a little Contestshipping to do so.

Raevell said:
If this is true I guess Ash has a romance going with every single person he has ever saved. ;)
It's not just saving people that makes it shippy. You gotta look at all the hints, if y'know what I mean (I'm not trying to get too deep here, though).

Geodude

~Satoshi~ said:
I just can't understand something...If They were all strandded on Mirage island...where did Rocketto-Dan get the balloon? =/ Do they have like 20 of them stuffed in the Koiking submarine?
Same place they always get their mechs. :p

James: "I don't think folks will pay through the nose for a twerp."

XD XD I cracked up at that one.

Raevell

Kamex said:
It's not just saving people that makes it shippy. You gotta look at all the hints, if y'know what I mean (I'm not trying to get too deep here, though).

I don't see it. It seems to me that if you see any real shipping in this episode that you're looking with a magnifying glass. I can understand where contestshippers would see Drew and May together as incredibly cute (heck, even I did to a certain degree) but Jo-Jo, an avid contestshipper who debates in the debate thread often, didn't see it as being overly shippy either.

But to each their own I suppose... I just didn't see it.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Raevell said:
I don't see it. It seems to me that if you see any real shipping in this episode that you're looking with a magnifying glass. I can understand where contestshippers would see Drew and May together as incredibly cute (heck, even I did to a certain degree) but Jo-Jo, an avid contestshipper who debates in the debate thread often, didn't see it as being overly shippy either.

But to each their own I suppose... I just didn't see it.
Well, sure, it wasn't THAT shippy. But I still believe it was a little.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I have to say, this was one of my top favorite episodes of the season. :D It had terrific TR material, great Drew scenes, and some great lines.

HIGHLIGHTS:

-- Seeing Jessie, James, and Meowth so concerned about Wobbuffet being missing was so sweet. :) I especially loved when Jessie called Wobbuffet her "sweetie pie", which nearly made me fall out of my seat. Considering she used to think of him as a pest, that's one great turnaround. :D
-- I loved TR's reactions when Wobbuffet finally returned, and they didn't even know he was there. LOL
-- "From their noses to our pockets" "We sure know how to pick 'em". ROFLOL
-- I loved Max's startled reaction after Wobbuffet popped out. LOL
-- Wynauts! :D That scene with them rubbing each other, though, was really weird.
-- Drew was really awesome in this episode. Even though I love May and Max, Drew's been the best character to come out of Hoenn.

DISLIKES:

-- Extremely few, but I was disappointed that this episode had just the brief interrupted motto and no longer one. When was the last time Meowth or anyone else interrupted the motto after the first couple lines and never did a longer one? I think the last time was season one or two.

Overall, 10/10. Terrific, outstanding episode. :D

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
My highlights:

--Ash's war cry
--Masquerian sounds like it's laughing!
--May calling Drew "Mr. Know it All"
--Oh, I'm unbeatable!
--Ai-yai-yai, May's using her little Beautifly!
--Aww, Team Rocket interrupted!
--The Wynauts, hands down

OMG this is actually a way better episode than I thought, but then again i've seen the pictures over and over again x_X;; Well:

* May's Expeditions returns! We're getting alot of that again lately I love it ^^ There is some in the next episode but err *shot*

* Wynaut had a perfect voice like evar :O

* Drew vs May was great.

*The whole Leichi thing was funny:

May: I know all about Liechi berries.
Drew: Then you would know it's pronouced Leichi.

XD

* Drew sliding along Wynaut was great xP Priceless moment.

* There may not of been much Shipping still CONTESTSHIPPING! :D

9/10

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Well I've finally seen it! It's a really sweet episode, with some great moments. There's nothing left to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll leave now.

Torchic23

gee that's swell
[How dare you support AdvanceShipping *glares evilly*]

Yeah, I've seen the episode now!

As a Contest Shipper let me just say, THIS EPISODE WAS SO FRIGGIN' AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
Ok now that I've said that.....

This episode turned out really good! I love the whole May saves Drew, Drew saves May thing. It was so cute ^_^

Wynaut are a lot smarter than I thought they were. Wobbuffet is so stupid, you'd think Wynaut would be too.

Rodrick's dub was was just...............blegh, Ahoy! That was a bit annoying. If I'd have to give to episode a rating it would be 10.10

G

Geki

I recorded this episode but I never got around to watching it. I will sooner or later. I had to miss it because I went to a concert Friday night and I slept at my cousins in Salem. I didn't feel like waking up at 10:00 AM after I was going wild at a concert until like 3:00 AM that night.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Well, Canada finally got it! *curses WB for showing Back-to-Back episodes*
And what's even better is I checked YTV.com and it said "Date Expectations" would be airing next week, which probably means we'll be getting the Pacifidlog Contest! Yeah...

Anywhays, I really loved this episode, like, a lot. Even though this was one of the first episodes I watched in Japanese before dub, it was almost completely new to me because I hadn't watched it in a while and forgot most of what happened.

Holy Crap, is it the dub? Because I REALLY don't remember this episode being so ContestShipping-y in the original. It's oozing with it. And the scary thing is...I liked it.
Not that I hated ContestShipping before, but now I think I may support it because it's kinda cute and there is clearly something there <3

This also re-kindled my love for Wobbufett, because he's fecking hilarious in this episode. I especially love when TR is looking for him and Jessie gets all emotional...so cute! [it's a nice change seeing as she wants to clobber him most of the time].

With the Wynaut, Liechi[sp?] Berries, and Team Rocket's part in it being interesting and entertaining all made this episode excellent. I'll give it a 9.5/10.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I don't think I ever properly reviewed this episode. o_O Well, I love it, naturally. Anything centred on May and Drew is bound to be good. They really work well as a team in this one - it's funny how they're usually portrayed as equals whenever they aren't fighting each other. The writers kind of balance them out: they each get to attack and dodge in their battle towards the beginning; they take turns saving the other (May holding Drew out of the water, Drew cutting May loose from the tree); and then that double Silver Wind at the end.

I thought the dub seemed a tad more Contestshippy than the original, too... it was probably just being able to understand the dialogue. Hurray for bickering. :D Ash and Misty have nothing on May and Drew. Srsly, sexual tension woah. Gotta love how Drew winds her up without even trying. Though it seems to me she's getting better at thinking up comebacks. They actually have some pretty good banter going at a couple of points.

I think the thing I like most about those two, though - something which is made clear in this episode and the Grand Festival - is that despite all of the insults he hurls her way, Drew would do pretty much anything for May. Aww, boys in love are so SWEET. <3[/obligatory fangirl gush]

Lessee, what else... Jessie was cute when she was worrying about Wobbuffet. Scenes where she shows her nicer side are getting rarer and rarer. And James's "I don't think folks will pay through the nose for a twerp" line was great. The Wynaut orgy scene remains the Dodgiest Pokemon Moment In History Yay. And the character-of-the-day, while boring and generic in the original, was reinvented by the dubbers into..... A PIRATE! :D:D:D

So overall, t'is a good episode, to be sure. Remember, kiddies, explosions make good plot devices, and Wynauts are perverts. 9/10.